It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of dead body falling from ceiling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Ok. I'm not sure about this one. My buddy sent me this last night and it's super creepy. Apparently it's been going around the web for awhile but I have never seen it until now. Yes, I did a search on ATS and couldn't find another post discussing the photo, so if there is, apologies. I've tried to find out the story around this photo and came up with nothing much. The only thing that keeps popping up is the caption:

"This is the first picture taken in the Cooper's new Texas house, as it was taken a dead body fell from the ceiling"

This alone makes me suspicious. Also the fact that there is no debris anywhere in the photo. If something is falling through the ceiling, there would be quite a mess, right?

Could it be a possible apparition making itself known? I'm leaning towards fake, but I would still like to know what the story is behind this photo. Fake or not, it gave me goosebumps when I looked at it last night. Could be my new avatar.

What say you?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My father took a picture once years ago (when you had to advance the film yourself) where his hand showed up disembodied in an otherwise normal family photo. He just hadn't clicked the film all the way ahead and it double exposed.

Although THAT THERE would be one helluva double exposure. The trouble with all photos as 'evidence' of something is, there's so many ways to fake or otherwise play with photographs; in the end, they're never evidential of anything. I've had my own experiences that were most definitely evidential of life after death but unfortunately in the telling they simply become anecdotal.

Your pic, I have no idea. Great Halloween shot, though. Criminy.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This shows photoshop is a wonderful yet cursed thing, you can pretty much add ANYTHING to a photo and claim anything LOL

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

A very creepy photograph indeed, if it is real. I have never seen it before. And I have no way to analyze it at the moment, being that I'm on my cell. If real, it would have to be an apparition, the family doesn't seem to notice at
at all. You would think they would, at least, quick before the photo is snapped, give a glancing eye. Giving the length
of the body. And as you stated no debris. I'm assuming, there's no more information with the image, stating the roof fell in. I'm sure, someone here can pull the image to check and see if PhotoShop was used. Or other editing software. Cool image nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I don't normally look at these, but the title drew me in. I am no expert on any level.
The title itself may be a bit misleading, we don't know the body if that's what it is is actually falling from the ceiling as we can't see the ceiling (at least not in your picture). Neither by default can we tell if the image or what is represented by it is "dead"
The "head" seems to be in fromt of the middle candle if you zoom in, yet the right arm seems to be behind the right hand candle.
Interesting also on the same arm, the image seems to be wearing four rings on the hand. The same arm is the only part of the body to be illuminated by the picture, cutting off to darkness around the shoulder, yet trace a straight line up and down from the top of the shoulder and the area of torso and head are still blackened.
Not sure, leaning towards fake, wait for the experts.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

Thanks for the comment and analysis. I didn't mean to be misleading with the title. I titled the post that way because that's the only description I can find of this photograph.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

well you know its easy to have the added entity in the pic to look like its behind objects by layering the image, then collapsing the said layers. Takes a little bit of time, but its not too hard to do

ETA: just relooked at the pic, why is the 'body's' face blacked out? We can CLEARLY see the other people in the pic, but yet its face is blacked out
edit on 10/18/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That's cool, I wasn't meaning to have a pop at you in any way, I traced the picture on the web and it is headlined the same wording so no worries.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

First thing I noticed also. For sake of argument, if this is real, maybe the body is in advanced decomposition? Gross.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The picture as it is presented should be of two ladies and two children sat on their laps.
There must be something really interesting behind the image "falling" as that part of the room was intentionally left in the shot and intended to be part of the photograph.
I mean, wouldn't you normally centre the people in the picture? Why have them hanging off to the right, or left if it has been flipped?
Maybe the prize grandfather clock or painting, either way you can't bloody see it because of a damned "dead body dropping from the ceiling" how inconvenient!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think it's suspicious that the picture isn't framed with the people in the center. It's like the photographer knew the body would show up in that space in the picture.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Maybe rule of thirds? (I know, it's a stretch)

The rule of thirds is a "rule of thumb" or guideline which applies to the process of composing visual images such as designs, films, paintings, and photographs.[1] The guideline proposes that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections.[2] Proponents of the technique claim that aligning a subject with these points creates more tension, energy and interest in the composition than simply centering the subject would.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Title should have read "Dropping by for Dinner"

Maybe they were invited who knows.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would say fake for the reason it appears the so called body hanging has a something hanging around its neck.You can see it about 10 inches or so on his chest.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why is his arm blurry? As if someone stuck it in there, was moving it around and it left a bit of a trail. I can't see this effect with the other people.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

damwel
I think it's suspicious that the picture isn't framed with the people in the center. It's like the photographer knew the body would show up in that space in the picture.

Agreed.

That makes me tend to think that it was a curtain or mirror or some other combination of thing casting an odd shadow that just looks like a person.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Interesting, have never seen this while familiar with quite a few "ghost" pictures shown around the net, etc. Would like more info too, found similar pages with just a title to people adding "funny" or so called that to the image, "let's hang out!" and added into "scary", "funny" contests.
The body appears more in motion of swinging as if strung up by their(perhaps already descended or near so) feet- shadows differ from the candles and people, as opposed to falling? With that will have to agree with others here, looks like the body(different image of someone hanging by their feet or maybe even laying down-photo from above, face purposely darkened)to be more added into the scene of what was a real older imaged scanned up.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For me it's a fake.

If it was a body falling physically from the ceiling, then you'd expect some movement from the two women.

At least the one closest starting to flinch.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There doesn't necessarily have to be any debris. Consider that the ceiling may not have been very thick. Or maybe it was damp or wet, which could have caused it in the first place. It could have just ripped open, sort of like wet particle board, which could easily have meant the portion which ripped just kinda "flapped" open. I suppose that could even happen with a bit thicker ceiling, sort of like a fracture, where there are not a bunch of bits and pieces.
But just because it is possible does not mean that it happened, lol.

I was thinking it was supposed to be some type of ghost photograph or something at first. It is strange, whether true or not. There just is not enough evidence to say one way or the other. Anyone who says yea or nay is basically just basing their opinion on their own feelings, not on any direct evidence, since there doesn't seem to be any evidence besides the photo itself.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Forget the Debris...
There is no indication from any of the people in the photo that suggests something was actually falling from the ceiling.
A simple piece of falling ceiling/debris would attract their attention, not to mention an entire human body. They are oblivious to whatever it is...
Which suggests it's either BS, or not a "real body"-(ie, a "ghost" or something). lol

top topics

join