It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Doppelganger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Not sure if this the right forum...

I was thinking about old times and remembered a strange occurance when I was in my early 20's.

I was walking down a street when a guy stoped me, calling me by another name, and tried to talk about people I didn't know. He acted like I was an old friend. When I told him he was mistaken he insisted like I was joking with him. I really insisted that he had the wrong person and he got pissed and walked away.

For a while after that, people I didn't know kept yelling at me from passing cars. Then one day I went and visited a church that I had not been to for a couple years to see how some friends were doing. When I showed up all my old friends came running at me all at once very excited. They told me that right after I stoped going, a guy began to attend the church who was the same age as me and looked identicle. They said it took a while for them to be convinced it was not me. And just before I came to visit, the guy stopped attending.

I think about that once in a while and get goose bumps. Wish I had searched him out or at least wrote down his name.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

That is very spooky indeed!

I have had much less convincing confusions and never interacting with my own friends.

Cool story, track down that replicant!

edit on 18-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

I'm not sure why some people seem to have doppelgangers and others don't.But my father was really super bad about it.

He would come home from work a few minutes early almost everyday.We would hear the car pull up in the driveway,the car door would shut,then he would walk up the sidewalk to the front door.(He always walked pretty heavy).Then the screen door would open and we would think he was coming in.....but nothing.Then it would start all over again with the car and door, him walking etc. a few minutes later he would show up and we would ask him why didn't he come in the first time.He would act like we were nuts.My mother and siblings never did it,but once I did while passed out from a fever.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Very cool experience Joki!

I once had an old guy come up and start chatting to me in a small shop, he acted like we were quite close but I'd never seen him before.
He saw that I was struggling to recognise him and he said "it is YOU isn't it?"
SO, of course I say "Yes it's ME, but I don't know who you think I am!"
And he says "Gordon"
and I stop in my tracks and say "Yes, I'm Gordon..."
so he laughs and starts chatting again... about Judo and other things that I know nothing about! So, I stop him and say "Look, I'm sorry but I'm not who you think I am"
He replies "You're Gordon... Gordon Marshall"
But I'm Not.
I explain who I am, and he gets embarrassed and apologises and adds that I am an absolute double of his friend Gordon Marshall, who apparently teaches Judo and stuff, not far from where we were at the time.

Better than that, my dad used to see me WITH MY DOG, when we hadn't been anywhere near!
It happened several times - He'd ask what I'd been doing with our dog in an area of the nearby town, and I'd say that I hadn't been anywhere near, but he'd insist that he'd seen not only me, but me with my dog!
I should explain that I'm quite tall, easy to see! and that my dog was a white Border Collie with a very distinctive large black spot on one side, and that these incidents happened nowhere near the previous mis-identification one.

Doppelganger? or just co-incidences?

GTD

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I've got one named Shane. I get called Shane a lot, from strange deviants to police to peope in shops to an office I worked in... oO

"How are the kids Shane?"
"I have no kids... I'm not Shane."
"Oh, you look like Shane.."

argh!!! Oo

edit on 18-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
ohhh shoooot.... that's not a dopple ganger..... that's called "Organized Stocking"

it's defined as:

1. organized stalking
A system of organized psychological terror tactics used against a person who has become an enemy of an individual or a government. Subtle but effective techniques of stalking by multiple individuals and psychological intimidation and manipulation are used to slowly but surely drive the target to make complaints to authorities who will see the complaints as bogus because of the methods used against the target. As a result, the target gets labelled as mentally ill.
There are as many stalking tactics as there are targets as the multistalkers will tailor the stalking to the individuals habits and individual personality. Some common examples or organized stalking are: following the target on foot, by car and public transportation, crowding the target's space in a public place, murmuring insults under the breath so only the target can hear, sitting in the car outside the target's residence, starting "fights" in public with the target, doing "skits" on the street which involves information only the target should know but has been found out via surveillance of the target, stealing and vandalism of the target's possesions.

multistalking gangstalking privacy spying harassment

2. organized stalking
“Organized Stalking is a form of terrorism used against an individual in a malicious attempt to reduce the quality of a persons life so they will: have a nervous break-down, become incarcerated, institutionalized, experience constant mental, emotional, or physical pain, become homeless, and/or
commit suicide. This is done using well-orchestrated accusations, lies, rumors, bogus investigations, setups, framings, intimidation, overt or covert threats, vandalism, thefts, sabotage, torture, humiliation, emotional terror and general harassment. It is a “ganging up” by members of the community who follow an organizer and participate in a systematic “terrorizing” of an individual.”

wow as I'm reading this I just realized something.... ahhhh.... this is actually happening to me right now. Oh my gosh this is insane. I never really thought about it like this, but it's true! ohhh crap

edit on 18-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hmmm. Never heard of those tactics. Knowing our gov and history, sounds pretty accurate of what they would do.

dimithae, since you mentioned that bit about your dad coming to the door before getting home, I should add a bit that I left out. Figured it was too nuty and not connected. During this same period I rode every where on a bike and had a tune stuck in my head that I whistled all the time. I had an apartment with my bedroom window right above one of the gates. I would always enter that gate dragging my bike. Almost every night, hours after getting home and relaxed in bed, the gate would open and someone would come in with a bike, whistling my tune. Every time, I would sit up with a chill and think: that sounds like me. Everytime I'd look out the window, even at the moment the gate opened, and there was never anyone there, on the street, or in the courtyard.

Weird.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I once was working away in another city when whilst stood in a cafe i notice a neighbour of mine across the road. After recieving my order i approached my neighbour who was sat in his car,the very same make and model as my neighbour. Well i nearly choked on my sandwich when my neighbour had a welsh accent and he diddnt know me from adam. He was an absolute clone of my neighbour. Same dress sense,same car,same hair style everything. I could not stop laughing it was unreal. Kinda spooked me out.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I have one up in Massachusetts (I'm down south now) that even shares my first and last name and even my birth date. She's much older than me but we went to the same OB/GYN and they constantly got me mixed up with her, calling me with information for her, thinking we were each other when we'd come in for appointments. Oops...LOL...I know she had a hysterectomy. I've even had bills for her sent to me. She lived a couple towns away, so I have no idea why she went to my doctor but it's a small area so it's not unlikely she would. The receptionists and doctors used to get so excited about it because apparently, she looks just like me and because of our shared information on top of that, it was just spooky weird. I always hoped I'd see her one day when I'd go in for an appointment, but that never happened.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well, I had a weird experience about 17 years ago.
I was at a convention in St. Petersburg Fl at the Bayfront Center when I make eye contact with my "twin". We were both dressed in a blue suit with a red tie and had a real awkward moment. My wife was in shock and couldn't believe what she was seeing. My and the other guy stared at each other for a few moments but while I was getting up to go talk to him he disappeared in the crowd. I saw him again about an hour later from about 50 yards away and he looked right at me again. There were over 5000 people there so he once again disappeared in the crowd. I never got his name but besides him being a little heavier we could have been twins.

edit on 10/18/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/18/2013 by Sparky63 because: Speeling...

edit on 10/18/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ok, this is getting strange. I started this thread last night while at work. I just got home and my wife showed me a pic she found on the internet. It's a lady who went to a party and found her dopp. I can't get the pic to post though. I'll try to figure it out and post it.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A doppleganger is an exact double of a person, but from what I understand it's a non-physical double. Where as everybody on Earth is supposed to have a physical double, but that's not the same as a doppleganger. I have a lot, did you ever know a person with just one of those faces, where everywhere they go they are mistook for somebody else? That's me I have one of those faces, and met a physical double of mine at Army Boot Camp, the sergeants always picked at us calling us "Parent Trap" asking if one of us was adopted. I even have a famous double, who runs a page about, of all things, reality shifts. Lol. No lie she is exactly my double, but like I said I am one of those people with one of those faces, I never been to a town where I wasn't mistaken for somebody else. It's good for me I finally have a good use for it, if I don't want people to know I'm me I can lie and they'll believe it, if they know how many doubles I have. LOL.
edit on 20-10-2013 by ldyserenity because: 'met' not 'meant lol

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There's a tribal community in southeast asia who create doppelgangers on purpose. They follow an animistic religion worshipping spirits they believe resides all over nature. When I first heard about it I didn't believe it was possible to create a copy of another person (in this case the person's spiritual psychological aura not physical).

They use children chosen for this purpose. By some ritual they turn a child into a brain dead entity and then deliberately possess it with a spirit. This spirit they believe is a mimicking spirit that can steal another persons thoughts memories emotions.

When an adult comes near the child and says a prayer. The zombie like child starts behaving talking like that person. Even about personal stuff only that adult knows about. Ive heard so many people talk about this, its supposed to act as a sacrifice by the child's family to their deities and supposedly makes them rich.

Ive read about dead people being turned to zombies by voodoo in africa. But to create a zombie like child acting as a copy of another person is creepy. Doesnt this amount to child abuse or child sacrifice?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I had a similar experience back in the 70's. I had just recently graduated from technical school and moved from my small home town back to Columbus, OH where I had gone to school. One evening I was shopping at a large department store in a mall. As I approached the escalator a girl who looked amazing like me was on her way down. She noticed it also because both of us just stared at one another for a moment and then went our separate ways. It was weird.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

ColonelCarter
.... a girl who looked amazing like me was on her way down....

And modest with it!
JUST KIDDING!! - That was a funny wee slip!

G

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Incredible stories - not sure if a phone call qualifies - but...

Years ago I received a phone call - rather late and already in bed.

The guy claimed he was my cousin 'L' who had a bother 'D' - all names were correct. I told him I was not the correctly named guy but I had the same name.
He then wanted me to tell my brother "M" - which is my brother's name - happy birthday. Which thankfully was not my brothers birthday. I kept trying to tell him he had the wrong guy - but since he had all the correct names he hung by saying . ok 'J' (me) tell 'M' I said happy birthday - kinda like he thought I was putting him on - like I was joking.

I still cannot come to grips w/ who that guy was and how all names were correct.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm in the same boat.

About 7 years ago , I was visiting an old town 3 hours away from my city for some festive day. When I was walking around the town, 2 guys stopped me and started talking to me as if they knew me, one even tried to hug me and I got really confused. They kept staring at me saying "What's wrong man?" and I said "I don't know you guys, I think you're mistaken me for somebody else.", the pair seemed confused and looked at each other and one said "I don't think it's him." then they took off.

A few months later, I was in a party when some guys arrived, one of them started to yell "Hey man! I haven't seen you in a long time! What's up?" and got close and hugged me but I told him that I wasn't who he thought I was, he looked at me and said "Dude what the hell are you talking about?", after I told him that he was mistaking me for someone else, he got upset and pushed me away.

A couple of days after that one, I was in the cafeteria of my university with a friend when some guy approached me and acted like the other guys, greeting me, saying that he hadn't seen me in a long time. My friend started laughing a lot because he was with me the other times so he found it hilarious, but for me it was creepy. At first, I thought he was laughing because they were friends and they were joking with me, I kept asking for his name and all he said was "My name? Are you kidding me or what? Haha man, you know my name!", I kept telling him that I had no idea who he was, he got upset and told me I was being a jerk then took off. I asked my friend if he knew him and he said he had no idea who he was but it was pretty damn funny to see it happen over and over.

Weeks later, my mother told me my aunt had called and told her that I had been mean to them. I asked why and she said that they thought they had seen me in a mall making out with a girl and that when they got close I walked away and ignored them. This came to a shock to me, they have known me my entire life and they had mistaken someone else for me.

I have no idea what's going on but I wonder what would happen if we ever found each other.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Never met a "me" before; however, a few years back my brother found a picture of a DJ in Europe that was his spitting image. He sent the picture to our mother who asked him if he got new glasses. My brother got quite a kick out of the fact that even our mother couldn't tell that it wasn't a picture of her own son.
edit on 10/28/13 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

winofiend
I've got one named Shane. I get called Shane a lot, from strange deviants to police to peope in shops to an office I worked in... oO

"How are the kids Shane?"
"I have no kids... I'm not Shane."
"Oh, you look like Shane.."

argh!!! Oo

edit on 18-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

I must look like some guy called Jason...

...a lot people ask me whether I'm jason...

Å99

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

I met a carbon copy of myself as a boy in a mall. We just kind of stared at each other for a bit, smiled and went back to our mothers.

Then another time I saw me while on vacation with my family as a teen. This guy was a little different. Like more evil.

I was told about a man who worked in a hospital near me at the time who was so close to me that the people who saw him had to get up real close and listen in as he talked to a nurse about a patient just to hear what the nurse called him.

crazy world huh...multiple yous...somewhere

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join