It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: ‘The Walking Dead’ brainwashes viewers to participate in New World Order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place mods, please move if needed.

I believe there is a conspiracy to create the NWO. However I don't believe that one of my favorite TV shows is complicit in helping the elites gain their nefarious goal. Apparently this is not true at that bastion of starched underwear Fox News.

Fox News: ‘The Walking Dead’ brainwashes viewers ‘to participate in this new world order’

The senior managing editor for Health News at the Fox News Channel warned on Thursday that AMC’s hit Zombie television series The Walking Dead was not only “hurting American society,” it was inspiring viewers to “participate in this new world order.”

“Even more specifically, zombie violence. The idea of a zombie-infested world inspires fantasies of monsters possessed by an uncontrollable rage to kill, and viewers get a thrill imagining what it would be like to participate in this new world order.”

“With this country heading towards a socialized system of government, in which officials don’t want you to think or focus on what is important for your own personal growth, I’m sure they’re more than happy to let you obsess over something as stupid as zombies.”

And Alvarez cautioned that those who failed to heed his advice could “ultimately become the zombie.

Hurting American society and inspiring viewers to participate in this new world order? What??

From what I see TWD shows people becoming self sufficient and surviving on their own with help from the nanny state (or pretty much anyone else.) Maybe Fox doesn't like that?

What say you ATS? NWO plot or wacko senior managing editor? I vote wacko.

Got to go work on my crossbow now.

ETA - I get it that he said "this NWO" and not "the NWO" but at Fox I figured they think everything is "the NWO" regardless of specific qualifiers.

edit on 098pm2424pm82013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

edit on 099pm4545pm82013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe they are mad they are losing their zombies to the walking dead. Because anyone who follows Fox news and believes their crap is a zombie to begin with. Fair and balanced as long as you tilt to their political stance. Brains is what a lot of people at Fox needs to get.
edit on 17-10-2013 by silverflame because: duh can't spell.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In other news we have a series of articles talking about how The Walking Dead promotes decentralized government vs. the CDC's version that promotes trusting authority:

Part 1: Zombie Apocalypse in a ‘DC’ Comic
Part 2: The Walking Dead and a Refuge from the Modern State
Part 3: The Economics of Apocalypse: A Tale of Two C.D.C.’s

I recommend reading all three, much more interesting than some Faux News hit piece.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Eh, Walking Dead is a boring soap opera. Can't stand this modern zombie crap. The only good zombies are Romero zombies. It was originally NOT a virus, but radiation that brought ANY and EVERY dead back to life. I'm a zombie purist.

edit on 10/17/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

And they tell me there are just as many crazy things said by liberals on a weekly basis...

:/

Fox News -- Fair & Balanced Insanity.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well you know what they say, crazy has no political affiliation. Apparently zombies do.

Still, I for one would welcome a zombie apocalypse if just to get rid of centralized governments, bankers, Fox News and... (oh please god) MSNBC.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by Bassago

Eh, Walking Dead is a boring soap opera. Can't stand this modern zombie crap. The only good zombies are Romero zombies. It was originally NOT a virus, but radiation that brought ANY and EVERY dead back to life. I'm a zombie purist.

edit on 10/17/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

When it comes to Zombies Night of the living Dead is the best.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Listening to any of the news leads me to the definition (Einstein's) of insanity ! Whether it's CNN or Fox or whatever MSM news, it's arguing, ranting and hurried bits of information all skewed to the folks watching. But just as Albert says, I keep doing it again and again , hoping for a different result.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by Bassago

Listening to any of the news leads me to the definition (Einstein's) of insanity ! Whether it's CNN or Fox or whatever MSM news, it's arguing, ranting and hurried bits of information all skewed to the folks watching. But just as Albert says, I keep doing it again and again , hoping for a different result.

Fox appears to be leading on the TV polls whatever that's worth so they probably think they're on the right track. They do have a pretty good zombie following though.

Here's one of my favorite (NWO) zombie flicks from the UK. I think it was originally a 5 part mini-series.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
In other news we have a series of articles talking about how The Walking Dead promotes decentralized government vs. the CDC's version that promotes trusting authority:

Part 1: Zombie Apocalypse in a ‘DC’ Comic
Part 2: The Walking Dead and a Refuge from the Modern State
Part 3: The Economics of Apocalypse: A Tale of Two C.D.C.’s

I recommend reading all three, much more interesting than some Faux News hit piece.

Thanks Krazyshot, saved me from linking!

It is pretty funny, they ought to know (or apparently they do) that Walking Dead has a distinct anti-statist agenda.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I never saw the show as nothing more than a horror film, I love it and enjoy watching it, but I also enjoy Psych, Ghost hunters, Ghost mine, paranormal witness and many other in the same category.

And I hate the NWO still. he,he.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Couldn't agree more...that movie is a CLASSIC! I staggered home from a night of partying one Saturday back in 1989 and found this movie playing on some channel. I lay there hooked from start to finish. Still one of my all time favorite films.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I can NOT imagine anything more awesome than if TWD really happened.

The best hope for freedom in its true form. level playing field.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

dead set was really awesome. I could watch maybe 1,000 more hours of that show..lol

my favorite was day of the dead .. Mena Suvari fills out cammies better than anyone..

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You know, beside the jokes and the comments on the program, I seriously think that the problems with Fox is jealousy from the popularity of the show that may be eating on their own ratings.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think what this guy says should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's not like people actually WANT a zombie apocalypse.
And furthermore, what is there to worry about?

How stupid does this guy have to be to believe that such a fantasy
has anything to do with what is going on in government today?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

the typical FOX viewer fears the Z.A. most. They are the ones least physically likely to do much as they are mostly old or sedentary baby boomer desk ranger federal employees.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Right and you would never have a naked dude chewing a guys face off in Miami....oops Rudy.
Never mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Bassago

You know, beside the jokes and the comments on the program, I seriously think that the problems with Fox is jealousy from the popularity of the show that may be eating on their own ratings.

Yep, Fox gets devoured by The Walking Dead.

reply to post by projectvxn

I think what this guy says should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's not like people actually WANT a zombie apocalypse.

Zombies don't like salt but everyone I know wants a Zombie Apocalypse.

ETA - But nobody I knows wants the NWO.
edit on 205pm3131pm102013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Hi HanzHenry,

I would rather survive a pandemic than live in a land of walking dead trying to eat everything alive. Let the dead stay dead.

FYI, I am a Walking Dead fan! Love that show

Respectfully,
Yesterdaysreality

top topics

<<   2 >>

join