It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is How Cats See The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Seeing as how I just adopted an abandoned kitten, I found this article especially interesting. Although this project doesn't seem to be backed in as much hard science as I'd like--it seems to be more of an artist's interpretation--it is still neat to get a glimpse into how our feline friends view the world.

For starters, cats’ visual fields are broader than ours, spanning roughly 200 degrees instead of 180 degrees, and their visual acuity isn’t as good. So, the things humans can sharply resolve at distances of 100-200 feet look blurry to cats, which can see these objects at distances of up to 20 feet. That might not sound so great, but there’s a trade-off: Because of the various photoreceptors parked in cats’ retinas, they kick our asses at seeing in dim light.

www.wired.com...

More photos in the link.

edit on 18-10-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow thats pretty cool. A bit like me without my glasses lol...Well the blurred bits i mean

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nice pics. But sadly this is what cats do when they see the world.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Interesting how the colors in the first photo are adjusted to simulate the dichromatic vision of cats.
edit on 18-10-2013 by mrkeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My cat turns her head in different directions when looking at something. I can tell she is having a hard time focusing.
She is funny sometimes. Her head bobs is all kinds of directions.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
thank you for posting this...

I have 3 cats and i really enjoyed this post.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
wow, that is awesome!!

I didnt know this, I thought they saw a whole heap better and clearer than we did, its surprising to see how blurry their site actually seems.

top topics

join