It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass UFO Sightings of the Past

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Are We Blind to the writing on the wall?

One of the most common complaints among the UFO/Alien skeptics and naysayers is a lack of concrete evidence. We all have heard, or may have uttered the phrase, “If Aliens came all this way, why don’t they show themselves to us? En masse, so that it is undeniable proof that “They” are among us?”

But… Haven’t ‘They’?

The White House UFO Incident

On July 29, 1952, the skies above the White House in Washington D.C. were alight with dozens of strange lights in the sky. Dozens of reports along the eastern coast started pouring in. Several strange lights were seen moving in the sky, heading for Washington D.C.! In response, the INS (international news service) reported that the USAF was ordered to shoot down all ‘flying saucers’. The UFO’s were confirmed by radar, and jets, scrambled to intercept them.
Two press conferences needed to be called to quell the questions and panic. So the debunk operation began. It was headed by the same USAF director of operations that had been put in charge of debunking Roswell, in 1947, Roger Ramey. He, along with Gen. John Samford, USAF chief of intelligence, were considered experts in UFOs due to their involvement with Roswell.

For more information on this case click here.

Italian Stadium UFO Incident

It was October, 27, 1954, and the Satdio Artemio Franchi is packed with 10,000 people to watch a rival game between Fiorentina and Pistoiese. Players and spectators, thousands of people, witnessed two UFOs moving at incredible speeds in the sky, simply stop on a dime, and hovered over the field. The stadium was silent with awe, as everyone stared, transfixed by the sight in the sky.

If you would like to read an interesting article BBC did with witnesses - click here.

Westfall UFO Encounter

On April 6, 1966 in Melbourne, Australia, more than 200 students and teachers witnessed a UFO that descended into a field now known as ‘The Grange’, which is now a nature preserve. Dozens of students and teachers watched in fascination. After several minutes, the UFO then ascended to take off to the north west towards Clayton South, a suburb of Victoria.

For more information on this mass sighting click link.

The Hudson Valley Incident

The V shaped lights that were seen along the Hudson Valley, New York between the years of 1983 – 1985, garnered more than 5,000 different reported sightings! On one particular night in March of 1983, more than 300 residents called a UFO hotline to report seeing a large V-shaped UFO hovering in a single spot for several minutes. It was reported that the UFO was so large, that it was the size of a small city! The V-shaped UFO was reported to be alight with several different colored lights of various blinking colors. Witness claim, however, that they knew they were not looking at any conventional aircraft – because it was stationary, hovering in the sky.

If you would like more information about this case, you can visit this link here.

Ariel School Incident

In a private elementary school in Ruwa, Africa, on September 16, 1994, 62 children witness three silver balls in the sky over the school. They were zipping about the sky and appearing in different places. Then, one of the silver orbs, landed/hovered over an area the children were not permitted to play.
They then witnessed a creature getting out of the vehicle and observing them. The children all became scared and then made a beeline - running back to the school for a teacher. The entire story has garnered much attention, including that of famous psychologist researcher of alien abductions, John Mack.

If you would like to read more about this encounter and don't have time or the capability to watch the video - you can find more information here.

The Phoenix Lights

On March 13, 1997, in Phoenix, Arizona, thousand looked to the skies and witnessed a strange sight. A V-Shaped UFO, much like that reported along the Hudson Valley in New York, hovered in the sky!
The call board at the local police departments in Phoenix, Glendale, and Tempe were jammed with call from residents, witnessing the event.

For more information on this click here.

So as you can see, UFO and whatever occupies the intelligently maneuvering anomalies, HAVE shown the world regularly, that they do, indeed exist. So why don’t they reach out in a public way? Why, oh why, are the non-human intelligences not reaching out to us?

Is it the world’s mentality? Our behavior?

What do people expect from ‘them’? Salvation? Technology? Advancement? Do we wish to steal them blind in our own interests? Can you imagine those who would? I can.

They are not beholden to us. However, we wish, no we yearn, collectively for them to take us by the hand and show us the way. Why? Why SHOULD they?

CirqueDeTruth

edit on 18-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction

edit on 18-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added pic

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Don't forget, possibly the largest mass-sighting in history over the world's largest city. Mexico City, July 11th, 1991 during a solar eclipse filmed from multiple locations and seen by millions:

Skeptics claim that this is Venus. I would agree, if Venus was flat.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Nice thread Cirque .

But...

We all have heard, or may have uttered the phrase, “If Aliens came all this way, why don’t they show themselves to us? En masse, so that is it undeniable proof that “They” are among us?”
But… Haven’t ‘They’?

As interesting as the cases highlighted are none of them are proof yet alone undeniable proof of anything from outside of our planet coming to say Hi , I wish they were or at least one of them was (Perhaps Tehran 1976) but other than some being unidentified that's as far as we can go .

I'm starting to feel that perhaps absence of evidence is evidence of absence in this subject and whilst we're not alone in the Galaxy we are alone on this planet .
I hope one day to be proven wrong

edit on 18-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Great addition! Mexico City is an interesting case.

I certainly do not believe that the object is Venus!

:thumbs up:

CdT

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks Gortex.

There is the whole inter-dimensional factor to work in there to, I think. It's plausible that there is a lot more going on all around us. They don't have to come from across the vast distance of space, imo. They simply may be able to manifest for short periods of time, where our known senses can perceive them.

*Ques creepy X-File music*

ETA - What would constitute proof? How can we not accept some form of non-human intelligence is not trying to communicate with us? Regardless of origen. Since eyewitness accounts, radar, trace evidence such as radiation, abduction including physical evidence... what more do we want?

To come down here right? But, obviously they are not willing to come out of the shadows are they? Many abduction experiences I've read about - is their abductors putting them in various scenarios to watch how we react. Could these random victims, be the gauge they use in deciding if humanity is ready to join a larger cosmic community?

CdT
edit on 18-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: our not are

edit on 18-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nice compilation of cases. I also like this one:

On February 4, 1968, from approximately 7:20 to 7:25 P.M., about two hundred residents of Redlands, California, either saw or heard what was apparently the same huge, low-flying, disk-shaped object as it passed overhead. The object apparently came down just west of Columbia Street and north of Colton Avenue, then proceeded slowly in a northwestern direction for about a mile or less, at an altitude of about 300 feet. Coming to a stop, it hovered briefly, jerked forward, hovered again, then shot straight up with a burst of speed. (Total time of the sighting must have been less than five minutes).

link

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Good thread Cirque. I feel for you though as some of the crowd here are skeptic to the bone. I agree that there are many great mass sightings from days gone by. Stephenville comes to mind as well. Not to mention the whole shutting down of missile silos. Like that was the Russians or something. There's a reaally good case from Poland or some other Czech country in a village where disks landed in a city park and mingled with villagers and what not before leaving. Fascinating case that was. can't recall the specifics. The African school children case is stellar too. Hearing their testimonials gives me the creeps as one of them also said. The Istanbul/ Turkey disk is a good one too. And I have seen the ship mast explanation for that one and am not convinced it explains all the footage that was captured, especially the occupants clip.
The giant walnut shaped ufo from the Japanese Alaska case was another good one. The list goes on. True the skeptics can go on all they want about proof of any one case but they can not ignore the bank of thousands and thousands of cases that create patterns of truth that indicate something other worldly is up.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Double post. Apologies
edit on 18-10-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Greetings Cirque.

I would add Fátima sightings of 1917.

Here (Its Wiki but you get the picture and Google is your friend):

en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There were thousands(tens of) of witnesses from all walks of life.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

On the subject of mass sightings, there are numerous reports from all over the globe of various things seen. Whilst they are extremely interesting and point to something, the connection between these events and extra-terrestrials still cannot be validated.

On that token, the door is still very much open as to where some of these crafts are coming from and who exactly is flying them.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing these. When people say there is no proof they are intelligence from "out there" I say there is no proof they are not. What reason would there be to keep a plausible explanation secret if there were one? There wouldn't. Too many researchers of declassified documents reveal they were labeled "unexplained" to the people with the power to know.

I also like crop circles - in fact I wish there were more updates of those on here. I would do it myself but I prefer just chatting about them - don't have any good theories except my one sided idea that they are created by something otherworldly.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
c'mon people these are clearly weather balloons and the people reporting them have just never seen these types of technology up close, just like the air force pilots from Roswell...oh and if they are not balloons they are birds and if they are not birds it was superman!!.....hehe couldn't help myself there....

I firmly believe that most sceptics just cannot and will not accept that life could exist elsewhere, especially advanced life..... I remember years ago when I was living in Sydney I had friends over and a girl that was with us came running inside screaming aliens out the front,so naturally we all ran out to spot these 2 large orange orbs just hovering by.... they were huge and all that day these objects were being reported on the local news,they even had a trajectory path for them where hundreds of people had been reporting them across the suburb's,and then that was the last we ever heard of it them.....

nice thread OP there's definitely something out there,just way to many reports for this to all be imagination....who knows we may one day get disclosure

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

On April 6, 1966 in Melbourne, Australia, more than 200 students and teachers witnessed a UFO that descended into a field now known as ‘The Grange’, which is now a nature preserve. Dozens of students and teachers watched in fascination. After several minutes, the UFO then ascended to take off to the north west towards Clayton South, a suburb of Victoria.

I think you will find that no teachers witnessed this event. Also not all the children who were in the play ground claim to have seen a UFO land which make you wounder if the ones who did where lying. Also of the ones who did claim to have seen anything they all came up with different stories of what happened. Some said there was one ship , others said there were two ships, others said that an alien came out and the descriptions of the aliens were very different.

I think the Melbourne school incident suffered from to many people only hearing what they wanted to hear regarding the children's stories. Believers blindly made up excuses why all the accounts were different. Other 'researchers' just sat them in groups and practically told the children what happened step by step and just asked them to agree. All the questions were leading questions.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I think its been demonstrated before that the lights in this picture are just lens flares of the lights at the bottom of the image.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ufos are real im convinced of that. Im not however convinced with many explanations to their origin. Now convince me Circle de truth.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I think you'll find that, with all due respect, you are wrong and the event was indeed witnessed by teachers. At least one for sure and I've heard that another got pictures of it.

Additionally, 4 days before the event this object was captured on camera:

Information in regards to it can be found here. Some have alleged hoax but I beg to differ and offer this as food for thought, the witness who took the picture described it as being " 20 feet to 25 feet in diameter". The witnesses of the actual Westall incident 4 days later described it as being the size of "two family cars", while others said it be around 30 feet in diameter, that's a pretty close estimation compared to the photo takers statement.

Whatever happened at Westall was a very unusual incident indeed.

edit on 19-10-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Your right, it seems one news paper has reported one teacher saw it , im looking into any other reports or interview with this teacher.

The strangest thing about this incident is how different the childrens reports were. Some said there were 2 ships and they landed while others said it was just one that came low.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You know what ? disregard anything i have said , i got confused with another incident entirely

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

That is an image of the Nazi bell "UFO", developed by the Nazi's, and then subsequently brought to the U.S. and test-flown as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and addition of cases. Fatima is also an excellent case! I would have never thought of that mass sightings case! I'm still trying to track down all of Sparrow tails contributions. I'm interested in the Czech on as that is homeland to part of my heritage.

In response to who is operating the UFO and from where...

Of course, many may have already gotten the feel that I'm more in the ED camp. I'm not saying that there aren't ET. I do figure the Universe is teeming with life. I just think our own little biosphere may harbor more non-human intelligences too. An unseen' unperceived reality that escapes our mundane perceptions. So, while I accept ET may be zooming the cosmos - I think what we are experiencing here on Earth - may be inter-dimensional or ultra terrestrial. In that they have always been around - watching. For whatever reason, these UFOs seem to have an interest in our world, as though they have some lay to claim on it to. What reasons would they have to stalk and switch off nuclear silos and test launches? If they had a different home to go back to. Perhaps Earth IS their home to.

CdT

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join