It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the events following EBT glitch for a single day has made me realize shall happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What I saw: In the streets of downtown Long Beach, CA I saw about 100 people blocking a busy two-way avenue (Cherry Ave) which connects Signal Hill & Long Beach Eastside, singing the national anthem and conducting rap sessions and gospel-like pep rallying with periodic screams and yells, much of them loaded with frustration, misery, and little happiness other than being angry together.

What I realize: If just a single Saturday can illicit a response, then how much graver a response would be a 2 day EBT lockdown? A week lockdown? A month? Still yet, I dont see front steps of homes and apt complex any emptier durin the day; I dont see any indication of these miserable angry public assistance recipients taking the extra initiative to actually get up and look for a job and get off living off the shrinking working, significantly taxfunding class.

I am thus led to believe that this 1/3 of America on apparently permanent public assistance is at the mercy of and to remain fully dependent on their nation, even amist of government shutdown, and not ever on their own.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

With the food stamp program among others being shut down in November in a state a little east of here, a lot of people may be more than hungry very soon.

There's talk from the White House about ending the sequester.
That's talk I hear that alludes to instilling some false sense of hope that the prop-up system will be maintainable at all next year.
What I'm getting from this instead is that Social Security, Medicare and the rest of the core programs are going to be looted out in the open-- instead of just getting dipped into.

A flag and star from an old one, soon to be cut completely into the snow in two weeks... my experience is seven to ten years ahead of the curve and you don't want to be me right now.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It will be one hell of a bad day when the EBT is stopped!
We did have a good heads up for that scenario.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It was a test

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

I agree it was a test. But for who?? Was it to gauge the reaction of EBT recipients, or us, or both? lol Think about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Honestly the system is not capable of maintaining its current path of lifelong subsidization.

When the foundation cracks, I want to be as far away from urban areas a humanly possible. By the end of the first day stores will be looted and shelves will be bare. By day three there will be riots of unstoppable magnitude, fires will break out and there will be chaos. By day five you'll have 10,000+ homicides in EVERY major metropolitan area as people begin creating their own fiefdoms. Lastly, by the end of a week and with all looted food having been gorged, people will be eating each other.

This outcome is unavoidable and certain. The local, state and federal governments have whored out the taxpayers to the multi-generational eaters and breeders that are of no value to society. These creatures are nothing but a voting bloc that votes for whomever promises to feed their bellies, wallets, or habits.

section 8 riot

And this riot was only over applying for benefits. And I'm pretty sure in the audio I can faintly hear, "Braaaaains.."
edit on 17-10-2013 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Beecee21
reply to post by Q33323

I agree it was a test. But for who?? Was it to gauge the reaction of EBT recipients, or us, or both? lol Think about it.

If you were to conduct an experiment, wouldn't you conduct said experiment to gauge the reaction of all possible parties that could potentially affect the outcome of said experiment?

The EBT outage was most certainly a dry run (experiment) of what will eventually become a real scenario.

I was a bit shocked to see how quickly chaos ensued. I'm sure those who conducted the experiment were as well. I'm also fairly certain they were quite pleased to see that their plans for creating a dependent class of people ready to erupt in violence within such a short period of time has been successful beyond their initial calculations.

Make no mistake, when EBT cards go silent, complete anarchy is three days away - TOPS.

Henry Kissinger (spit) said it best:

"Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world."

Hmm, let's see. All of the above are completely controlled by those who are hell bent on enslaving us.

How do you figure their experiment will ultimately end?

(Please note that those who prepare and store items to weather the shutdown of Henry's list are demonized)
edit on 17-10-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is what makes me think the 'bug out bag' people are nuts. They all seem to think they can just get a jump start on the city crazees, leave town, go to some forest somewhere and hide with their BOBs and supplies until the riffraff are no longer an issue. It really cannot work that way except for some very skilled individuals who would have been at home in a real life version of Jeremiah Johnson.

People are going to have to grow their own food locally as much as possible, cooperate socially, scale down their luxuries to necessities, and hope for the best. Anyone not able to do that will be rounded up and shot like animals, or worse.

And please investigate The Zeitgeist Movement for a possible answer to our current, laughable, economic system. It replaces pure greed and constant 'growth' on a finite planet with a resource based economy that would provide for all; the luxury part would be when you no longer need to fear your neighbors, because the system itself isn't making criminals of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Beecee21
reply to post by Q33323

All of the above.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

That show you that the government have half of the population held by their balls, sadly as the biggest employer, welfare and social services provider in the nation they control about everybody around in one way or the other.

top topics

join