It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party...Why are they so Dangerous?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Uh oh Wrabbit2000 is a MOD now....... better be nicer to them ( I assume you are male, but you know how it goes on the Internets)

Congrats

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanks for the info. And while I may be a few fries short of a Happy Meal, I don't see how just a reduction in spending would ever hurt the delicate system. If anything, it would secure this scheme and protect against the potential for inflation.

austerity under a different name,
ask grease if austerity did anything but the opposite of what was promised!

it is the entire system that creates debt as its expansion,
its not the debt amount but how it is generated that is the real problem

ie

if a patient is sick from cancer,
you attack the cancer,
not give meds to the patient so they will stop feeling sad about death

the system is ponzie,
the debt inevitable,

either change the system or forever be in debt and forever have the need to expand deficiet spending,

because if the expansion ever stops the usa would have no money as capital

xploder

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The tea party is narrow minded and shortsighted radical republicans.

GOP on steroids.

It’s an anti-human philosophy that caters to the billionaires and millionaires.

You rarely hear them get angry over the military industrial complex spending or the spending that kills kids with drones, no they worry about a poor woman getting food stamps to feed her kids rather than a bomber that kills a kid

AND YOU ASK WHY PEOPLE DON’T LIKE THEM?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Aren't you basing your premise on a Keynesian economic model?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Willtell

GOP on steroids.

You rarely hear them get angry over the military industrial complex spending or the spending that kills kids with drones, no they worry about a poor woman getting food stamps to feed her kids rather than a bomber that kills a kid

We also eat baby kittens.

Yes.

Baby kittens.

nom.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Willtell

GOP on steroids.

You need some more adjectives in there, i'm not sure how you feel about the Tea Party.

Who is the one killing kids with Drones??? And you are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore from a movement (TP) that still can't really influence National Policy much????

Strange priorities there.

Wonder who you voted for in the last election.

Methinks both Democrats and Mainstream Republicans doth protest too much over the Tea Party. Must be crimping BOTH of their styles. Members of Congress might actually be held to task for their actions and votes, GASP!

Pesky Democracy, getting in the way of Governance.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanks for the info. And while I may be a few fries short of a Happy Meal, I don't see how just a reduction in spending would ever hurt the delicate system. If anything, it would secure this scheme and protect against the potential for inflation.

XPLodER is correct that reducing government spending will damage the economy.

This is because in order for debts to be serviced more debt has to be created... so more people need to borrow. In order to earn to pay on what you've borrowed you have to spend in the hopes of making more... in order to spend... you had to borrow.

I have created exactly $200. You borrow it and owe me $220 on return. You give me the $200. You have to borrow $20. You give me the $20 and you owe me $2. etc etc etc.

The system is designed to be a Catch 22 and make it so that those stuck inside of it have no way out without choosing whether to bite off their arm or bite off their leg. The spider wants you to keep wiggling hoping something will happen to make it all go away... but ultimately it's just waiting to choose when it wants to make the final bite and eat the trapped fly.

He is right that we are "required" to increase the Debt ceiling... and to "stop overspending" will create a deflationary spiral which is its own form of destruction. Though... it won't hurt the common man nearly as much as most people think. It will hurt people who made large bets on this form of a financial system. And they deserve it because they've made an investment in a ponzi-scheme and KNEW it.

However... were we to continue spending down until we've paid off the debt... we'd run out of money to pay off the debt and still have an enormous debt with no "dollars" left to service it much less conduct business with. What do we do then?

Here is what the entire charade did. It raised awareness in the population of the trap we are in without forcing the spider to take a bite... yet.

There was never any real intent to stop the debt ceiling... but to force the conversation into the public awareness of how the system works. We can't do anything about it so long as people continue to believe the government financial methods operate *anything* like a household does. They aren't even in the same game much less the same ballpark.

This entire song and dance was to force conversation about WHY there is even any question about the Debt Ceiling... WHY it *must* be raised... WHY it would be destructive to not raise it... etc.

We are all still trying to believe that all of this is "ultimately ok" or that the people who are doing it truly aren't fundamentally criminal and "really are trying to do the right thing". They aren't. They are the deepest level of criminal that exists on this planet... more than murderers and rapists. I don't mean that jokingly. They have more murder and rape on their hands than any common man could ever dream of accomplishing.

The full horror is barely comprehended by most people because they just can't conceive that there really are people that fundamentally corrupt so as to consider it a good thing to financially enslave the planet and don't really care what harm is caused so long as the harm doesn't result is so much instability that the slaves will catch on.
edit on 18-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Willtell

GOP on steroids.

Please educate yourself before putting your foot firmly in your mouth again.
Thanks,
Quad

www.culturalcognition.net...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

They are only "dangerous" [as though speaking out were soooooo "DANGEROUS!" LOL] to those who hate the USA;
to those who hate patriots;
to those who hate freedom;
to those who hate Christianity;
to those who love tyranny;
to those who are destroying the USA;
to those who worship satan;
to those who love slavery and serfdom;
. . .
. . .

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Tell that to the people of Iceland, they seemed to have given the finger to Banks and are still alive and thriving.

Don't hear much about that in the media........... I wonder why??

Can't have people believe in such nonsense now, can we?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

pavil
Tell that to the people of Iceland, they seemed to have given the finger to Banks and are still alive and thriving.

Don't hear much about that in the media........... I wonder why??

Can't have people believe in such nonsense now, can we?

I love what happened in Iceland. But they still had to decide to bite off an arm or a leg. There were losers... they were just the people who made a bet on a corrupt system. Seems reasonable to me.

However we have to be honest... Iceland is not a critical nation to the system and is not the US, UK, Eurozone, etc. It's easier to leave them be so long as it doesn't spread. If it were to start to spread... you'd see the reaction.

The spider doesn't concern itself with chasing down the gnat that gets free from the web when it has a grasshopper trying to break free it needs to keep tightly bound.

This is not an insult to Iceland... it's a matter of understanding the strategy of what's worth reacting to versus what's worth leaving be when viewed from above.

Were they to acknowledge and go after Iceland... it would lend legitimacy to what happened there. By ignoring it it makes it easy for people to shrug it off as not really being that big of a deal. Making a big deal about how Cyprus bent over and took it though... adds to the fear of the "all encompassing power of the GREAT OZ!!!!"

Right now though it's hard to convince the multitudes employed by companies like Citigroup, etc... to let their companies suffer (and thus their jobs) because their companies were engaged in a fraudulent financial shell game/ponzi scheme.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I Agree.

One of the biggest stories of recent times, yet hardly a peep about it.

Coincidence?

I think not.

I don't think they will be able to keep the lid on. Greece will soon realize that the Medicine prescribed to it is worse than the Disease. Others will follow and then it all starts to unravel.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

/salute good sir/madam!
edit on 18-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think people are afraid of a real fundamental transformation of America.

A step away from Keynesian economics.

A step towards independence.

A step away from government dependence.

The Tea Party is leading this charge and, as a result, has become a target of slander, slurs, insults, etc.

People are afraid of the Tea Party. Big government people.

Good.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

We are not going away. We will continue to fight for more freedoms and less government control.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by XPLodER

Aren't you basing your premise on a Keynesian economic model?

no i am basing my premise on my study of the world economic system and its interplay with national economies.

the usa is part of a much larger system, so it is easy to look at it from a Keynesian point of view on the "national" level but is of little use on the "international scale"

i have studied Keynes economics,

but have found that some of the "policy levers" in his thesis are devoid of reality,
ie
put up interest rates to slow a property boom (this makes the banks more profit and is a perverse incentive to run up a property boom)\

when tightening lending standards would fix the problem and lower interest rates,
but of course this would lower bank profits.

another point is that free market economies are not free when banks can create debt without cost,
there is no incentive for the banks to be responsible, and if they make to many loans interest rates will rise to "control" the lenders but nothing is done to slow down the "lending" ie

putting brakes on the buyers with higher interest suites the banks as they make more clear profit,

they are intentionally avoiding any policy leavers that work because that would impact the banks profit.

this shows to me that kenyism theory is self serving and needlessly complicated to obscure the fact that it a system designed by the banks for plausible deniability

xploder

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

beezzer
I think people are afraid of a real fundamental transformation of America.

A step away from Keynesian economics.

A step towards independence.

A step away from government dependence.

The Tea Party is leading this charge and, as a result, has become a target of slander, slurs, insults, etc.

People are afraid of the Tea Party. Big government people.

Good.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

We are not going away. We will continue to fight for more freedoms and less government control.

maby its time for many new parties,

TEA
OWS

just for starters

maby first we should join up and drive money from politics?

then separate to form individual parties

xploder

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The Tea Party is dangerous since this is what the Obama admin wants you to believe. They thought they got rid of them with the IRS harassment stalling them. But now that has been exposed, they are coming back.

I don't care which party they belong to, I like what they stand for. The constitution and an uncorrupted government. This is why they did so poorly you know. The good guy always finishes last.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I do wish to point out that my response to you is not a disagreement. I've loved being a part of this information campaign that the tea party is the most recent visible face for ever since I broke free of the public mind washing system (public schooling/public university) in the late 90's.

However in order to continue to get people to understand where we are and where we can go... we can't ignore that there is truth in the fact that millions of naively innocent people's livelihoods will be severely affected who work for organizations like Citigroup, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, and the whole rest of the lot interconnected together.

Just telling them "it's what needs to happen" doesn't help much, especially if they don't understand why since "it was fine until you guys starting causing problems". So part of it is acknowledging that we are indeed knee deep in the web and getting out *will require challenges*.

The hardest part will be that those who have been warning for a decade or more have likely positioned themselves to not be as harshly affected by it... and thus will be easily labelled as opportunists who are just using their suffering to profit.

Prudence and preparing for a rainy day are damn near enough to be considered "suspicious" these days.

It's not going to be pretty... and in the course of it all it's trivial for those who got us here from behind the scenes to just disappear and never pay a single price while those who were warning of it will be seen as the cause of it by many. It's clear to us... but it's not clear to those who haven't spent any time thinking about it until now.

Catch 22. Very brilliant. Very evil. Very sticky.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I heard they eat baby rabbits also.

Anyways I suspect we are going to see a stunning reemergence after the Obamaca fiasco comes to a head.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Good, let it collapse then. The last generation kicked the can down to our generation, why the hell should we do the same to the next one? It is going to happen eventually, and the longer it drags out, the worse it's gonna be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join