It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone near Tampa, FL see the Object below Venus? (Possibly Saturn)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone can see this object. My cousin and mom were just outside and noticed it and looked at it through our binoculars. It looks like it's changing colors very rapidly but we didn't think a tower could be up that high.

Just wanted to login (read the site daily) and see if I could get a second look and opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Polymath

I'm in Riverview here and I can see it. I believe its a star and it sparkles because of the reflection from the atmosphere. I could be wrong, but I think that is why it sparkles.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have seen it when it is not cloudy, which has been OFTEN. It's SO pretty! I saw it through our cheap telescope tonight and I could see the blue/red colors. Also, I viewed it around 7PM EST (I'm in Daytona Beach) and it was like a little half-moon.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That would be the star by the name of Antares:

(image from Sky and Telescope)

Antares is a supergiant star located about 550 light years from Earth, and is the 16th brightest star in the night sky. You can read more about Antares here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit to add: Obviously the location of Antares compared to Venus may be slightly different depending on the time viewed. And this image is for tomorrow as well. The link I posted has an image for yesterday's location of Antares.

edit on 17-10-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'm in Ocala and been watching it for days.
think its a star but very cool colors, flashing.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've been seeing it here in southern California for the last few weeks; it's spectacular.

Antares is supposed to be famous for changing colors like that, but darned if I've ever noticed it before. Of course, until lately I was living in cloudy purgatory/ hell. I'm telling ya', I'm starting to like this whole California, every day is blue sky day, weather...

If it's 550 light years away, we're seeing it today as it looked back in 1563....How cool is that!?

And it's so big, if it were put in the place of our sun it would be as big as out to the orbit of Mars/Jupiter.
edit on 17-10-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I`m in north of england and i`ve noticed this for a couple of weeks when am out with my dogs in the early hours. I think it is Antares. Even though am in the UK????

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

C21H30O2I

I'm in Ocala and been watching it for days.
think its a star but very cool colors, flashing.

I am next to Naples FL , and have been watching it for the last few days. I have no information to shed any more light to this subject.

top topics

join