It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actually, Obama 'Manufactured' the Crisis ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Actually, Obama 'Manufactured' the Crisis

The author of this story is saying it was all planned.

Looking back, it seems possible - knowing the track record of the current Administration.

They usually cast blame on the opposition when all else fails. They seem more hell-bent on jealousy and vengeance, and often engage in grudge holding.

by Joel B. Pollak
The White House and its press corps have come to a consensus that the recent shutdown/debt limit debate was a "manufactured crisis"--the implication being that it was manufactured by Republicans.

That is untrue--first because President Barack Obama and the Democrats could easily have averted a crisis if they had been willing to compromise, and second because forcing such confrontations has been their strategy since 2011.

The debt limit was not a priority for the Tea Party until the Democrats made it one. In the 2010 elections, the subject almost never came up. There was certainly no plan to shut down the government if the Republicans did not get their way. Rather, interest in these confrontations came from the Democrats and the Obama administration, who saw the 1995-6 crises as models for how to defeat congressional Republicans.

Actually, Obama 'Manufactured' the Crisis

The House dropped the PPACA thing early on, and offered many bills that would have ended the shutdown.

The Senate never considered most, only a select few.

Hmmm.

So *WHO* was more guilty and *WHO* did the most economic damage ?
U.S. House bills from Late September - Oct 16

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

xuenchen

[view from Canada]
The citizens of the USofA for allowing the republic to slip away from the people into the hands of greedy corporate interests and by electing politicians into both parties who are more than willing to grease the rails for those same corporations.

You all collectively have no-one to blame but yourselves.
[/view from Canada]

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes, like when Nancy baloney said "there are simply no more cuts to make" with an accompanying shrug and look of disbelief. It is that kind of obvious disdain for truth that solidifies my belief that government simply must be dressed down.

If I want to see a pointless fight that I have to pay for, I will watch pay per view.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Isn't EVERYTHING coming out of the District of Criminals "MANUFACTURED"?

Everything they do is designed to make the populous react. As we react, they analyze our reaction and behavior. Then based on that, they design new "scripts and new forms of propaganda" in which they use so that they continue the fraud of governing!

To my Canadian friend, yes, we the people ARE to blame for allowing this to happen. But when those of us who can see it speak up, we are called many names. *Terrorists, Anti government, etc etc.....

The blame game is alive and well in this so called "two party system". Is it any wonder we are so freakin screwed???

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" is our political left-right mantra down here. Yes, we've absolutely dropped the ball.

I'm not up on Canadian politics but isn't Harper trying to do much of the same corporate shillery?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

masqua

xuenchen

[view from Canada]
The citizens of the USofA for allowing the republic to slip away from the people into the hands of greedy corporate interests and by electing politicians into both parties who are more than willing to grease the rails for those same corporations.

You all collectively have no-one to blame but yourselves.
[/view from Canada]

*Collectively* Yes.

*Individually* NO.

About half the population does not want this.

And unfortunately, most who know can't do much about it.

And the ones who *seem* to support it don't understand the consequences.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Bassago
I'm not up on Canadian politics but isn't Harper trying to do much of the same corporate shillery?

Yup and more. It doesn't matter if it's a Rep or a Dem in the WH. He'll place his lips firmly on the butt of whoever the Prez is. He should be shot.
edit on 18-10-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is part of the Yin where folks are going to "wake up" and look at their reliance on "patriarchal crap" Think: Gov't./®eligion™/Military You know the things the Mayan have carved for Us to find. It wasn't a "death" but the "Beginning of a New Era" It just takes a bit loooonger for some Folks to see. Once they start thinking of One thing and another pops up they will then realize that is futile and regain the power they've given up prior. This is ALL part of the 'death' of Yang and the rebirth of Yin.

The more info, the better. Once they realize it doesn't matter the party/sex/color of their "neighbor" it is their neighbor who is also getting screwed then they will "bond together"

The only constant is change.

namaste

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's amazing how they didn't have money to run things but spent a great deal of money on signs, posters, placards, barricades and round-the-clock guards to keep people from entering "government" areas that usually go unguarded.

It must have taken months to arrange all of the equipment and people to make such a big show of shutting down the government.

Of course. they only shut down things that affect the citizens.
Not a single politician missed a meal, cocktail or tee-time.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

He is doing exactly that, but I personally don't give him much of a chance past the next election. That's a non-biased opinion, btw... it seems the Conservative Party is being split within itself and in danger of becoming much like the Republican Party in that the Far Right just can't abide the Right Center any longer. The rot is starting to develop from within here too.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Keep trying, but it isn't working.

Anyone with eyes, ears and a brain can plainly see that the Tea Party Republicans manufactured this crisis in an attempt to get their way...and they failed.

They even admitted that they failed and that it was a "good try".

But yeah, keep trying.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Keep trying, but it isn't working.

Anyone with eyes, ears and a brain can plainly see that the Tea Party Republicans manufactured this crisis in an attempt to get their way...and they failed.

They even admitted that they failed and that it was a "good try".

But yeah, keep trying.

Masqua!!!! There is the perfect example of why us Americans can't do anything to change what is happening in our country!

The BLAME GAME!!!

Need I say more?

Proof the "Divide and Conquer" actually works!
edit on 18-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Actually, Obama 'Manufactured' the Crisis ?
In times of troubles ,chaos cannot be defined as guilt of one person,but can be taken as collective guilt,only that will bring more chaos.

Because of the lack of solutions,everyone will blame everyone,until the solution will be found,if any viable one.

Which actually exists.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The republicans did. They caused in their attempt to keep Obama from accomplishing anything. It's really obvious. They have obstructed everything he has tried to do and when he got the ACA through they have just been batshoot crazy. People are smarter than you give them credit for. At least 70% are anyway, according to the polls.

Edit: if it was obamas plan then why didn't the house just pass a clean bill and stop him?
edit on Fri October 18th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

In everything, including politics, the least problematic place to be is in the middle. Moderation is the key and has the widest appeal to the population. There is no peace in divisiveness and that is what we are seeing today when politics is so radically divergent that it creates two separate camps who cannot abide each other.

As long as the divide is like night and day, nothing gets done by either political parties because whatever one attempts to build, the other will try to destroy. That's not progress... that is a stalemate. It's like the final game of the World Series where no pitcher fails to deliver strikes and the 1,005th inning is just starting.
edit on 18/10/13 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The republicans did. They caused in their attempt to keep Obama from accomplishing anything. It's really obvious. They have obstructed everything he has tried to do and when he got the ACA through they have just been batshoot crazy. People are smarter than you give them credit for. At least 70% are anyway, according to the polls.

You do realize that the only reason the MSM and gubment uses polls is to make those whom lack their own critical thinking skills, to be guided into thinking one way or the other don't you???

I hardly think that 800 peoples opinions actually represent the actual beliefs of everyone in this country combined.

Let me include a video as to the mentality of some of these people whom are polled!

Ever hear the saying, "Here's your sign!"?

Well, "Here's your poll!".

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anyone with eyes, ears and a half a brain can see that Obama has no responsibility as POTUS... Everything that has gone wrong under his watch is somehow the republicans fault, but if it's something good (nothing comes to mind at the moment) He gets all the praise.

For all the people who think Obama rules with "intention" to do good things, please feel free to show the evidence of all these do good policies Obama has gotten blocked because of the GOP. No matter how many dems are in the house, senate and even POTUS it will always somehow be the repubs fault!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Masqua!!!! There is the perfect example of why us Americans can't do anything to change what is happening in our country!

The BLAME GAME!!!

Curious that you are blaming me for "the blame game" when the entire premise of this thread is attempting to blame Obama.

But you didn't seem to have a problem with that, huh? This thread isn't a perfect example, apparently because it is blaming Obama....but I am the perfect example because I am pointing out common sense.

LOL!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Of course its republicans.. no matter whatever happens to the country, even to point its crashes and burn, as long as they they can "prove Obama wrong" they will do it. Of course you have the GOP followers following like good little sheep behind them, regurgitating everything they say.

I heard some are still working on the Birth certificate issue. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Curious that you are blaming me for "the blame game" when the entire premise of this thread is attempting to blame Obama.

But you didn't seem to have a problem with that, huh? This thread isn't a perfect example, apparently because it is blaming Obama....but I am the perfect example because I am pointing out common sense.

Funny that you bring up "common sense"!

I at least have enough to realize that to pick a side and constantly blame the other is quite possibly the reason my country is wallowing in the gutter at this point.

I will not retract my example using your one sided team mentality! I am sorry that I used you for an example, but it applies to anyone whom is blind enough to put all of the blame for our countries current predicament on only one party, when the facts show that BOTH parties have been in control at certain points and YET, we still have a disaster looming over our heads.

If it makes you feel better then by all means, keep up the blame game, after all I am sure blaming others for all of your worldly problems, while not accepting any responsibility whatsoever, will take us all to Utopia......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join