It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoveOn.org Petition Calls For Arrest Of Republican Leaders For Sedition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Source

Per the source, specifically:

The petition argues that "the House GOP leadership's use of the Hastert Rule and H. Res 368 to shut down the government and threaten the US economy with default is an attempt to extort the United States government into altering or abolishing the Affordable Care Act, and thus, is self-evidently a seditious conspiracy."

I saw the petition myself and it looks like it has right around 35k signatures at this point. I think this is very, very dangerous myself, as my understanding is that sedition is in line with treason. If my understanding is wrong, forgive me, but this, all the way around, has the look of bad news about it and is a very scary thing to witness happening in the United States.

It's not that far between this and petitions for silencing of political dissidents, at least not in my opinion. I'm just hoping that this doesn't become a big thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hear, Hear!

Arrest the traitors!
edit on 2013/10/18 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I saw that this morning too, I didn't even look. Although I agree something needs to be done, some changes need to be made, I seriously doubt this will do anything besides show peoples frustration with the state of our government.

Reminds me of the petitions to secede when Obama won his second term.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
That's not that many signatures yet.

But then the president is at fault too.

" when you set forth on a path to revenge, you must first dig 2 graves." By some one I can't think of. Yet!

edit on 18-10-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Agreed, this won't solve anything.

Its just more pointing of fingers, big whoop.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Just to put this in context, weren't there 3 times as many signatures for the US government to build the Death Star?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now I got the Emperor's Theme stuck in my head ...

Da Da Da DumDumDum

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Tazkven
reply to post by beezzer

Now I got the Emperor's Theme stuck in my head ...

Da Da Da DumDumDum

spit my coffee!

That was for Tazkven.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

True. I'm sincerely hoping that it stays that way. I know that it's unlikely anything will come of it, but it's a horrifying barometer of the mental state of this country. It seems to be making a huge splash in the news, so we'll see just how far it goes.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by beezzer

True. I'm sincerely hoping that it stays that way. I know that it's unlikely anything will come of it, but it's a horrifying barometer of the mental state of this country. It seems to be making a huge splash in the news, so we'll see just how far it goes.

To be fair (and balanced) we have seen numerous petitions concerning our feckless leader and his cohorts as well.

This is just more theatre as far as I'm concerned.

Amusing. But not discerning.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Our government was designed to handle a deep divide amongst the people in this very way. That is why the legislative branch controls the money, not the executive branch. You can't, by definition, commit sedition by following the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

Care to explain exactly how they are traitors?

...and by the same token, the dems aren't?

Feel free to elucidate.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

seagull
reply to post by Pejeu

Feel free to elucidate.

At the expense of letting the hook set more deeply in my cheek ... that's exactly the way government is supposed to work (or not).

Interesting side thought: Let's have them arrested for trying ... but not hard enough to get the job done.

On the conspiracy side: I think they're trying to keep Fox News from going back to the IRS, Ben Ghazi, Fast and Furious, etc. themes. For this administration it's one distraction followed by another while the Dems meet their social agendas and the RINOs line their pockets with cash. Muwahahahaha

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Screw that, FIRE ALL THE LIERS!

Every Dem, Repub, President, VP.....

Kick them all out and lock the damn door.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

beezzer

Just to put this in context, weren't there 3 times as many signatures for the US government to build the Death Star?

Ahhh...The Death Star!!! Now that is something we can all get behind!!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

beezzer

AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by beezzer

To be fair (and balanced) we have seen numerous petitions concerning our feckless leader and his cohorts as well.

This is just more theatre as far as I'm concerned.

Amusing. But not discerning.

It's got the same odds as the "arrest Obama" yada yada petitions etc. that the right wing orgs do every year.

Yes. Theater.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hmmm another worthless petition that will make its way to the government inbox, erm I mean trashcan. I don't even need to espouse my opinion on the petition, because I know that there is absolutely 0 chance of anything changing because of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I remember back in the watergate days when the republicans got caught with their pants down and their hands in the cookie jar the remark you would hear was, "they all do it". I expected so much when I viewed this thread and of course I wasn't disappointed. Obama has not obstructed the functioning of this government for the last 5 years, the republicans have however. Hang all of them before the country forgets which party brought us to economic collapse with their phony war in the first place.
edit on Fri October 18th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

link   

seagull
reply to post by Pejeu

Feel free to elucidate.

I would not call them traitors, and I do think this petition is silly theater, but their actions do flirt with the concept of soft coup d'état.

We had a law that was passed by congress, both in the HOR and Senate (the Peoples reps)...Legislative Branch
Signed into law by the President ...Executive Branch
Upheld by the Supreme Court...Judicial Branch
Affirmed through two Presidential elections..one where he ran on the promise, another after he passed it.

And a minority of the House of Reps (55% of GOP are TP...GOP in total being 55% of the House of Reps) demanded that all three branches of government and the people defund or repeal a democratically passed law or they would crash the economy.

The minority TP, through threat of economic destruction, demanded that all three branches of government cede the democratic process solely to them and defund or scuttle a law which they had failed to repeal through regular democratic means over 43 times.

This minority of the majority in the House also threatened the Speaker of the house with losing his Speakership if he permitted the house to even VOTE in an open and democratic way on any bill that did not include their demands.

Thank goodness Speaker Boehner relented and put it to a democratic vote, the way the House was intended to work.

My first concern was never Obamacare's future, it was the future of the USA if this tactic was validated as it would have changed our democracy in fundamental ways and we would have seen every extremist minority group, both left and right, hijack all three branches of government at threat of economic calamity...for all time to come.

Again...the petition is nonsense and theater, but there are serious considerations to be had here about democracy as our founders intended it.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   

Your dealing with people that can't debate facts and have no respect for the constitution so they use hate , division and more lie's as a way to defend there attempt to destroy the country.

My question is , why does this surprise anyone, something like this appears most every day from the left and there leader Obama, just look at the shills and trolls that have inundated ATS in the past 6 months.

Just my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join