It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Tea Party” is NOT the Enemy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Again, Tea Party is generally against stupid wars which uselessly spend money. Why not just make sure we have our weapons intact and not give away our power to other countries? Most T Party want to be sure the citizens have a defense against a tyrannical government, which we have right now, a tyrannical and narcissistic government. The problem is that the masses have not yet recognized that elites on both the left and the right have escalated wars, they just use different methods of convincing citizens that the wars are necessary. Remember FDR got us into WWII and allowed Japanese bombers to attack Pearl Harbor with absolutely no intervention. JFK is who sent troops to Viet Nam.....so you might reconsider your thinking on this. Obama recently appointed a guy from Raytheon lobbyist to a top Pentagon position.... what's that you say? Oh Mr Obama is a tea party guy???? Just kidding but it's silly to point fingers at Tea Partiers for this stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You seem to be a Tea Party advocate. I went to their site and read their core beliefs. I agree with the monetary but they lose me on the social. They want limited government intrusion, but they want to control what I do with my body and who I sleep with. And they actively pursue this agenda with money and legislation. So, unless, you are christian, the Tea Party is not for you.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You seem to be a Tea Party advocate. I went to their site and read their core beliefs. I agree with the monetary but they lose me on the social. They want limited government intrusion, but they want to control what I do with my body and who I sleep with. And they actively pursue this agenda with money and legislation. So, unless, you are christian, the Tea Party is not for you.

You say that you went to their site and read their core beliefs. Are you sure it was the Tea Party site? I double-checked, just to be sure they didn't add anything since my last visit to their site. I didn't see anything about controlling what you do with your body. They don't mention anyone's "body". I certainly didn't see anything about who you, I, nor anyone sleep's with. Are you sure you are talking about the teaparty.org website and not the healthcare.gov?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Yes, teaparty.org. The "About Us" tag. Scroll down to " 15 NON NEGOTIALBE CORE BELIEFS".

What stuck out for me was:

13. Intrusive government must be stopped.

Then,

14. Traditional family values encouraged.

And they have backed up number 14 with legislation and money against other lifestyles and adult choices.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ThirdEyeofHorus

My main objection with the tea party is that they dont want to downsize on the military hardware and advanced black projects research

Which newscast or Progressive blog did you get that from? Because all the T Party people I know are and have been against the wars, myself included. Now where was Occupy when Obama went into Libya and tried to get us into another war with Syria? Oh yah, nowhere.

Did you read the 15 non-negotiable beliefs?

3. A strong military is essential.

We already have an overpowerful military in relation to russia and china that ONLY helps the military-industrial complex shareholders and big business imperialists make more money. The average person losses with this strategy.

Yes I am against the wars but I am also against lots of expensive hardware. And 1.5 million active duty and 1.5 million reserve force is a bit much. 1 million of each would be plenty when cutting spending should be our number one priority.

You are correct about Occupy being silent lately. Not only did they keep mum about all the middle eastern interventions but they seem defeated on financial reform as well. I guess when fox news makes fun of you by calling all them people "dirty, lazy hippies" you just give up. It doesn't mean they support Obama and are still democrats either. I hope the democrats get grilled come next election period and I would say the same about republicans.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
A lot of you guys fail to realize that the Tea Party is pretty de-centralized and spend more of their time attacking the establishment GOP than they do the left (this is my real life experience) simply because the establishment GOP is a failure at getting their message across and winning hearts and minds, etc... Sure most of them share many of the SAME beliefs and ideals but I've met plenty of different tea partiers with different beliefs.

First, let us not forget who actually started the Tea Party, Ron Paul (the indisputable Godfather of the Tea Party), and how the Tea Party grassroots apparatus was hijacked and reformed by then mainstream Republicans (many of them small government and religious but felt discarded by the establishment GOP).

The Tea Party started off as small government, rule of law, constitutional, and "leave-me-alone" mentality, which INCLUDED religion. As in, "let me practice my religion without your meddling and you do what you want with your life as long as you don't hurt people yada yada". Very LIBERTARIAN ideals, if you will.

What we have today is just a more aggressive and more principled version of the actual establishment GOP, which in many ways is better than the establishment but still not what the actual ideals of the Tea Party was founded on in 2007.

That being said, they are not the enemy. Nor are the enemies the grassroots liberals/progressives on the left. The real enemies are those at the head of both parties that use the message and ideals to siphon money to their consulting/contract firms through electoral politics/fundraising, and government contracts.

Before the REAL left and right get to fight each other, they need to take down the behemoth first....that is no small deed but we are sure trying...at least those of us who can see past the facade. Unfortunately everybody who shook their pom poms for Obama or Romney aren't there quite yet.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So he's Muslim because of his name? Wow. These baseless assumptions never cease to amaze me... His name, although it may be known in Arab countries, actually has origins in Africa and has meaning in Hebrew too--quite the opposite to Islam.

And he wanted to help Syrian rebels because politics... He would be able to get a stronger foothold in Syria and would also find it easier then to drop bombs on Iran. Obama is not a good man and I do not agree with his destructive policies and his constant attempt to silence journalist and stunt democracy, but the idea that he's Muslim because of his name is hilarious. And so what if he was Muslim? Why would that be so terrible?

edit on 28-10-2013 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

He can be anything he wants, but the stunt he and his administration tried to pull this summer was wretched beyond belief. We averted a major war at the last moment. Your post is full of contradictions but I like your avatar and username. It makes for a good laugh.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

What contradictions? Please explain them...

I'm guessing you mean the fact I dislike almost everything Obama has done, but I'm supposedly defending him? Well, no, I'm not defending him, I'm just pointing out your idiotic presumption that someone must be a Muslim based on their name (now that provides a good laugh) and that although Obama is a terrible leader and destroyer of democracy, the Tea Party are far, far worse than he could ever be.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Scope and a Beam

What contradictions? Please explain them...

I'm guessing you mean the fact I dislike almost everything Obama has done, but I'm supposedly defending him? Well, no, I'm not defending him, I'm just pointing out your idiotic presumption that someone must be a Muslim based on their name (now that provides a good laugh) and that although Obama is a terrible leader and destroyer of democracy, the Tea Party are far, far worse than he could ever be.

First of all I am not tea party. I am mostly occcupy. Second if his name, especially the middle one called "hussein" isnt arabic, and the fact he supported muslim brotherhood sound fishy enough for you, then I dont know what else to tell you.

He is a muslim, he is purportedly gay, not natural born, pro welfare statism. Feel free to disagree till next year. I dont think I will answer you again. At least I will try not to. lmao!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You have no proof of any of the garbage you're talking about. Purportedly gay? Where the hell did you get that from?

You are too stupid to converse with, sir.

Good day to you.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Quadrivium

JrDavis

teslahowitzer
My young daughter points out the lies, what is wrong? is it something in the water?

Yeah its called fluoride.

How do you think Hitler controlled the masses and made them believe his radical views?

Fluoride isn't even found naturally in nature. It's too reactive, it has to be refined from fluorite.

I know people aren't just now getting cavities because they aren't getting enough fluoride.

Hmmmm kinda strange.........
SC started around '06 taking "city water" out to all of the rural areas. There are places, that I know of, that are at least 30 miles from the nearest town that now have "city water".
Taste like crude as well.

You don't think Fluoride is only found in city water do you?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

xuenchen

Jefferton
They are not the enemy, just the awful terrible people that the group attracts... They kind of suck, the big one.

Then we can assume that you support the current debt *problem* ?

You sure have a unique way of showing it !!!

no one supports this "debt problem"...but why do the right-wingers only threaten the government with shutdown when a DEMOCRAT IS PRESIDENT???? you had Reagan and Bush for twelve years and "W" for eight...not a peep.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join