It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finger foods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ok, I am getting stuck. My boys birthdays are next week ( they were born exactly 5 years and 2 days apart, and I had to beg my midwife to keep them 2 days apart, they almost shared a birthday) and another birthday party to attend this weekend. I need finger foods, kid friendly finger foods. I am usually the one planning all of this a month ago. Well this month I have been preoccupied with national and world events, and spent my spare time on reading and keeping up instead of party planning.

So far I think I am going to make pumpkin fluff dip and caramel apple bites. I will be feeding a large crowd dinner and contributing to dinner for a larger crowd tomorrow night, so inexpensive and easy are both good things. I perused the food and cooking board and didn't see much for finger foods ( I am really hungry now though, lol) , so I thought I would throw it out there and see what fall back goodies that people may have in their collections.

Last year I really pushed it and fed a herd of little boys lentil sausage soup. Surprisingly, it went over pretty well. That was also the party that I learned that whole caramel apples really are not a good idea, so I am scaling them down to little pieces. The boys haven't been very helpful either. I asked what they wanted and my oldest said "I like everything you make" and the youngest shouted "frosting and smarshmallows" at the top of his lungs.

Thanks all!

Here's the recipe for the pumpkin fluff dip.
Can of pumpkin purée
Large tub of whipped topping
Few shakes of pumpkin pie spice

Stir it all together and serve with apple slices, graham crackers or vanilla wafers to dip
Super simple

edit on 18-10-2013 by woodsmom because: Added recipe

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

frosting and smarshmallows

Smores!!
Fried chicken,french fries,fruit and veggie platters,nachos,tacos,chicken wings and ribs
If I get any more ideas I will post them.
edit on 18-10-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Here is a link with some good finger foods for kids.
Kids Finger Food Recipes

I was going to say the "pigs in a blanket" too. It's simple, just Pillsbury Crescent rolls and some small mini sausages.

What about sausage balls? All you need is sausage, cheddar cheese and some Bisquick and a little milk and by little I mean 1tbs or so. You can use water if you don't have milk. I think I have a recipe on here for sausage balls.

Mblah's Sausage Balls
^^^^You don't have to use the herbs. Regular old fashioned sausage balls are just cheese, sausage and Bisquick.

Mini quiches? If they would eat those you could make a regular quiche mixture and add whatever you want to it but instead of a big quiche dish you use muffin pans. You would take Pillsbury Crescent rolls and put one at the bottom of every muffin mold then pour in enough quiche mixture. I am sure i can find a recipe on here for you.....just checked and the link I gave you above has a recipe for spinach quiche ones but you can omit spinach and use another ingredient if you like.

What kinds of finger foods are you looking for? Are these the kinds you're looking for?

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Muddy Buddies for dessert!

Chex Cereal
Peanut Butter
Chocolate
Powdered Sugar

I use half PB and half Nutella.... mmmmmm You can find the recipe on the back of the chex mix boxes

Funny, because I'm at work and we happen to be having a pot luck, and my brother (who I work with) brought his famous muddy buddies. It's like Breaking Bad - but with muddy buddies.

edit on 18-10-2013 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2013 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

CeeRZ
Muddy Buddies for dessert!

Chex Mix
Peanut Butter
Chocolate
Powdered Sugar

I use half PB and half Nutella.... mmmmmm You can find the recipe on the back of the chex mix boxes

Funny, because I'm at work and we happen to be having a pot luck, and my brother (who I work with) brought is famous muddy buddies. It's like Breaking Bad - but with muddy buddies.

DROOOOOL!!

Ok I am making this later. I have all of the above and was figuring out what to do with all the Chex cereal I have lol I have two kinds of Nutella, the original and one from Italy.

Muddy Buddies are DELICIOUS!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oooooo don't use the one from Italy. That is too precious to be put in muddy buddies - as good as they are. Chocolate crack I'm telling you!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I don't know why I didn't think of the s'mores. One last batch before winter hits would be fun! Thank you!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Perfect! Thank you so much!
The sausage balls would be great, I think that's what I'm going to be taking to my friend house tomorrow. I was hoping you would pop up. Thanks mblah!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Mmmm, theses sound great, I even have everything but the cereal already.

Thank you guys so very much for the help brainstorming! I have a tendency to over think things sometimes. It has led to some great meals, but simplicity is in order and these are perfect. I won't even have to convince them it will be good before they try them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Chicken strips,toasted ravioli,cheese sticks and chex mix.
Second line

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ingredients

25 fresh jalapeno peppers
14 -16 ounces cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 (16 ounce) packages bacon

More Finger Food Recipes

Directions:

Cut stems off of peppers and cut them all in half longways.
Remove seeds from peppers.
Fill each pepper with cream cheese and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each pepper half.
Place on baking sheets and place in 450 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
Remove and serve when cooled.
Enjoy!

Foods4betterhealth
edit on 21-10-2013 by wilsongrace1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

CeeRZ

Oooooo don't use the one from Italy. That is too precious to be put in muddy buddies - as good as they are. Chocolate crack I'm telling you!

Oh but they deserve the best!! I actually get it at Big Lots. I love that they have international foods. They have so many good foods from Italy, France and Germany. MMMM.

new topics

top topics

join