It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Tea Party” is NOT the Enemy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So, what you're saying is, Republicans represent more people who didn't vote than Democrats represent people that did vote...

The only thing 'wrong' is that it's not truly representative of the population. The only thing illegal about gerrymandering is that you can't cut out areas based on race. You have to have standing to be able to fight the congressional redrawing. Very few people have standing. Even fewer have the resources to bring the cases before their respective supreme courts. Sure it's all legal, but it's not right and it doesn't represent the majority of voters.

As for the international banking...I have no problem with raising the debt ceiling or keeping the government open. I do have a problem with the tactics used by the Tea Party to try and prevent those things. Most US debt is held by Americans, not mysterious international banks and foreign countries. Absolutely nothing is going to lower the debt unless special concessions are made to specifically pay the debt before paying for anything else.

We could raise taxes and cut spending if you're all so concerned about the debt, we could start running surpluses and using the extra money to pay down the debt rather than lowering taxes across the board. Or we can play these stupid games of trying to destroy the government everytime we talk about lawfully spending the our money.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

How do YOU feel about the international banking influences ?

Especially how it affects the U.S. economy and the U.S. Federal Reserve ?

Can you justify anything one way or the other ?

This is important.

It is affecting everybody.

The Tea Party seems to be the only group that is seeing this for what it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
My young daughter points out the lies, what is wrong? is it something in the water?

Yeah its called fluoride.

How do you think Hitler controlled the masses and made them believe his radical views?

Fluoride isn't even found naturally in nature. It's too reactive, it has to be refined from fluorite.

I know people aren't just now getting cavities because they aren't getting enough fluoride.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I agree the International bankers are a den a vipers.

But the TP on principle were against the vipers getting paid from the treasury for their greed…fair enough

But the TP doesn’t care that the IB are ravaging the economy just that they got paid by the treasury. They don’t go far enough.

Whereas the Occupy Wall Street group have a consistent philosophy across the board, it's more consistent and for ALL of the people.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It was only a matter of time before someone played the "card", got anything else or is that it? This completly unsustainable program is a start to a completely controlled state. Soon you will have no control of your life. I know a lot of people who support this mess, they just have no answer as to why. I talked to a friend whom supports it, he smokes weed. I asked him what do you think will happen to that fact when discovered by a simple blood test? data on you from all levels will be used against you. The end of doctor/patient confidenciality, this info will be available to any government agency including the lovely IRS, and this is one of many issues, malpractice lawsuits? they bury you and say "next!"...it will never stop...I have many more issues, just think how your government will handle this unlimited power over you.....then there is the drug companies...on and on to no end...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

So, what you're saying is, Republicans represent more people who didn't vote than Democrats represent people that did vote...
I'm not the one saying it. The Constitution is saying it. And it's States Rights.

The only thing 'wrong' is that it's not truly representative of the population. The only thing illegal about gerrymandering is that you can't cut out areas based on race. You have to have standing to be able to fight the congressional redrawing. Very few people have standing. Even fewer have the resources to bring the cases before their respective supreme courts. Sure it's all legal, but it's not right and it doesn't represent the majority of voters.
Then start a crusade to change the Constitution.

As for the international banking...I have no problem with raising the debt ceiling or keeping the government open. I do have a problem with the tactics used by the Tea Party to try and prevent those things. Most US debt is held by Americans, not mysterious international banks and foreign countries. Absolutely nothing is going to lower the debt unless special concessions are made to specifically pay the debt before paying for anything else.

We could raise taxes and cut spending if you're all so concerned about the debt, we could start running surpluses and using the extra money to pay down the debt rather than lowering taxes across the board. Or we can play these stupid games of trying to destroy the government everytime we talk about lawfully spending the our money.
Thanks for the answer. All we have to do is stop borrowing, and limit or eliminate some imports. Increased production at home would produce an increase in revenues (which btw may be enough at current levels). That would also get unemployment to under 4% and really reduce assistance spending. Details are complicated, but this is not difficult.

And, there is no proof at all that a default would happen with current revenues.

The U.S. could easily increase oil exports as well as other goods.

The current situation is a fabricated illusion IMO.

It all goes back to the global banking agenda.

very complicated, but easy to fix. Just eliminate the corruption -- that's the hard part.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

JrDavis

teslahowitzer
My young daughter points out the lies, what is wrong? is it something in the water?

Yeah its called fluoride.

How do you think Hitler controlled the masses and made them believe his radical views?

Fluoride isn't even found naturally in nature. It's too reactive, it has to be refined from fluorite.

I know people aren't just now getting cavities because they aren't getting enough fluoride.

Hmmmm kinda strange.........
SC started around '06 taking "city water" out to all of the rural areas. There are places, that I know of, that are at least 30 miles from the nearest town that now have "city water".
Taste like crude as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Willtell

I agree the International bankers are a den a vipers.

But the TP on principle were against the vipers getting paid from the treasury for their greed…fair enough

But the TP doesn’t care that the IB are ravaging the economy just that they got paid by the treasury. They don’t go far enough.

Whereas the Occupy Wall Street group have a consistent philosophy across the board, it's more consistent and for ALL of the people.

Well it looks like the TP and Occupy are not that far apart.
The TP are for ALL of the people, that are citizens.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I think you're completely misunderstanding how gerrymandering works and how it's detrimental to a representative republic. I also think that you're purposefully being obtuse about the subject because it suits your needs.

Here we are, at the base of our ideologies; simply because it's legal, doesn't mean it's right.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

links234

Here we are, at the base of our ideologies; simply because it's legal, doesn't mean it's right.

That goes great when we're talking about Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

links234

GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!
That is exactly what many Tea Partiers think as well :thumbs up:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

links234

I think you're completely misunderstanding how gerrymandering works and how it's detrimental to a representative republic. I also think that you're purposefully being obtuse about the subject because it suits your needs.

Feel free to explain the gerrymandering issue and please cite some obvious issues and violations.

There have been court cases at all levels.

But this entire topic has zero to do with my needs or your needs exclusively, and gerrymandering really has nothing to do with global banking.

The topic is about the global banking *Agenda* and how THAT is affecting everybody.

Please continue.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That's true and I apologize for taking you off-topic. There was mention of the 'majority' being represented through the elections of 2012. My congressman certainly doesn't represent the 49% of people who didn't vote for him. Wouldn't you know it though, a huge chunk of liberal voters were moved into a different district in 2010.

If the Tea Party is truly trying to save us from the international bankers then come out and say it. All I hear is that Obamacare is the problem and the government needed to shutdown so that the Tea Party could stop Obamacare. I didn't hear one word about international banking cartels during the debate on the shutdown.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

links234

That's true and I apologize for taking you off-topic. There was mention of the 'majority' being represented through the elections of 2012. My congressman certainly doesn't represent the 49% of people who didn't vote for him. Wouldn't you know it though, a huge chunk of liberal voters were moved into a different district in 2010.

If the Tea Party is truly trying to save us from the international bankers then come out and say it. All I hear is that Obamacare is the problem and the government needed to shutdown so that the Tea Party could stop Obamacare. I didn't hear one word about international banking cartels during the debate on the shutdown.

Have you ever been to a Tea Party meeting?

Or is your opinion shaped by MSNBC?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The general Tea Party is against the Federal Reserve.

The TP members in Congress do not have full support. They are a minority.

That's why we don't hear any major opinions in the MSM.

But we know the TP is against many bank regulations set forth by the Federal Reserve.

The FR makes the banking policies based on the Basel III 'agreements'.

Changes to the policies would take major legislation and would not be supported by the Senate or by the Administration, not to mention the RINOs either.

read some recently implemented regulations that may be the reasons for the food stamp 'glitch', and for the recent bank withdrawal and transfer limits....

Release Date: September 24, 2013
For immediate release

The Federal Reserve Board on Tuesday issued two interim final rules that clarify how companies should incorporate the Basel III regulatory capital reforms into their capital and business projections during the next cycle of capital plan submissions and stress tests.

Rules to implement the Basel III capital reforms in the United States were finalized in July, and will be phased-in beginning in 2014 or 2015, depending on the size of the banking organization. The planning horizon for the next capital planning and stress testing cycle runs from the fourth quarter of 2013 through the fourth quarter of 2015.

Thus, the next capital planning and stress testing cycle, which begins October 1, overlaps with the implementation of the Basel III capital reforms.

Basel III Implementation by U.S. Federal Reserve

also do some research on the Basel I and Basel II guidelines. There was effects back then too !!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here's an old article from a left wing source.

It effectively is *setting up* the Tea Party.

Some of the 'info' may not even be true.

"They' have been afraid of the TP for a long time.

And perhaps some TP members of Congress are bought off.
Infiltration is part of the game.

May 21, 2012

The 15 freshmen Republican representatives in the House Tea Party Caucus each ran in 2010 on a populist anti-Wall Street message, highlighting their opposition to bank bailouts like the 2008 Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and criticizing Washington for enabling the banking sector as it became “Too Big to Fail.” After winning, all fifteen received significant PAC contributions from the banking industry — and have become a reliable vote and mouthpiece for the financial industry, a ThinkProgress analysis of campaign contributions, voting records and public statements reveals.

HOW BANKS BOUGHT THE TEA PARTY: Cash Transforms Populist Insurgents To Reliable Vote For Financial Industry

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I understand. Again, they may have been silent because of the IMF meetings that week (ref. the OP)

Everybody has limits. I don't think Boehner is a Tea Party'er ?

Here is a platform statement from some kind of Tea Party site .... they seem to indicate being against the International Banking systems;

2. Eliminate the National Debt - By implementing fiscally conservative policies at all levels of government, progress can be made toward eliminating the U.S. National Debt. Massive increases in the National Debt have created and continue to create a huge burden for the next generation of Americans, thus imperiling the country’s short-term and long-term economic health and prosperity.

“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” --Abraham Lincoln

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” --Thomas Paine, 1776

“As on the one hand, the necessity for borrowing in particular emergencies cannot be doubted, so on the other, it is equally evident that to be able to borrow upon good terms, it is essential that the credit of a nation should be well established.” --Alexander Hamilton, 1790

3. Eliminate Deficit Spending - All deficit spending must be eliminated immediately. We insist that government representatives at all levels maintain a fiscally responsible budget and balance the books as would be expected of any American business.

“Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness.” --George Washington

“A penny saved is a penny earned.” --Benjamin Franklin

“Tomorrow, every Fault is to be amended; but that Tomorrow never comes.” --Benjamin Franklin

Ten Core Beliefs of the Modern-Day Tea Party Movement

I'm not finding anything like this from the mainstream Democrat or Republican platforms ?

No wonder everybody is going after the TP !!!

Ex

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

I would have a little respect for their views.
If they were fighting for debt relief on a saner
Platform,say, putting people back to work,investment in education and small business
Startups.
As this would increase more dollars in our overtaxed system .also taxing the rich as well as everyone else would make me think
They really are sincere about their cause
And concern about our country.

But making themselves look like a
Teenage girl that tells her parents shes going to burn the house down because
They wont let her boyfriend move in...
Naw......no respect.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It wasn't the TEA Party that "decided to close shop"

They were bragging about how they were going to shut down the government before, now they had nothing to do with it?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

CB328

It wasn't the TEA Party that "decided to close shop"

They were bragging about how they were going to shut down the government before, now they had nothing to do with it?

Well I for one was hoping for some comments about the banking system.

How do you feel about the Federal Reserve being *Steered* by an international committee ?

And how will you *justify* your beliefs ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join