It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right mindset (for me and hopefully you)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You want to be happy right? Feel good about your present moment, your day, your life, existence etc and you want to be able to control your happiness right?

Well, for that to happen you have to connect your feelings to variables you control.

And the truth is you cant control much.

Here is what you can control at all times: your effort, your dedication.

Effort, dedication, devotion, giving all you've got, going all in, this you can control.

In reality, we can only control the attempt.

We can try, give all our energy, all our effort and attention, that's what is in our hands.

If you let your feelings depend on how hard you try, you are in control of your feelings because you can always control your effort.

Maybe that's the only thing we can control. We cant control results. It can all go wrong, no matter how hard you try.

But if you try hard, you've already won, you made it, the victory is yours.

You see: life is about learning and evolution.
We are souls passing by the flesh many times for learning purposes.
(this is my belief)

But evolution is not about results, its not dependent on variables we cant control. Its about using all your energy, all your power, all your resources, its about giving your best shot!

If someone tries hard, he is maximizing his potential, he is a winner, he is maximizing his evolution.

This is the critical question: are you trying the harder you can? If so, raise your fist, you are winning, you are at the top of your potential, you should be very happy now.

At the end of the day what really matters is your effort.

In summary: If you are trying your best, you are achieving everything you can achieve, you are winning, you are living the best of your potential, congratulations
it cant be better than that!

And on top of that, your feelings depend only on you, you are in control of it all, you are the master of your happiness.

Here is the practical sentence to remember during the everyday tasks:
Focus on my actions and do my best, this is joy, this is happiness, this is self-realization.

Be happy, do your best.

Thanks for your attention.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
How much effort does it take to relax and be at peace?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

It doesnt matter if you get the result, just try the harder you can and be happy for that.

You must believe that success is about trying, its not about getting... its about attempt with all your being, all your energy, doing the best of your abilities.

If you dont believe this, it doesnt work.

First you must change your beliefs about personal success.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Manula

It doesnt matter if you get the result, just try the harder you can and be happy for that.

You must believe that success is about trying, its not about getting... its about attempt with all your being, all your energy, doing the best of your abilities.

What is success to you?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Life is about doing stuff: waking up, getting uo, speaking, socializing, writing, cleaning, thinking, etc etc etc

Whatever you do, do the best you can.

This is success: puting all of you in everything you do!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Manula
You want to be happy right? Feel good about your present moment, your day, your life, existence etc and you want to be able to control your happiness right?

Success is happiness.
What needs to be controlled when happiness is found to be what you are?
edit on 18-10-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

That´s fine, i believe i am happiness too, but i still want to do stuff, be entertained, achieve stuff.

Why don't you become a bum?

If you are happy just being (i am too) and because of that you have nothing you want to do (not my case), why are you around?

I believe i can be happy and still have the enthusiasm to do stuff.

You are happy but if you see your brother unhappy you want to try to relieve his suffering, you do it because you need to do it to be happy? No, you do it because you wish him to be happy.

It really doesnt matter, the thing is we like to do stuff, but we shouldnt depend on results to be happy, just be happy being in action with all you´ve got.

The goal is not the destination, the journey is the goal.

To test yourself and try is the way.

You can play a game, you like going through the levels, you like to be entertained. But you don't need that game to be happy and you steel want to play it because its fun.

Imagine happiness is white.
You are white.
But you like to play with all the colors.
Maybe life is pointless after all.

lololol

Because we are and were light all the time.
But the being wants diversity and a lot of colors.
Lets give it to them

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Manula
Because we are and were light all the time.
But the being wants diversity and a lot of colors.
Lets give it to them

Being is already being all there is.
Being does not want and that is why it feels so good - it is not lacking.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Manula

That´s fine, i believe i am happiness too, but i still want to do stuff, be entertained, achieve stuff.

'Stuff' happens - try to make 'stuff' stop happening and see what happens.

Beingness is the ultimate entertainment system - it produces the image and sees the image - it cannot be stopped - and there is no you that is doing it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This seems to be the old way of doing things...

"No pain, no gain" life is not that difficult that you must put so much effort.

"Go with the flow" makes life much more easy, and its interesting to see how things still get "done" even without so much effort.

I'm not saying effort is never required but its n ot as needed as people tend to think.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Is it heavy or is it light?
From dis ease to ease.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Manula

If you are happy just being (i am too) and because of that you have nothing you want to do (not my case), why are you around?

Who knows??

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

lolol you guys are dazzled with existence. I am too.
ARPGME and Itisnowagain, we are much alike.
Life is just insane isn't it, whatever it is, lets have fun and do stuff...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Manula

Who knows??

lol you either are completely unrealistic or you are fully illuminated... which one is it?
I think it may be the second... I am not there yet...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

who knows who cares, funny an old name for god was Hugh, say he might be the one to ask.Changes what I said at first doesnt it?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Manula

You're suggesting people should observe their life-less thoughts and attempt to extract living joy from them? Sifting through dead ash, in search of life and joy. To create happiness out of the same thoughts that alternately generate the misery. To always be thinking of something to be happy about. Always thinking of reasons to live. What's next, Suicide?

What would make a person want to do these things with their minds? Misery that's what. I mean, when you're enjoying your life, you're not thinking about reasons to be happy. Misery and dissatisfaction with life is what generates these types of "positive" spiritual practices. I think they are detrimental to the process of finding peace and joy.

What you're suggesting is very much like spiritual poverty. Buddha called this realm Dukkha.

From good ol' wiki- used for convenience.

Dukkha is commonly explained according to three different categories: The obvious physical and mental suffering associated with birth, growing old, illness and dying.

The anxiety or stress of trying to hold onto things that are constantly changing.

A basic unsatisfactoriness pervading all forms of existence, due to the fact that all forms of life are changing, impermanent and without any inner core or substance. On this level, the term indicates a lack of satisfaction, a sense that things never measure up to our expectations or standards.

And from this realm you have modified the definition of success, which is that success is about trying not succeeding. Only from Dukkha, would you say that.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure why the OP is being so vehemently chided, if one looks closely nothing the OP states in the first post falls against the 8-fold path. There is an assumption that the OP is attached to the gain from this effort instead of being attached to the effort itself, are those putting effort to the path seeking enlightenment not attached in the same way? The OP has also stated clearly the things attached to openly and honestly in follow up posts, and even with all the refutation, has remained calm and tranquil offering joviality and good cheer instead of harsh speech. This is fully rational and logical outlook on life, nothing really to rebuke.

In my personal opinion the OP is on a perfect path of a lay follower, a very gradual and steady course that will lead to liberation at some point, it my not be this life because a lay follower typically does not take up renunciation but if it comes in another life that's ok, and it seems ok to the OP as well... what's wrong with it? Millions of lay follows are on the same path. Other than the non-renunciation the OP seems to be in complete accordance with the 8 fold path to liberation for laity.

Op I applaud your balanced outlook, and I appreciate you sharing this for all members here, that do not wish to renounce, but live a healthy and balanced life from simply doing the best one can with what they've got by their own two hands and the sweat of their brow as a source of happiness.

An old zen saying is "No work... no food." p.s. zen sayings are simple but fully loaded and pregnant with meaning deeper than face value... so by all means read into it.

new topics

top topics

join