It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World’s Policeman Is Looking Mighty Guilty - NSA snooping exposed by Snowden breaches internat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

At a hearing in the European Parliament on Monday, the surveillance initiatives operated by the National Security Agency and its British counterpart, the Government Communications Headquarters, were the subject of legal scrutiny as part of an ongoing inquiry prompted by leaks by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. Participating in the session was a judge who has served in the European Court of Human Rights for 15 years, a former United Nations special rapporteur on human rights and counterterrorism, and a London-based international law professor. All three agreed that the scope of the surveillance revealed in the Snowden leaks constituted violations of both European and international laws and treaties.

The World’s Policeman Is Looking Mighty Guilty - NSA snooping exposed by Snowden breaches international law, experts say

Well, it sounds like the people in the UK may have a chance at freedom. Pity us poor folks in the US who have nothing to protect us from the prying eyes of the NSA. Now why did they once the call the US the land if the free? Oh yeah, now I remember. I heard at one time the US used to have a piece of paper that they ruled the entire country by. Can you believe that? I think they called it the constitution.

Anyways, I will be watching the UK and other countries for a while to see how this all turns out. Maybe, just maybe they will get their freedoms back. And who knows, maybe it will trickle to the US.

And by the way, I don't think my first paragraph will be too far off in the future if we don't fix our country now. When our presidents are elected they swear to do only one thing, protect our constitution. So far we have 2 presidents that failed to do one menial task. Anyways, break a leg UK, we are rooting for you!

edit on 18-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

elouina
When our presidents are elected they swear to do only one thing, protect our constitution. So far we have 2 presidents that failed to do one menial task.

Oh, its been a lot more than 2.

The violations of personal privacy will continue, and increase. After all, we could all be terrorists.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It's funny how all those who were highlighting this stuff for so many years were all brushed off as crazy "conspiracy theorists".

I see Cameron is really going after the Guardian newspaper now and calling for a Parliamentary Select Committee to investigate the paper's handling of the material and how they have damaged National Security. Ah, the old "National Security" card again. I am sure if anyone bothered to ask Mr. Cameron exactly how National Security had been damaged, we'd be told that it was classified under National Security and just to take his word for it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Well as a rule, the general public doesn't want to acknowledge the illicit activities of their government. They'd rather continue living in ignorance, and pretend that their government cares for them and is acting in their best interests. So the choice becomes to either topple their house of cards, or call you crazy.

Hence, we're all crazy.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't put too much hope on the UK doing much against the spooks, our politicians are just as corrupt as the lot across the pond and the spooks have all the dirt required to keep the politicians in line, they may allow them a bit of room to have a quick shout so they can be seen to be doing something but its still business as usual

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

IF you post enough telling people to THINK and don't take anything the media says as gospel, and that government agencies need to follow the constitution, they start trying to intimidate you. I was harrassed at border and Im now being followed by some of them, truly amazing.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

GodsLawsWork
reply to post by elouina

IF you post enough telling people to THINK and don't take anything the media says as gospel, and that government agencies need to follow the constitution, they start trying to intimidate you. I was harrassed at border and Im now being followed by some of them, truly amazing.

Well, hopefully my constant reminders will get through. People here have to understand that my primary objective at ATS is to restore following the constitution and give the country back to the people. Every small voice helps. And if I educate and bring the loss of freedoms to the forefront, someday maybe the people will say enough.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Maxatoria
I wouldn't put too much hope on the UK doing much against the spooks, our politicians are just as corrupt as the lot across the pond and the spooks have all the dirt required to keep the politicians in line, they may allow them a bit of room to have a quick shout so they can be seen to be doing something but its still business as usual

If one is throwing another under the bus you rest assured its for a reason. They're all equally corrupt.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
this is madness!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Its time we as humans stood up to evil, and told them no more, no more are we going to be slaves, doing what they ask, no more complying to unjust laws! NO MORE!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GodsLawsWork

It would be nice for people to rebel against those that torment and do vile things to us, but sadly I do not think the majority would rather sit in bliss and either think A. They are doing it for our protection or B. They have no clue while watching various other shows and pouring all of their attention into it rather than the current status of what's going.

top topics

join