It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumer billed $95 after calling into ObamaCare exchange

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This happened on the 10th and did not see anything about it until now. After calling and declining the PPACA coverage this person was sent a bill for 95.00. That is the fine for opting out....

Link

Be careful checking in folks....if you cancel the transaction realize they have your info.
edit on 10pm31pmf0000002013-10-18T14:16:33-05:000233 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Haha, wait till the Obama lovers get this in the mail!!!!

How is that "Hope and Change" working out??

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Awesome, where can I call in a complaint and get satisfaction?

Maybe the CFPB will look out for me?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So he got a bill even though nothing was getting processed. There was a little thing called the shutdown going on.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't buy it. The penalty is the higher of $95 or 1% of your income which the IRS will be responsible for collecting so, in theory, they'd tack this on as part of your 2013 filing which would be done in 2014.

the caller is full of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Pretty sure ACA was never shut down as it was mandated, and then classified as an 'essential' item.

You do remember the part where 'essential' jobs remained like the IRS, Congress, President, etc, right?

What you thought Obama was gonna tell us all not to worry about his brainchild with a shutdown going on.....only for the delusional........oh wait, maybe thats why the site has been down, because of the government shutdown...oh wait thats not it either.........

AAANNNNNDDDDDD in a slumping economy teh government does EVERYTHING they can to garner income, unless of course its convenient for them to forgo profitable sources, like say that national park that actually MADE money but was still shut down.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

This is enrollment for 2014....

Link

95.00 per person or 1% of FAMILY income...that is the catch. For 2014, the flat fee is $95 per adult and $47.50 per child, up to $285 per family. Or the penalty could be 1% of family income, if that results in a larger fine. (Income is defined as total income above the filing threshold, which is $10,000 for an individual and $20,000 for a family in 2013.)

Remember, this is supposed to be for low income people by design to allow them to be able to afford it.
edit on 10pm31pmf0000002013-10-18T14:38:55-05:000255 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Or possibly the caller will get hit with the difference come tax time......heres the bill for $95 right now and since you havent filed your taxes yet, we will get the rest of the money later...thank you and goodbye

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

buster2010
So he got a bill even though nothing was getting processed. There was a little thing called the shutdown going on.

The government is never shut down when it comes to trying to collect money.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to call bs on this. I did a search and this only comes up on foxbusiness and every other site just references foxbusiness. I want some more corroborating evidence before I believe this otherwise it looks like another lie that fox news made up.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I'm still thinking of 2012 (tax filing ended Tuesday) thus my 2013 comment.

Thanks for correcting the date.

In other words, the guy wouldn't be penalized until he filed his 2014 return in 2015.

makes the claim even more ludicrous

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
geez MICROSOFT only charges,, 60.00 an Hour...or is it APPLE ?

i assume it was a web generated,, mailback?
where's my money????,,can someone do the STEWIE Griffin,,

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
id call the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
if u can TAX a freeborn man,, for NO SERVICES RENDERED,,, then that man is a Slave or an Ass.
Because an ass will give u ,,nevermind,
apparenttly at 8 Trillian a cheeck,,, thats an expensive,, ASS.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What a bunch of excrement. Seriously, you people live off of drama. There are plenty of reasons to not like the ACA. But seriously the daily story from some obscure person about how they were physically raped while trying to login, is just over the top.

Quit it. You are littering the recent page.

I could start a thread about Obama with a child in his bed and I would have 300 flags and stars before I got sent to the Hoax bin.

You are so damn gullible. Wake up
edit on 18-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Exactly, there is plenty to hate about Obamacare without making stuff up. No other source is reporting this story and it is originating from Fox. We all know how they are a bastion of honesty and integrity (/sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You realize that even if he was not sent a bill and this was a wildly contrived story you will STILL be billed, right? I cannot believe that people are still allowing themselves to think that this is actually a good thing.

I am all for affordable health care but let me explain something real quick. In 2012 there was a box 12dd on your W2. This showed what your employer paid and laid the groundwork for what you should pay. The US government did not even have to ask...they just did it.

Therefore, they are able to show you a plan that is in the ballpark of what you had and at the same time upcharge you a bit. This is not fear or scaremongering it is simply reporting the truth. Fox news is not the devil..
...and it is a fact that if you opt out in 2014 you will be charge that amount. YOU should wake up...

If you do not like threads that show how the government sucks hang out in the 9/11 forums...
This forum is about Political Madness and the fact that a bill was passed promising cheap healthcare and if you choose not to you or cannot afford it and opt out are fined it madness...at the highest level.

No one is signing up so please give me 3 benefits of the PPACA? Just 3....
edit on 10pm31pmf0000002013-10-18T15:08:22-05:000322 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Exactly, there is plenty to hate about Obamacare without making stuff up. No other source is reporting this story and it is originating from Fox. We all know how they are a bastion of honesty and integrity (/sarcasm)

True enough, there is no need to put dog# on this turd.

However, having made innocuous phone calls to a variety of companies with sub-standard software, I am not at all surprised that a charge was made or could be made as a result of an incomplete process. I wasn't thinking that it was intentionally planned but, that is the point. It is the unintentional consequences of bad legislation and its implementation that are always the most destructive. We just have numbskull crapware magnifying the problem now.

Even if the money is returned (assuming it was even taken, granted), that may have been the $95 that was going to buy milk, eggs and bread for the week.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I'm not claiming it isn't possible. I just want a more reliable source than Fox. I mean that is like expecting MSNBC to do a fair and impartial coverage of Obama's immigration bill.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by greencmp

I'm not claiming it isn't possible. I just want a more reliable source than Fox. I mean that is like expecting MSNBC to do a fair and impartial coverage of Obama's immigration bill.

Fair enough, as I said, you have the high ground here simply by being as objective as possible.

Frankly, I just saw it as a chance to make fun of the whole enchilada (including the CFPB) without celebrating the extreme grief that some of the horror stories are revealing.

<<   2  3 >>

join