It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Tea Party” is NOT the Enemy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
So a minority was able to stop the country from passing a budget because they did not like what the majority wanted, and there the good guys?

That's hitting the nail on the head!!!!!!

The Constitution was written and structured just so..........to prevent the tyranny of the majority from trampling over the minority such as a true democracy would allow.

That's exactly why it is a Representative Republic. Snickering a bit because you hit that nail by accident rather than on purpose.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Sorry i didint know you could read minds, again nobody is answering the question, isint it the tea party that shut down governemnt over funding of obamacare, a passed law.

Thats all im asking, not how you feel about so and so, i personally cant stand politians, there all crooks.

But plz can i get an answer, with facts, not obumers is the anti christ, duh you drink kool aid

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by Phoenix

Sorry i didint know you could read minds, again nobody is answering the question, isint it the tea party that shut down governemnt over funding of obamacare, a passed law.

Thats all im asking, not how you feel about so and so, i personally cant stand politians, there all crooks.

But plz can i get an answer, with facts, not obumers is the anti christ, duh you drink kool aid

The Tea Party CAN'T shut down government because they aren't president.

Only the president can shut down government. And he did so.

Over a tax.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But isint it the minority that tried to defund a passed law, im on no side here, all im hearing and seeing is the majority of americans did not want the government to be shut down over obamacare, alot of people are mad about it, but they didint think it was worth shuting down the house and losing 24 billion at the same time.

I really hope obamacare helps people more than it hurts, but only time will tell.

Tea partiers arent evil, they just have a different opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by Phoenix

The U.S. House dropped the ObamaCare funding issue early on.

They passed many bills that would have eased the so-called shutdown day by day.

The Senate refused to vote on single issue solutions.

That's what actually happened.

You can see the legislation the House passed since Oct 1.

U.S. House of Representatives Roll Call Votes

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by beezzer

But isint it the minority that tried to defund a passed law, im on no side here, all im hearing and seeing is the majority of americans did not want the government to be shut down over obamacare, alot of people are mad about it, but they didint think it was worth shuting down the house and losing 24 billion at the same time.

Who? Who is mad about it? Many were concerned because the government and media scared the living snot out of the public.
They only lost that money because the senate refused to pass stop-gap measures.
And we're worried about 24 billion now? The debt is 17 trillion and we're pissing about 24 billion????

I really hope obamacare helps people more than it hurts, but only time will tell.

It is a tax to impose a greater burden on those working to pay for those who aren't.
It is wealth redistribution.

Tea partiers arent evil, they just have a different opinion.

FINALLY! Some damned sense!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

beezzer

links234

No, the Tea Party are the enemies of freedom and liberty. They've proven that time and time again.

How is a mandatory tax, bigger government, more government intrusion, more government control. . . freedom?

really.

How in the heck is that freedom?

Freedom from having to think. Be a good little drone and let the state do that. Be in compliance and you are free from having to deal with hard decisions. More time for the tube or the club or whatever mindless activity consumes your time. You know, free.

Beezzer, I think there are problems in this country that might not be able to be overcome. Some of the lack of knowledge of the structure of our government shown by a significant number of posters is appalling. What are the schools teaching these young people???

Yes, Obamacare, or more properly the ACA, is a TAX. SCOTUS specifically stated that the mandate that is the core of the damn thing could be enforced only as a tax.

New taxes originate in the House of Representatives, ACA originated in the Senate. It has been vehemently denied by the Administration and the Dems that it is a tax because they KNOW that if challenged again on that point of law, it will likely be struck down. New taxes must ORIGINATE in the House.

I do not know who the "majority" repeatedly referenced is. All I know is that I have not met one person yet who supports it. Not one.

You are quite a rational person, Beezzer. Thank you for a breath of sanity.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

BenReclused
That's funny, considering the majority of US citizens are represented, at the federal level, by Republicans.

That is funny as 1.2 million more people voted for house Democrats than house Republicans in 2012...yet, the GOP holds the house by an easy majority.

So funny how that works.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

links234

BenReclused
That's funny, considering the majority of US citizens are represented, at the federal level, by Republicans.

That is funny as 1.2 million more people voted for house Democrats than house Republicans in 2012...yet, the GOP holds the house by an easy majority.

So funny how that works.

You have a source for that, don't you?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

links234

BenReclused

So funny how that works.

I think he's talking about the Congressional districts.

Those districts are equal by population, not by voters or incomes or votes cast in past elections or party affiliations or anything else.

The guidelines are in the Constitution (God forbid) and are States Rights.

And before you bring up gerrymandering, please have some proof first.

Characteristics of the 113th Congressional Districts

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I di have some respect for some of its members.

Until they brought the possibilty of a devestating internation event as a way to stop a INTERNAl American problem.

As soon as they showed they would let the world burn and themselfsobe INTERNAL politics then you lost my respect,

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

No. Quite nice. Thank you.

Um, Xuenchen?

Care to help this nice member with some math?

(he's got the better charts and data)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So funny how that works.

Laugh if you want to, but the sad truth is:
Mr. Oblamer, and the Senate, refused to listen to approx. 172,005,614 voices that were speaking against "Obummercare".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No the tea party is NOT the enemy. It is only a symptom of a greater problem that transcends their philosophy.

It is selfishness, ignorance, and greed that is the enemy.

Certainly the Tea party has no monopoly on anything.

It is when human beings become selfish, ignorant, and greedy that we have the problems we do.

Actually the tea party can be traced to the depression of 2008 brought on by the greedy banksters.

Recall they became prominent when TARP…THE MONEY GIVEN TO THE BANKSTERS came into law.

So they started out okay but they have been overtaken by the Koch types and other greedy conservatives and GOPers.

So actually they started out allying with many progressives who also were against TARP.

But they have, unfortunately ,evolved into something negative, imo.

edit on 18-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

beezzer

No. Quite nice. Thank you.

Um, Xuenchen?

Care to help this nice member with some math?

(he's got the better charts and data)

That 'math' is just total vote counts.

Those mean nothing because many districts have lower or higher voter turnout.

The Congressional districts are drawn by population, nothing else.

The House majority has a majority of the population represented.

See the link in one of my posts above. It has a table with census populations for each district.

It's too big to post in excel format.

If anything was 'wrong', it would be challenged in the courts.

The average population in each district is apprx. 711,000

232 (R) = 164,952,000 population.
200 (D) = 142,200,000 population.

and our friend needs to answer why he supports the international banking influences.
me thinks he's dodging the question.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Many thanks! I knew you had the data at your fingertips!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The “Tea Party” is NOT the Enemy....if you're a wealthy white male.

On the other hand, if you're poor or an immigrant or black or hispanic or muslim or gay or female or in need of healthcare, you may view them in a different light.

And for the record, the rest of the GOP isn't much better. When you don't stand up against "crazy" in your own party, you are embracing it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

links234

No, the Tea Party are truly the enemies of America. They flout their rhetoric in the face of the majority of Americans as if the rest of us are 'wrong'. Somehow, someway, we need to just shut up and let the Tea Party return us to what we were meant to be...or at least, what they think we were meant to be.

No, the Tea Party are the enemies of freedom and liberty. They've proven that time and time again.

How?
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Flatfish

The “Tea Party” is NOT the Enemy....if you're a wealthy white male.

On the other hand, if you're poor or an immigrant or black or hispanic or muslim or gay or female or in need of healthcare, you may view them in a different light.

And for the record, the rest of the GOP isn't much better. When you don't stand up against "crazy" in your own party, you are embracing it.

Well then.

Surely you can justify the banking system influences ?

The Tea Party seems to be the only ones against it.

How do you feel about the Basel Committee ?

Please express your support or your stand against those policies.

Love to hear it either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join