Consumer billed $95 after calling into ObamaCare exchange

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Also, to be clear, this is not about drama...it is about information. In this day and age, as odd as it may sound, boards like this are some of the only ways to to get an alternative or non biased view of what is really going on. Fox, MSNBC, Jon Stewart...in one way or the other there are all bias but at the end of the day it is about trying to find a shred of truth in the ton of excrement that we are fed not only a daily but hourly basis with the TV. The current admin has rewritten what a reporter is an something like 75% of the press corp have joined the current regime.

The POTUS right now I do not think would matter to be honest. GOP or Left wing regime I think we would be in a similar boat with the PPACA but there would be differences. Some people are more about socila welfare and some are about employment of those people instead of entitlement.

The original thought of the PPACA had me excited, to be honest, as I pay out my ass for health care for my family coverage. There have been so many revisions that it is not the original bill that was described. It is a tax package and a way to collect money for the FED.

There is NO such thing as a free lunch....

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

There is NO such thing as a free lunch...unless there is a bug. in the system,, or a fly,,in the ointment,, but then u would not eat ointment, so,, umm ya,, sorry.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

matafuchs
This happened on the 10th and did not see anything about it until now. After calling and declining the PPACA coverage this person was sent a bill for 95.00. That is the fine for opting out....

Link

Be careful checking in folks....if you cancel the transaction realize they have your info.
edit on 10pm31pmf0000002013-10-18T14:16:33-05:000233 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

Wow..."Rick from Oklahoma" called Fox news, so it must be true!

The level of gullibility of the ideologically committed is stunning.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I find it funny that people assume it HAS TO BE A LIE.

How many of you have called gone through the process and turned down enrollment?

Has anyone actually seen a price list for costs on anything related to the application process?

Government agencies charge processing fees for services as do many other entities.

Most people don't know ANYTHING AT ALL about signing up for, or declining ACA coverage.

So why the freakout and crap slinging?

A 2000 page bill that increases the cost of healthcare for the whole country, mandates the purchase of insurance coverage and imposes fines for noncompliance....

Yeah.
No POSSIBLE way that processing fees would EVER be utilized by such an act.

The government does EVERYTHING for FREE right?

Gotta be a lie!

It's gotta be!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

badgerprints
I find it funny that people assume it HAS TO BE A LIE.

How many of you have called gone through the process and turned down enrollment?

Has anyone actually seen a price list for costs on anything related to the application process?

Government agencies charge processing fees for services as do many other entities.

Most people don't know ANYTHING AT ALL about signing up for, or declining ACA coverage.

So why the freakout and crap slinging?

A 2000 page bill that increases the cost of healthcare for the whole country, mandates the purchase of insurance coverage and imposes fines for noncompliance....

Yeah.
No POSSIBLE way that processing fees would EVER be utilized by such an act.

The government does EVERYTHING for FREE right?

Gotta be a lie!

It's gotta be!

i applaud you kind sir. the most sensible thing i've read in this whole thread.

LMAO@ my news service is better than yours! what is up with that, i will never understand that nonsense.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
We all know Fox is beyond reproach.........right?

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

Only one problem with that.

I don’t doubt that these six individuals believe that Obamacare is a disaster; but none of them had even visited the insurance exchange. And some of them appear to have taken actions (Paul Cox, for example) based on a general pessimistic belief about Obamacare. He’s certainly entitled to do so, but Hannity is not entitled to point to Paul’s behavior as an “Obamacare train wreck story” and maintain any credibility that he might have as a journalist.

Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare

If the Rabid Right are so sure Obamacare is going to fail, why invent stories?

They should be turning cartwheels over the whole website debacle.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I also tried searching for any other info on this besides just a phone call and came up with nothing. No FB post, no picture of the bill on Twitter, not even a recording of said phone call.

In this day and age of people wanting their fifteen minutes of fame I find it hard to believe this guy isn't posting this "bill" on every website in the .com universe.

I call shenanigans on this story as well.

Even more disturbing is that it seems the cable news networks are just writing things as truth without some sort of proof. I know its been happening more and more over the years, but accepting Joe Blows phone call as absolute fact is rather scary and now I'm wondering what, if anything, is to be believed anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Again, as a US citizen you pay a tax if you wish if you opt out. It is not like there is someone creating something from nothing. It is not like this person calling in is creating a lie or putting out there something that is not true.

Today, tomorrow or next April you WILL have to pay if you opt out and every year as the tax gets larger, no smaller each year. There is the individual mandate and the Employer Mandate. So they are getting us at both ends.

some highlights that the common man is hurt by....

Dropping the FSA cap from 5k to 2.5k. - this will hit a lot of people hard...
HSA and MSA additional taxes - penalties for spending your money on what you need...
OTC medicines no longer included in FSA, HSA and MSA's
All Benefit plans in the US including an additional 63 dollars so even if you do NOT opt out you are paying more for it.
Those of us who have very nice high end plans will be penalized? How does this make sense...hurt those doing better than others????

and, pre-existing conditions expire in 2017. WTFU people and stop with the Fox news is the devil garbage. The Bill is the devil and it is not helping anyone in any way except making more money for the government, taxing the richest and excluding the poorest(medicaid reform).

edit on 10pm31pmf0000002013-10-19T13:54:16-05:000116 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)
edit on 10pm31pmfu2013-10-19T13:55:15-05:000115 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by imasheep

My son's girlfriend - after receiving a letter saying her WI Badgercare would be discontinued on Jan 31, 2013, desperately went online to try to enroll.

After giving all of her personal info - including SSN and bank account numbers - she was informed that she does not exist. She still receives food stamps - and she is not an illegal alien - born and raised and has lived in the US - she's 26 years old.

I guess she got off lucky.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

matafuchs
This happened on the 10th and did not see anything about it until now. After calling and declining the PPACA coverage this person was sent a bill for 95.00. That is the fine for opting out....

Link

Be careful checking in folks....if you cancel the transaction realize they have your info.
edit on 10pm31pmf0000002013-10-18T14:16:33-05:000233 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

So what happens if you use:

Theo C. Cupier
1600 Pennysylvania Avenue NW
Washington
DC 20500

Are they going to send in the bailiffs or put a lien against the address, the next time it changes owners?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

That was quite humorous...not sure.

If you are on assistance then Obama is getting your check.
If you work then Obama is getting your W-2.

I get your silly point but fact is, if you work, you will have a W-2 and if you file with the IRS then the PPACA folks have your info.

The fact that the one poster said someone did not exist is what concerned me quite a bit though.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Bull#! There is no "opt out". You either complete the application or not. End of story. It is not even required yet to have the insurance. If you idiots are so fekkin' stupid as to believe this crap then you know what, you deserve whatever greed twisted, power hungry, bat# crazy, teahadists you vote into office.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The Obama lovers will just blame it on the Republicans they are so mentally deluded.
I went in work the other day on the 17th and saw one particular lover bouncing up and down shouting Obamacare and Obama loves the people.
Me and the Chef burst out laughing and told her what the health care plan actually means if you cannot afford the extortionate rates for the plans.
Her answer was nothing in America is free unlike my country England....
On a side not this is also a person that has shown a great vile disgusting envy towards me as i make more money than her,not that i go around braggng about it but she's made it her business to know and by a large extent it sums up a mass mentality to me of how the deluded hate anyone but the real culprits who have them brainwashed that the middle class is the enemy.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Oh, I love the "whichever is greater" stipulation (as usual).

So much for helping people. So much for helping people cut costs, even in the face of healthcare. We'll just hit you with, according to law, the most we possibly can.

Those amounts could be enough to convince some people on the fence to sign up for coverage, said Linda Blumberg, senior fellow at The Urban Institute.

"People don't like to throw money away," she said.

So, we're going to hit you as hard as you can to convince you to sign up for it.

What a dandy coercion, government.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

jaguarsky

Bull#! There is no "opt out". You either complete the application or not. End of story. It is not even required yet to have the insurance. If you idiots are so fekkin' stupid as to believe this crap then you know what, you deserve whatever greed twisted, power hungry, bat# crazy, teahadists you vote into office.

Actually, you are very wrong and spreading ignorant statements but that is what got us to this point with the PPACA. It is real simple.

1. Are you employed and have insurance? Then no, there is no opt out for you but your insurance premiums went up at least 60 some dollars based on the PPACA.

2. If you are currently uninsured, you will have to buy insurance or 'opt out'. This is a simple fact.

3. If you opt out, you will have to pay a minimum tax.

This is in the PPACA, not a directive made by FoxTeaNews....

Also, the Tea Party as a whole was against this so the rest of your statement makes no sense either.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I believe perhaps Fox News should do more fact checking. They take a call from some yahoo claiming he received a $95.00 bill and take that as gospel? No wonder people call them faux news.

As others have said, I wasn't able to find this on any other legitimate newsite. Something is fishy and stinks about this entire story.

I believe people need to get educated on this whole thing instead of spouting off lies. As some also pointed out, any fines to opt out would not take effect until 2014 taxes anyway.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

matafuchs

Link

holy christ, they just can't take our money fast enough......anyone dumb enough to call in, and say they don't need the product, won't even hafta wait until tax time to get rammed in the ass...

absolutely beautiful...you can't make this s**t up...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Happy1
WI Badgercare

Badger?

sorry, i had to...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

ChiefD
I believe perhaps Fox News should do more fact checking. They take a call from some yahoo claiming he received a $95.00 bill and take that as gospel? No wonder people call them faux news.

As others have said, I wasn't able to find this on any other legitimate newsite. Something is fishy and stinks about this entire story.
Out of curiosity... do you think "other" LEGITIMATE news sites would report failures by 'dear leader' and the minions?

I believe people need to get educated on this whole thing instead of spouting off lies. As some also pointed out, any fines to opt out would not take effect until 2014 taxes anyway.
And I do thank you for admitting it's a fine. The more people that realize it is a fine for not participating in an unconstitutional program, the more likely people are to wake up and speak out, the better.

One can opt out of medi-care, medi-cal, social security and such, but no means exist to opt out of this. The former 3, if you opt out, you don't pay into and thus can't claim benefits but the latter takes your money come hell or high water and gives you nothing in return... not even a 'r**ch around".

edit on 10/19/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

jaguarsky

Settle down man - and I am only saying this because I care - there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Yes, there is an "opt out"..you can not sign up.....and when you file your taxes, they'll ask you about your insurance, and when you put down that you don't have any, or your insurance doesn't meet their approval, BAM! you get fined...

i'm not entirely sure that you understand how this program is supposed to work..

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join