It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Smoke Ring Spotted In Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I live in Teesside UK I have seen such a smoke ring many years ago from a chimney when an industrial process started up after a shut down. Its black so suggests carbon soot and as the blast of smoke/soot exits a confined space and the air is quite still, the ring stays together and latter expands, quite a thing to watch, but a natural event

edit on 10/18/2013 by astra001uk because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That''s great. Not sure what it is either. Looks a bit to strange to be a craft. Interesting indeed!! Thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by gortex

How does a transformer blowing out create a ring of smoke that hovers in the air? Usually when a piece of machinery blows out, it just spews out a steady stream of smoke that doesn't take any form whatsoever. Like even if the transformer blew out and had a circular ring cracked in the chassis, there would still be a steady stream of smoke pouring out. This just appears to be a constant ring of smoke.

Transformers often have a tubular shape and I know that you can make smoke rings when something explodes in a tube, so perhaps the transformer blew up and blew its top off.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sometimes explosions will do this .
For example,

This was a shot of an IED that was triggered outside of a fob in Tikrit back in 2006.
For scale, the dust cloud at the bottom of the picture was about 150 feet high and 450-500 feet wide.
I figure the ring is about a quarter of a mile high and about as big around as a football stadium.
It was a few miles away and reportedly made from several dumb bombs buried in the roadway.

The picture was taken about 1 minute after the explosion.
It stayed coherent and visible for another few minutes.

I took the picture with a cheap 8 megapixel digital camera and cropped it in paint shop pro. I upped the saturation to make the ring more visible but otherwise there was no photo manipulation.

edit on 18-10-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Gu1tarJohn

Krazysh0t
reply to post by gortex

How does a transformer blowing out create a ring of smoke that hovers in the air? Usually when a piece of machinery blows out, it just spews out a steady stream of smoke that doesn't take any form whatsoever. Like even if the transformer blew out and had a circular ring cracked in the chassis, there would still be a steady stream of smoke pouring out. This just appears to be a constant ring of smoke.

Transformers often have a tubular shape and I know that you can make smoke rings when something explodes in a tube, so perhaps the transformer blew up and blew its top off.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

See? Even God smokes a good cigar every once in a while.

Very odd indeed, especially in comparison to the 60s photo.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When I was a teenager a friend and I poured some "Black Powder" in his parents fireplace and lit it to see what would happen.. What happened was he lost his eyebrows, burnt his hand and filled the house with smoke.We had to crawl down the stairs to get outside and when we did get outside we saw a 20'+ smoke ring rising into the sky and getting larger every second. It looked just like the smoke ring in the photo.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

gortex
Here's one from 2010 over Chicago , the cause of this one was stated to be a transformer blow out , chances are a similar event caused the one in Florida .

Was it optimus prime??

korg.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by gortex

How does a transformer blowing out create a ring of smoke that hovers in the air? Usually when a piece of machinery blows out, it just spews out a steady stream of smoke that doesn't take any form whatsoever.

If you get an explosion inside a pipe (or cylindrical case, like a transformer), you can form a vortex like that. It's the same way you blow smoke rings with a pipe or cigar.

Behold!

Link to youtube - it won't let me embed it here (?)

Another link to youtube...I guess it's not working today

Cool Community® trivia:

Back in the 60's, the Russians had a gadget about as long as your arm and about 3" across that fired a vortex ring of poison gas. It had a range of about 40'. If there wasn't any wind, and you had some sort of cover (it looked sort of like a LAW tube), you could fart a cyanide ring into the face of someone you wanted to do in. Unfortunately, the range was too short and the thing was too obvious. I don't think it was ever used successfully. But who knows? They might have actually pulled one off somewhere.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It is obviously a flying jellyfish...
damn government shills covering up the truth....blown transformers? BaH!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nothing ET about this. It's Florida - c'mon ....Obviously it is the work of a very good cigar smoker. It's the same guy who shoots off flares and releases lanterns into the sky.

edit on 18-10-2013 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Looks like what occurs when a person ejects from a fighter plane.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

no worries, its easy done!

WOW! You are sure letting him off easy after all this:

It really bothers me when members don't think and just post any idiotic thing that comes to mind without doing due-diligence and researching this stuff out

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Definitely an odd shape. Maybe it's a promotion for the new Godzilla movie? "Godzilla is back, and this time, he smokes Marlboro!". JK. But definitely looks like smoke.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by gortex

The only way I could see that happening is if a transformer or electrical junction is located underground, and accessible via a manhole cover. It is possible that a blast occurred, and the cover lifted slightly allowing a ring to escape and then the blast pressure dies down, the lid settles back down and no more smoke rings are emitted.

It's a stretch but it could happen. The smoke appears to be clingy, too. Kind if like when you over-carburize an Oxy-Acetylene flame and you get those black spidery soot chunks floating around.

Anyhow, you did ask and I am presenting a plausible, yet far out explanation. Especially since nobody bothered to mention a loud bang of any sort prior to it appearing.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Your explanation seems to be the best. It was somebody who goes to the Burning Man event in Nevada showing off their toy in Florida.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join