reply to post by whyamIhere
To answer your question from the title...they are dangerous because they are stupid. Blunt, yes, but it is the truth. They don't understand
economics, they think big numbers are bad and will attempt to burn the whole damn thing down due to their lack of knowledge.
I see a group that has systematically been denied Rights others enjoy.
Which rights have they been denied?
I am posting a link to their Platform website. Name something you disagree with.
Sure, just about everything in their "Platform" I disagree with. Here are the ones I disagree with.
1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes: We are not excessively taxed...no where near it. Plus, if you really listen to the Tea Party, they are mostly concerned
about the Rich not being taxed anymore...and they actually think the very poor who currently don't pay taxes should at least pay something. I
disagree 100% with their mentality on this. Tax the rich who can afford it (that includes corporations), and leave the little guy alone.
2. Eliminate the National Debt: This is just dumb and comes from a complete misunderstanding of modern economics and the World economy. They
repeatedly try to talk about the economy being like a household budget, and it simply is not. What they don't understand is that our Debt gives us
power and allows us to grow...trying to pay off the debt would lose us power and cause us to shrink domestically and globally.
3. Eliminate Deficit Spending: Same as above. If you eliminate deficit spending, we contract our economy. If your economy is not growing, it's
dying...simple as that.
4. Protect Free Markets: There is no such thing as a fair "Free Market". I'm a big proponent of fairness...and to ensure fairness, you need strict
regulations. We never have had true free markets, but in the past when we had much less regulation we abused our environment and our labor force. Do
you really want factories in this country like they have in China? Where people commit suicide on the factory floors?
7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government: They only want this to promote more corporate control over our country. I just philosophically disagree
with them on this point. Some people think of "big government" as a bad word...I don't. And besides, they only want a reduced size of government
for the things they dislike...but they want government directly involved in abortion and marriage...to the point that they want the government to
actually control and define who can and can not be married. This is one topic where they show their true hypocrisy.
8. Believe in the People: People are stupid and need to be governed...enough said.
10. Maintain Local Independence: We are a UNITED country...not a collection of independent local municipalities.
Is that clear enough for you?