It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys! ISON visible to the naked eye from hawaii! - For the First Time!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

SheopleNation
reply to post by cheesy

I star you cheesy!
~$heopleNation

Tq My Friend..

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

cheesy
i get this from Spaceweather real time image, In other Place its so faint, like this if you try to Zoom it it Will appear..
Sory For Bad English

Taken by Michael John Hutchinson on October 19, 2013 @ Harrisburg, PA, USA

Sorry Cheesy but you still can't see ISON with the naked eye or a regular camera. I know you're excited, but that's just the truth.

This guy's photo is wrong, ISON was in a different position (closer to Mars).

Stellarium screenshot (set for Harrisburg, Oct 19th):

The photo, with ISON's correct position in red circle:

From the photo page at spaceweathergallery.com... :

Details:

I tried to see Comet ISON, but faile to detect it, with my 12x50mm binoculars. I photographed the comet at 5:00 am, EDT, in Harrisburg, PA home. 30-second exposure, with my Canon EOS Rebel T3 digital camera, with 18-55mm zoom lens, at 55mm.

Comments

Nope...Cant say that I see the comet in that image. I believe the rather large circle would need to be moved up just a tad bit higher - but even then, the faint blips I do see are likely stars. Too many things going against you in this image: equipment, light pollution, and high thin clouds.

A 30-second exposure is way too short to capture such a faint object like ISON is right now. Try 3-minute exposure under very dark skies, and you might catch it.

When ISON is bright enough to be photographed with a camera, photos will pour in from everywhere!
When it's visible to the naked eye, I think we will start hearing about it on TV news and in the newspapers.
edit on 24-10-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join