It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys! ISON visible to the naked eye from hawaii! - For the First Time!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi All! You Must Love this! if you luck you can see it Naked eye!..this the video from Hawai Cloud Cam..here you go.

4.bp.blogspot.com...
2.bp.blogspot.com...

Yipii..i cant wait!..

edit on 17-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thats awesome!
Thanks cheesy

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

violet
Thats awesome!
Thanks cheesy

you're welcome Ms.Violet!
Wait until we see the tail!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oooo! Good to see that it's still coming in and in good shape. Not derailments from the sun or anything to speak of yet. I've been wanting to see this one for a while. The expected time was December, wasn't it? I unfortunately haven't been quite as in-tap for a while and so my information might be out of date.

Regardless, I can't wait to see this one streak overhead. The comet of the century. ^.^

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

That's amazing. Can't wait until I can see!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks Cheesy! That's awesome that it's finally visible to the naked eye.

Does anyone know the scientific consensus re: timing of this? Earlier or later than expected? Right on time?

Guess it's time to keep our eyes on the sky to see what C/2012 S1 has in store for us.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Very very exciting. Here's to hoping ISON puts on a good show. The world needs a good distraction from everything that is going on. I know I do.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nice!

It's going to be an awesome sight if everything holds up. Given that it's mid-October, I can't wait to see it during its closest approach.

It's scheduled to make its nearest approach to the sun around Nov. 28th. - Even though that's more than a month away, new imagery from the Hubble Space Telescope shows that the comet is currently still intact.

Potentially dazzling comet ISON, still intact Hubble photo suggests

Skywatchers take heart: The potentially brilliant Comet ISON appears to be holding together thus far on its perilous journey around the sun.
Source

edit on 17-10-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

RammerJammer
Very very exciting. Here's to hoping ISON puts on a good show. The world needs a good distraction from everything that is going on. I know I do.

But not too exciting! If it's too exciting everything that's going on will be forgotten because IT will be what's going on lol!

Cheesy, I saw this a little earlier tonight and thought about posting it, but I knew you'd be along shortly with a better thread. Thanks for being our resident "ISONologist", I enjoy your ISON threads and learn a lot from them. I find ISON extremely interesting too... I'm very excited for this once in a lifetime event

Eyes to the skies everyone, incoming!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sorry to have another of your comet ISON threads destroyed, but the guy in the youtube video is simply wrong. Comet ISON is still way too faint to see by eye, and on camera like this.

Top: Screencap from the youtube video.
Bottom: The stars, with the mistaken identity arrowed.

The item he says is the comet, is in fact a star called 37 Leo.

That above picture is one from your opening post, with Regulus, 37 Leo, ISON and Mars labelled.

edit on 17-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

alfa1
Sorry to have another of your comet ISON threads destroyed, but the guy in the youtube video is simply wrong. Comet ISON is still way too faint to see by eye, and on camera like this.

Top: Screencap from the youtube video.
Bottom: The stars, with the mistaken identity arrowed.

The item he says is the comet, is in fact a star called 37 Leo.

That above picture is one from your opening post, with Regulus, 37 Leo, ISON and Mars labelled.

edit on 17-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Nice but look here sir..its from your post,

Lets see again..

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Nice cheesey! Love this stuff! .....any idea how or when it will be visible on the east coast? ( Virginia) ...thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's not ISON. This comet is going to be a massive disappointment. Absolutely impossible that it can be seen with the naked eye - and in daylight too..... I can't even see it with binoculars yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
They say it wont become visible unaided until around 3 weeks before perihelion on Nov 28th, so you're looking at about Nov 7th before favourable viewing.

Stop getting excited Cheesy and research first!! You do make some good threads 9/10 times!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And its green as can be...

Greens means Cyanide right?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

cyanogen and/or diatomic carbon

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

cheesy
Nice but look here sir..its from your post,

No, wait, hang on a second.
You cant go around labelling "mars" and "ison" onto star charts that were published years ago.

Here it is with all the STARS labelled.
As I said, because its a previously published star chart (that I've annotated for you), Mars and comet ISON simply will not be in these images.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So, Comet Ison is GREEN.... "WORMWOOD".......

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Sorry to rain on your parade Cheesy, but the author of the video is wrong. It's the star 37 Leo. ISON was in a slightly different position, and too faint to be seen with the naked eye.

Here's a screenshot from Stellarium on Oct 16th:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Arken
So, Comet Ison is GREEN.... "WORMWOOD".......

Many comets are green. Green comes from diatomic Carbon (C2) or cyanogen radical (CN). Green comets are beautiful, but harmless to us.

en.wikipedia.org...
news.nationalgeographic.co.uk...
science1.nasa.gov...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join