It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Curious Purge Of The Military Continues

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Huh...Commanders in charge of Nuclear Weapons being fired/purged...wonder what that is all about?
I wonder...for fake poker chips no less!
Strange.

"The firing of two nuclear commanders in a week adds to a body count that suggests we have either the most corrupt and incompetent general staff in history or our military is being reshaped for other purposes.

The Obama administration, which has fired no one over scandals such as its Fast and Furious Mexican gun-running operation, its criminal negligence in the terrorist attack on our Benghazi diplomatic mission, or the use of the IRS to target and intimidate political foes, seems to have a curious obsession lately about ethics and competence in the U.S. military.

Last week the Air Force's two-star general in charge of the units responsible for its 450 nuclear missiles was fired "due to a loss of trust and confidence in his leadership and judgment," an Air Force statement said.

LINK.

edit on Fri Oct 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Odds are that Obama knew nothing about these guys, or that they even existed, until he was given a recommendation about what to do and the reasons why.

I don't think I would pin this one on Obama but if your looking for something more nefarious perhaps an investigation into the lower chain of commands would give you better results.

Obama probably just signed a piece of paper for the extent of his involvement.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

you could be right, this puppet president is a laugh
however
that means that the actions he takes that go unnoticed are extremely important

We need more details

I would love to see the president asked about this at a press conference, he would probably reply that he has heard nothing about it and he would have to get back to the reporter later after he looks into it

CAMANDER IN CHIEF ?
I think not
X

edit on 18-10-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'll certainly say that Obama is a President I double take on when major military moves are made. A military man he is not. However rare I may consider it to be with this one, credit where credit is due. At least, no blame ..and certainly not in this case.

The article does state the cases involve bad conduct on or off duty, and in their positions? There is no difference. Quite literally, here IS NO difference in conduct review and how it's treated.

This quote comes from an older copy that's out floating around now and dates to Dec. 1995. It's an updated directive for the DODD 5210.42 Nuclear Weapon Personnel Reliability Program (PRP)

1. The Department of Defense shall support the national security of the
United States by maintaining an effective nuclear deterrent while
protecting the public health, safety, and environment. For that reason,
nuclear-weapons require special consideration because of their policy
implications and military importance, their destructive power, and the
political consequences of an accident or an unauthorized act. The safety,
security, control, and effectiveness of nuclear weapons are of paramount
importance to the security of the United States.

2. Nuclear weapons shall not be subject to loss, theft, sabotage,
unauthorized use, unauthorized destruction, unauthorized disablement,
jettison, or accidental damage.

3. Only those personnel who have demonstrated the highest degree of
individual reliability for allegiance, trustworthiness, conduct, behavior,
and responsibility shall be allowed to perform duties associated with
nuclear weapons, and they shall be continuously evaluated for adherence to
PRP standards.
Source

This is one aspect and one area of the Military that they are absolutely dead serious about, as I understand it. Crap like the 'lost' flight of live nukes on the Bomber to Barksdale AFB awhile back don't help attitudes when things come up either. If anyone recalls, that's where they didn't even realize they'd had nukes aboard until landing across the nation and ..er.. Ooooops.. How did THOSE get there? Er..

Out of recent history and more like that? They go and so much as spit on the sidewalk or jaywalk? No sympathy out of me here. They were serving under exceptional regulations and codes. They broke them....and they paid for it. Obama or his people did right this time, IMHO.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree that Obama is probably far removed from military decisions, which have for the most part, stayed the same as they were under Bush.

Obama is more focused on his domestic agenda and only seems concerned about military matters when it is forced upon him. He is certainly not following any set foreign policy agenda.

This is actually quite rare in presidents since most of their authority is dealing in foreign matters, it is where most put their largest efforts because they get the most reward politically from their direct actions.

Putting domestic issues as your main platform is far more difficult since most of this power resides with Congress. From this perspective I find the Obama presidency quite fascinating to watch since its a different approach than most presidents take.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Spookybelle

I agree that Obama is probably far removed from military decisions, which have for the most part, stayed the same as they were under Bush.

That's a laugh and a half. It would actually be funny if there weren't for the trail of dead people around the planet to prove otherwise. Libya? Syria? Pulling troops from Iraq only to "surge" in Afghanistan? NDAA? Domestic drones? Deploying Navy S.E.A.L.S. on his orders then taking credit for what they did for political points and exposing them to harm?
I could go on but that should be enough to show you just how neck deep Obama has been in military affairs and how truly inept he is at them.

Had you said he was ignorant about them I would have agreed with you whole heartedly. 2 years as a junior senator is the entire extent of his military experience before becoming POTUS. Oh wait, there is that selective service card he filled in once....

Just keep that blind faith going. It seems to be working out really well so far.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Crap like the 'lost' flight of live nukes on the Bomber to Barksdale AFB awhile back don't help attitudes when things come up either. If anyone recalls, that's where they didn't even realize they'd had nukes aboard until landing across the nation and ..er.. Ooooops.. How did THOSE get there? Er..

Sorry Wrabbit2000 but that didn't happen no matter what was reported. If you had ever been stationed on a base that have live nukes and aircraft loaded on standby you would understand that you just can't move one out of its spot without a ton of paperwork. There are check points and arms guards that shoot first and ask questions later if you do not have all the "T" crossed and the "I" doted and even then it just about takes an act of God to move one.

There is zero funny business around nukes. I watched a general and two colonels eating dirt with loaded M16's pointed at them for attempting to get on the aircraft ramp without 100% proper ID. Those nukes didn't get there by mistake it was planned and when they got to Barksdale someone noticed and reported it and before you could spit security was all over the area and it was locked down and secured.

In the cases of these officers being relieved of command, the story everyone is given may or may not be accurate since it all political at that level. However, you never want someone in that position that can be of questionable ethics.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
this is almost like a script straight out of Hollywood.....the military officers are not in the position they are in due to dumb luck........there is a major reshaping of command going on here......if it were a Hollywood script these officers were ordered to fire on the public and did not as a result they are being purged from the military........as above posters have mentioned Obama is far from a military man.......strange times indeed....with all the talk of false flags lately....have we just avoided one?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
I could go on but that should be enough to show you just how neck deep Obama has been in military affairs and how truly inept he is at them.

That's what happens when people vote in someone 'cuz they have a cool catch phrase ('yes we can') instead of experience and ability. The 'community organizer' and Jr. Senator Obama, who was raised overseas, hasn't got a freak'n clue about military matters. Either that, or he is purposely screwing it up. Both are possible.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I'm not sure we're thinking about the same incident or the same presentation of it, if we are.

Air Force investigates mistaken transport of nuclear warheads

Are you suggesting that never happened? I could have sworn I read about it happening again just this year, but I'm not home with my system to find it quick and can't locate the story now. The older one may be the same reported again, which I'm thinking about.

Some suggested that was a theft of weapons in what the story above is talking about, but those headlines from the time make no sense in anything realistic. Given the fact no one gained a thing by it and everyone remotely close to the screw up seemed to be badly hurt by it? I don't see where alternative theories work for lack of outcome to support reasoning?

They screwed up then..and they screwed up now. (They..being perfectly foulable human beings handling the worst weapons ever devised.) We shoud simply be very thankful that more errors don't happen. At least that we hear about, anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Nukes at Barksdale.......
first 6,...then 5, were reported to have been loaded....and flown there....
A pylon on a Buff will hold 6
i think ONE NUKE GOT AWAY.........
The security around these weapons makes an accidental loading of nukes an impossibility.
This was arranged to happen, why? thats a good question.....
As far as tthe officers go....Stalin just shot the ones he wanted gone.....we discredit them and cashier them afterwards.
edit on 18-10-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Litmus Test:

General if necessary will you fire upon US Citizens?
Yes - you stay
No - your out

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Get rid of most of the military. Bring down those spending dollars. Get rid of oil subsidies too. Bring spending in line.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Oh not anymore. Because of everyone (including crew) taking shortcuts, they thought they had loaded training weapons, not live weapons. The live weapons had been loaded on the loader for a previous training movement, and that loader was grabbed without checking, uploaded without checking, personal checklists were used instead of official checklists, etc.

It's entirely plausible with the attitude that the Air Force has developed towards nuclear weapons after dropping the alert mission. They don't like them, they don't want to deal with them, and they have become pretty lax about them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The security doesn't matter if everyone thinks they're supposed to be loading them, and loads the wrong weapons. They're going to think that it was done properly, which is what happened, and no one is going to say anything, because no one did their job right.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The transport happened, it's the same story, just that there is no way to mistake live nukes for practice ones let alone move a live non-practice nuke. The story of it being a mistake was simply a coverup. Someone high up authorized the shipment and the flight but the official story is that it was an error. Now that is the biggest load of mammoth gas I've heard in awhile.

There was a total of 6 transported but if I remember correctly 5 ended up accounted for and 1 missing. It really isn't missing, the gov has it somewhere.

I suspect someone very high up had plans for those nukes but got caught by an observant crew chief or BB stacker. Now with generals getting sacked, it could be that they had the ethics and wouldn't play along yet can't say anything either. Remember the Admiral that said; "not on my watch" in regards to attacking Iran over bogus intel? Well they sacked him also. There are still a few good men and they are in all branches of the service.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Extremely interesting and very under-reported in the MSM.

Who says Obama is pulling the strings (or the commissions as it were)?

It appears that something is afoot but as per usual details are hard to come by.

Theories abound...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by stirling

The security doesn't matter if everyone thinks they're supposed to be loading them, and loads the wrong weapons. They're going to think that it was done properly, which is what happened, and no one is going to say anything, because no one did their job right.

Hey Zaph...and btw, congrats on your new mod-ship.

In your knowledgeable opinion, aren't there way too many checks in the process of transporting N-weapons for it to have been a multi-layered screw-up that everyone has just shut up about?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

If there are questions of character, especially related to a potential gambling problem....Obama absolutely did the right thing here. No question about it at all. The last thing you want is someone who is able to be bribed in that position.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Thanks.

Normally yes. But in this case, you had a load of training weapons sitting mounted next to the live weapons, people using short cuts, crews not doing their jobs properly, etc. It was the perfect storm of mistakes, and one of those things that could probably only happen once or twice at most.
edit on 10/18/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join