It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penumbral Lunar Eclipse..Tonight..!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I was not actually aware there was an eclipse tonight. A shadow will caste across the moon making it dimmer and redder looking than normal. It will be visible or partially visible in Europe, West Asia, Africa, and Eastern North and South America.

A penumbral lunar eclipse is when the moon passes through Earth's shadow - the penumbra is the wider region where only a portion of light source is obscured by the planet.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Penumbral Eclipse begins 18 Oct, 22:53
Maximum Eclipse 19 Oct, 00:50
Penumbral Eclipse ends 19 Oct, 02:48
(GMT)

An animation is available here...
www.timeanddate.com...

We have heavy cloud cover here at the moment. I am hoping it will clear within the next few hours so that I can get a view.

Happy Moon Day

Purp

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So, basically, its going to be a blood moon?
Wait isn't that part of biblical prophecy?
I know there is one about fish dying and stars falling....
oh crap.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thats it,, im painting, my house red. ! lol
well at least the front part,,,so soon after,, first ever thanksgiving and hannaka?? on the same day as well.
wont happen again for 79,000 years,, or someting,,ya the odds ,,,

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The Moon will be only slightly darker, because it only catches the edge of the Earth's shadow. It will be most visible at around 1am UTC (Greenwich time). I think I'll be asleep then

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

A blood moon with ISON hot on her tail.. You never know it could be an interesting event..

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
saw an interview with John Hagee on CNN or Fox , cant remember, but he authored a book about 4 blood moons starting next april 15 2014 and ends september 28 2015 that coincides with bible prophecy. So if anything they'll be 2 next year and 2 the year after. Too bad it won't be a darker red where I live

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ragnarokkr

I think I'll start one those completely off the wall hypothetical threads.

What would you do if the moon really turned red because of real blood?
And it was the same blood type as yours ?

SnF OP Thanks for the heads up !
edit on 18-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
HAHA! Not sure, but it would be a sight. I guess take some crappy pics from me camera where the moon would be just a small red dot.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Make a demonic pact and become a vampire, then spread my bloodline across a small section of the globe before beginning a war against humanity.
Obviously.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Ragnarokkr
saw an interview with John Hagee on CNN or Fox , cant remember, but he authored a book about 4 blood moons starting next april 15 2014 and ends september 28 2015 that coincides with bible prophecy. So if anything they'll be 2 next year and 2 the year after. Too bad it won't be a darker red where I live

Not exactly the first person I would turn to for advice on astrophysics and astronomy...
I'm going outside in a few to see...

Have a good weekend, all.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Dagnabbit!!, I just took down and boxed up and stored my telescope and camera mounts yesterday!.

Dangit....Oh well, I'll just store the imagery the old way....

In my head....

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
Dagnabbit!!, I just took down and boxed up and stored my telescope and camera mounts yesterday!.

Dangit....Oh well, I'll just store the imagery the old way....

In my head....

With ISON coming in for what could be a great show soon, you put your gear away? I'm just now getting mine out.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Agreed, but I saw the interview the other day and the thread jogged my memory.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by randyvs

Make a demonic pact and become a vampire, then spread my bloodline across a small section of the globe before beginning a war against humanity.
Obviously.

I'll be dipped. That's not bad thorn.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Ragnarokkr
reply to post by the owlbear

Agreed, but I saw the interview the other day and the thread jogged my memory.

Yeah...I wasn't trying to bust your gonads...
All is good!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Ragnarokkr

I think I'll start one those completely off the wall hypothetical threads.

What would you do if the moon really turned red because of real blood?
And it was the same blood type as yours ?

SnF OP Thanks for the heads up !
edit on 18-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I would try to find a straw that would reach the moon...I'm ab+ that plasma would be liquid gold.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The next blood red moon (total lunar eclipse) will be in April 2014, visible mostly from the Americas: en.wikipedia.org...

Sept 2015 is again the total eclipse, visible over Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Americas: en.wikipedia.org...

You can find the rest here: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is quite possibly one of the best color image of the Moon out there. I know a version has been floating around the net without source credit but I've identified the source now. He's a hardcore amateur from UK and not connected to NASA. He's still active on twitter and flickr, so he's real and the image is real. Such stunning detail was accomplished via 170 frame mosaic using high power telescope to capture one section of the Moon at a time. Enjoy.

Original description
"The best 24 frames from each of the 170 x 300 frame AVI's stacked in registax 3 and put together with Imearge. Taken using an extended 2x Barlow and the toucam through my Sky watcher 250px."

secure.flickr.com...

top topics

join