It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visa and Mastercard Trying to Hinder Global Pharma Sales to Coincide with US Law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
IAS is a company out of the UK that sells anti-aging and 'smart drugs' to an international clientele. They seem to be getting stymied by US regulations and their credit card sales are being affected. Looks rather like another bit of dominance in violation of international law on the part of the big banks:

US Regulations

Over the past few months you may have noticed that IAS’s credit cards have been somewhat intermittent – this has had nothing to do with the strength of our business, actually demand for our products and services has never been higher. The problem has been with MasterCard and Visa who are trying to apply US regulations throughout the world. Without boring you with all the details, they essentially want to block all pharmaceutical sales online. How? By attempting to apply US laws throughout the world! Thus requiring prescriptions for all, or by blocking those who offer FDA unapproved medicines – obviously this is a complete ignorance of international laws. Consider that many of the world’s medicines are not FDA approved; but nonetheless they are approved by other governments such as Canada, Germany, Australia, Italy, Japan or Britain etc., do these governments provide medicines that are more dangerous than FDA approved ones? No of course they do not.

More at the link:

IAS website link

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Two corporations that I absolutely hate fighting it out. On the one side we have Visa and Mastercard (credit card companies and man do I hate credit) and on the other we have Big Pharma (we all know about these guys' track record). I feel like this is like watching a bear fight a tiger over which one of them gets to eat you.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Two corporations that I absolutely hate fighting it out. On the one side we have Visa and Mastercard (credit card companies and man do I hate credit) and on the other we have Big Pharma (we all know about these guys' track record). I feel like this is like watching a bear fight a tiger over which one of them gets to eat you.

Big Pharma is on the side of Visa and Mastercard. These sales are primarily from the little guys to the little guys--without Big Pharma getting their cut.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Yes, very much alternative pharmaceuticals for people who would rather do their own research and make up their own minds without going thru the filter of the FDA and a doctor's prescription. I've done business with this company before, and they're high quality and trustworthy. The FDA wants to take that choice for our own health away from us and to use their BS 'standard of care' parameters. All of it horrifically expensive, of course...

BTW, does anyone know of a European country where the pharmaceutical industry is not draconian? I may not ever get to leave the States but it's good to know there's options.

new topics

top topics

join