It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happiness is control (Law of Attraction, success, etc), another way to stay happy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Please read before commenting....

anger sadness hatred and all emotions of disappointment happens because we didn't get the control that we desire when we get what we want we experience happiness. peace comes from surrendering, but most want happiness control success.

if we see everything that happens as something we chose then we can keep the feeling of power and happiness.

the research on happiness shows that happiest people in the countries, are the one that felt like they have the most control in life choises

Study:
www.cnn.com...
edit on 18-10-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Are you happy now? I agree Northern Europe is a nice place!

and to sweeten the pot a mite; a S&F for your efforts

edit on 18-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

yes but to be honest I already felt mostly at peace because even if something went "bad" I always remember to breathe and relax (calm down).

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is true, that a sense of power or control stimulates happiness.

This is one of the reasons being introspective, or "spiritual" can be of benefit- instead of focusing on exterior events and people, it is easier to gain sense of control of ones internal, subjective reality.

Some people are very good at gaining control of exterior events though, and find that almost easier!
My husband is one of those- I like to jokingly call him a control freak, but the fact of the matter is somehow everyone he meets wants him to take the wheel, lead the way, or order for everyone at the table.
It never comes across as forceful... I guess it is charisma.

On the other hand, his internal world is something he experiences a pretty mysterious and magical, and beyond his comprehension, much less control.

It might be just a matter of what one has better developed through their life experiences.

In our case, me being completely the opposite, we compliment each other.

But I find it very interesting how different he is. He says often that it is people who "think too much" that make themselves depressed and neurotic. Being a thinker, i sometimes feel quite defensive then... except that I have known some who fit that description. But I have also known people who stress themselves out, end up with high blood pressure and burn out because they are trying so hard to get that control of things exterior.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Have you ever felt the adrenalin rush from an event that could result in physical or emotional trauma; perhaps life threatening?

Being completely out of control and at the mercy of factors completely out of your control?

I have..".happy" doesn't describe the feeling. " Orgasmic ecstasy" comes close however.

How does this fit into the theory ??
edit on 18-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Yes, and the only way to make it feel a bit better is to say "at a deep level this is something I chose and i know itll be ok things are always changing"

Even if you panic and feel fear this will help you gain some peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That peace you speak of, trying to disengage ego into the outcome is partly what true happiness is. It isn't a drug you chase down in pursuits here, but a state of being in awakening and knowing who you are. You're happy, with an inner core of peace and faith and awareness of your own state, that you will progress and you're here for a reason waiting for something and to help. This has nothing to do with surface levels of storms, that blow over quickly, or disappointments. Though more and more this can change to become far more even keeled in your own life, but you're always connected to others, so finding ways to help in the right way, for others to connect within and gain that foundation.

Bliss and joy running through you, is more temporal at best and sometimes the veil lifts and you experience this, but here its not a state of being, and as long as we are continually growing, and interacting or trying to help in other ways at other times, future to our souls, we won't always have each moment bliss filled. Who could do that?

Its a foundation of peace. Neutrality is used in other ways, but the way I use it, is adjusting to outcomes that you didn't long for, and making lemonaid out of the lemons.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So do you think there is some correlation between the founding principal of "The right to the pursuit of happiness" and the U.S. effort to control other nations through finance and power politics?

top topics

join