It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new-ish ATS website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Am I the only one who finds this but ever since ATS changed its forum layout I find it takes longer for my computer to navigate from forum to forum, most annoyingly I can often not click on the thread/topic at the top of the page, often the page freezes if I want to jump to the last page of a thread....I never had any of these problems with the old ATS website.

Why should it take longer to navigate through a website which is visually much simpler, you will have noticed the monochrome colour scheme, the simplistic Icons and even the crappy low res emotions

...all designed I assume to free up space yet it takes longer...which means ultimately more unseen processing behind the scenes must now be taking place.

edit on 18-10-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

It might just be you.
I found since the change its actually faster for me.

The last layout took forever to load and sometimes wouldn't load until I refreshed the page.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Yup same problem I think it freezes up on the bigger threads.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I only get that if alot of youtube videos are posted on the same page in a thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

nope ok for me and i have tried a few computers try another browser maybe opera and run advanced system care that might you .

might be all those adds that are slowing it down disable them and try it

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If you are running IE8. Switch to another browser. IE8 is obsolete. If you are running IE9 or newer, turn off hardware acceleration in the advanced tab in IE properties. Then make sure Java and Flash are both up to date.

Also consider using Firefox or Chrome for ATS. Chrome especially works well on the new ATS.

new topics

top topics

join