It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you replace government with machines?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

MystiqueAgent
This can honestly can go both ways depending on the programs used, if they would be monitored to being kept from being infected by viruses, malware and the like and especially if they aren't hacked like someone said. The thing is we would have to get people that are trustworthy to monitor them at various times and perhaps write the coding so that they can process the laws and regulations. Though perhaps if done well enough we'd be a bit better? Maybe. It depends if the machines would see the Federal Reserve as necessary or not that will give us the answer.

I see a couple of issues first off:

1.) How would these systems interpret the citizens they represent? There'd have to be continuous voting going on as they would be unable to make decisions for themselves as AI has not truly developed that far in the public domain

2.) How would they be affected by an EMP? entire system could be wiped out by a small number of humans with technology

3.) How far would the reach of these assets go? To the ability to enact WROL scenario if citizens became excessively unhappy with results they provided? What about checks and balances over the different political systems: house, senate and presidency? juidical sysetm?

4.) How would we choose people to monitor these systems? public voted official or private party? continuously changing weekly, yearly or constant for a decade or more?

As the Fed was enacted by a power hungry people, and not a necessity for a government, it should be unlikely to continue as it is unnecessary for the people and currently balloons the economy to a breaking point financially

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

kingofyo1

MystiqueAgent
This can honestly can go both ways depending on the programs used, if they would be monitored to being kept from being infected by viruses, malware and the like and especially if they aren't hacked like someone said. The thing is we would have to get people that are trustworthy to monitor them at various times and perhaps write the coding so that they can process the laws and regulations. Though perhaps if done well enough we'd be a bit better? Maybe. It depends if the machines would see the Federal Reserve as necessary or not that will give us the answer.

1.) How would these systems interpret the citizens they represent? There'd have to be continuous voting going on as they would be unable to make decisions for themselves as AI has not truly developed that far in the public domain

2.) How would they be affected by an EMP? entire system could be wiped out by a small number of humans with technology

3.) How far would the reach of these assets go? To the ability to enact WROL scenario if citizens became excessively unhappy with results they provided? What about checks and balances over the different political systems: house, senate and presidency? juidical sysetm?

4.) How would we choose people to monitor these systems? public voted official or private party? continuously changing weekly, yearly or constant for a decade or more?

As the Fed was enacted by a power hungry people, and not a necessity for a government, it should be unlikely to continue as it is unnecessary for the people and currently balloons the economy to a breaking point financially

Yeah that just adds on more fuel to the fire I'm just saying that in terms of this going through there needs to be a LOT of investment and time put into it to even make it a worthwhile venture, so just saying that ultimately it will take a lot.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
I think we'd actually get things accomplished. Who's going to write the bills though?

anyone could submit a public bill either local or general
it could be publicly scrutinized, complete conversation and discussion had, voted on by end users.

once ratified it would be publicly posted to each device. the entire voting process would be visible.
the new item would appear on peoples tax form, enabling them to allocate a percentage.

then the service provider level would provision the assigned monies to enforce, or deliver the legislated act.

obviously this entire process would need to be refined dissected and documented but that would essentially get it done for this conversation

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

kingofyo1

MystiqueAgent

unlike the OP i wouldnt put it into automate mode. i think it is our responsibility to make sure the system is monitored by us.
i would liek to see a reduction in the work week to allow more time for family life and for actions pertaining to running of governance.

however, im not a money guy.

establishing a foundation for sound and difficult to corrupt monetary policy is something i cant do.
id like to see other come forward with sound ideas for that. i certainly would comment when i had the understanding to. i would not want to see any direct democracy eroded by bad monetary situations

i also thing many things should be taken out of private hands and back into the public interest. utilities like fuel power, gas, heating and cooling. mining. especially mining. having a small group of people profit from raping resources from future generations! that money should be used to better society for all, not just shareholders and their kids!!

but of course, this is a crowd sourced government so ultimately it may evolve in a way i cannot influence.
as long as its true to itself, i don't think i'll mind
edit on 10-20-13 by okamitengu because: didn't actually type anything!!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I believe most all of us would love to see a system as you are describing! Hell, I'd love to not have to work 80 hours a week (6 12's) just to be able to provide a reasonable income to live off of, but I doubt I'll see that in my lifetime. As its been said many times in the past and will many times in the future, he(or she) who has the money, has the power, and he with no money is powerless! The corruption occurring in the private trade market of energy, of economics and of politics is near impossible to slow down, let alone halt altogether. If we are to fix it so our children to screw up again, we're going to have to get to work fast! I just wish I know how :'(

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

kingofyo1

MystiqueAgent

1.) How would these systems interpret the citizens they represent? There'd have to be continuous voting going on as they would be unable to make decisions for themselves as AI has not truly developed that far in the public domain.

Ai has came a long way. AI's in the future aided with quantum dots/quibits or even quantum(spin eigenstates) spintronics based computation they would be several times smarter than humans. They can even self correct themselves maybe evolve their code over time complete with simulated emotions to interface better with humans.

shield them with a electromagnetic barrier like a faraday cage or lead,tin.

The house,senate and president are all machines and are represented by a hologram avatar. They are programmed to follow the constitution to the letter.

Local individuals that are elected by the local districts to monitor them. All updates and changes are public. All activity near the machines are monitored by the public to prevent tampering with the code/hardware.

Revoke the federal reserve's charter with the US. Let the states and the US treasury create their own currency

Why not have corporation ran by machines and fire most of the executives.

Save the shareholders a little money.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

You sir deserve more stars and flags than I can post for providing clear concise answers to the questions postulated! I would be 100% alright if every single one of those scenarios was followed to the T and no more amendments added to the constitution, and all the excess spending and healthcare crap was removed from the taxation state we have become

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well then whoever develops/manufactures the machines obviously controls the government.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SparkOfSparks6

I would believe because of this fact, there would need to be multiple manufacturer's machines online at any one point to avoid any such incidents that may arise from monopolizing the production

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

kingofyo1

I believe most all of us would love to see a system as you are describing! Hell, I'd love to not have to work 80 hours a week (6 12's) just to be able to provide a reasonable income to live off of, but I doubt I'll see that in my lifetime. As its been said many times in the past and will many times in the future, he(or she) who has the money, has the power, and he with no money is powerless! The corruption occurring in the private trade market of energy, of economics and of politics is near impossible to slow down, let alone halt altogether. If we are to fix it so our children to screw up again, we're going to have to get to work fast! I just wish I know how :'(

we dont have to have the whole solution, we just have to each contribute part part of it.
it might be impossible, but if i go to the grave and haven't even tried, that when i have failed my children.
and their children...

we only fail if we dont try. everything else will start the ideas flowing out into the world

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Well we're developing a backbone for this scenario just by speaking to eachother in public forum about it! Now its just a matter of figuring out how to get it off the ground! Sometimes, I really hate being broke without billions to spend to create something such as this :'(

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

i have ideas for that too!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

okamitengu
reply to post by kingofyo1

i have ideas for that too!

im all ears!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You are already the machine, so to speak, of which is capable of governing itself.

The key is to advance your mechanization to a point where power and corruption is no longer an option and to say it is human nature is to admit defeat.

What is your nature is only perception.

Reorient your perception.
edit on 21-10-2013 by InfinitePerspective because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

OK that is pretty deep, but definitely makes sense!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

InfinitePerspective

You are already the machine, so to speak, of which is capable of governing itself.

The key is to advance your mechanization to a point where power and corruption is no longer an option and to say it is human nature is to admit defeat.

What is your nature is only perception.

Reorient your perception.
edit on 21-10-2013 by InfinitePerspective because: (no reason given)

Good point infiniteperspective.

What if we interface with the machine government at the cellular level?

Think about having nanomachines inside your body used as a second immune system or anticancer system.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

good luck getting that past the mark of the beast crowd!

lol

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Good point.

Accept we proclaiming anyone to be the "replacement Christ" or another messiah.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The top elite would never go for it.
It is not just politicians but those in the Banking Sector and Big Corporations want to keep the ability to buy influence in order to have an advantage in the market place over everyone else.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

AS long as the machines are built on Non-union production lines? I'm cool with that! Not at like Chrysler were the employees booze it up and toke it up on lunch break, and then go install the brakes in your minivan, and then get caught, and then get fired, and then get FORCIBLY re-hired because the unions says they're great guys, as you stomp on your brakes, get nothing, and drive off a cliff (Like all democrats want the rest of the human race to do! the party of tolerance my a$$ it's the party of Stalin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join