It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently Someone Doesn't Give a Care About the Victims...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Apparently someone doesn't give an F about the Boston Bombing victims anymore...

In April he said:
"It makes me feel wonderful that people that are thinking like that, but it is my boat. People lost lives and lost limbs. I'd rather that (the money) go to the One Fund Boston. To buy me a new boat is a wonderful thing, I don't want that really. I would wish that they donate it to the One Fund Boston. They lost limbs. I lost a boat," he said.
Source

Recently It Was Revealed:
Man Who Found Boston Marathon Bomber Gets New Boat
"We just recently, two weeks ago, got a used boat," Henneberry told ABCNews.com. "We did accept [the $50,000 raised] and we did also request that anything over that went to the One Fund. It just seemed right to do."
Source

This hypocrite really enrages me; he seems to be a completely worthless human being.

If anyone should have paid for a new boat it should be the government who attempted to set the boat on fire and riddled it with countless bullets in a "gun fight" with an unarmed man.

The only thing Tsarnaev should have to pay him is a cleaning bill for the blood that made his boat dirty.
I hope this Henneberry's new boat is lost at sea with him at the helm.

I am offended by Henneberry's hypocrisy -- when the cameras are on him and he's the center of attention the boat owner says I don't need the money, give it all to the victims; when the cameras leave he takes the money and essentially says F the victims they can have the scraps after I spend $50,000

The hypocrite Henneberry epitomizes today's media culture where keeping your word and being held accountable are not at all important; this douche-bag will not get called out for his hypocrisy and everyone will just pretend that he never said those things in April.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What's your problem? People raised money specifically for him to replace his boat. That's it plain and simple. Nobody took anything away from the victims of the bombing, this was something totally seperate.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I guess he changed his mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

NickDC202
...If anyone should have paid for a new boat it should be the government who attempted to set the boat on fire and riddled it with countless bullets in a "gun fight" with an unarmed man...

Agreed 100%

The only thing Tsarnaev should have to pay him is a cleaning bill for the blood that made his boat dirty.

But - even that blood was washed away with the bullets and confiscation.
Maybe Tsarnaev should pay him for a brief safe harbor...
I do not see a further responsibility to the boat owner.
Unless, of course, we find the pain, suffering and emotional trauma ensuing from the ordeal (stress, nightmares, fear of walking in the backyard or looking under tarps, etc...) to have been worth millions.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have to agree regardless of who raised money for what.
He went back on his word.
I find it hard to believe he lost his boat over a couple of bullet holes.
I've seen ships nearly blown in half that were patched back together.
FTR - I don' buy any of the boston bombing story, I really don't care what people think of me for that either.
When the government is holding drills in the same place and time as a "Real" event happens the OS is BS to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

JIMC5499
What's your problem? People raised money specifically for him to replace his boat. That's it plain and simple. Nobody took anything away from the victims of the bombing, this was something totally seperate.

Actually, he took something away from the victims-- about $50,000.
It was NOT totally separate-- when the spotlight was on the boat owner he said he would NOT accept any donations but instead donate them to the victims of the bombing.
HE LIED.
He's a douche-bag hypocrite.

I cite and quote in the OP for a reason... please read the entire OP prior to posting inaccurate drivel. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

WanDash

NickDC202
...If anyone should have paid for a new boat it should be the government who attempted to set the boat on fire and riddled it with countless bullets in a "gun fight" with an unarmed man...

Agreed 100%

But - even that blood was washed away with the bullets and confiscation.
Maybe Tsarnaev should pay him for a brief safe harbor...
I do not see a further responsibility to the boat owner.
Unless, of course, we find the pain, suffering and emotional trauma ensuing from the ordeal (stress, nightmares, fear of walking in the backyard or looking under tarps, etc...) to have been worth millions.

Hi @WanDash :-) Hope you are well!

What it comes down to is that the boat owner said this:
"I'd rather that (the money) go to the One Fund Boston. To buy me a new boat is a wonderful thing, I don't want that really. I would wish that they donate it to the One Fund Boston. They lost limbs. I lost a boat,"

It made all the front pages and the boat owner was lauded for being such a great guy.
When the cameras are away, he says F the victims and F my promise to donate the money to the victims; I want a new boat.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
From the looks of that boat, it had'nt seen water in quite awhile. He made out like a bandit. New boat and all.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I don't see the issue here. The fallacy of "its for the children" or some other appeal to emotion is just dumb. His boat was ruined through no fault of his own.

But the thread title....its a lie. No where does he show disconcern for anyone.

[snipped]
edit on 10/18/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed offending content.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

NickDC202

JIMC5499

Actually, he took something away from the victims-- about $50,000.
It was NOT totally separate-- when the spotlight was on the boat owner he said he would NOT accept any donations but instead donate them to the victims of the bombing.
HE LIED.
He's a douche-bag hypocrite.

I cite and quote in the OP for a reason... please read the entire OP prior to posting inaccurate drivel. Thank you.

Perhaps, with your strong feelings on the issue, you should set up a fund to replace the money you think was stolen from the victims. Perhaps you show of great concern in this forum would demand that you act to replace the money, or risk being a hypocrite yourself. I can only assume that your display of large font, caps lock, and bold font is a display of extreme emotion (since those actions typially are a display of only the most extreme feelings on a subject to the average, sane person).

Or you can say, "F the victims, I only want to rant and rave about it until the attention is off me....then Ill forget all about it".

See what I did there???

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
With many, many photos of the event and its crowd, it's sad - and revealing - that not even 1 surfaced placing Lingzi Lu, the 23yo Chinese national grad student allegedly killed in the 'blast'.

Have got to wonder what really happened to Lingzi - is she secretly alive, or not even American yet victim of organized American terror?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

**ATTENTION**

Please remain on topic.

Discuss the topic, not each other. Further violations may result in posting bans.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

top topics

join