It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landed flying saucers from earlier today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Woody, is this the area where you took the images?

Sanc'.
edit:jpg

Sorry about the quality, these parks are in Sth Harrow

[edit on 17-11-2004 by sanctum]

[edit on 17-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Your quote;
"We are trying to look for the mundane explaination before leaping to the fantastic."

I wasn't suggesting that you, or anyone else for that matter, should buy everything
you see, yet I sense that some people are awfully quick in finding grounds for dismissal
and that I find mildly offensive.I get the impression that some people already made
up their minds, subsequently I wonder what the use is in beginning a discussion at all
when the outcome is already fixed.
In the last 5 years I've contributed on a number of discussion boards dealing with
Aliens and UFOs and I must say that this ATS board, in general, doesn't excell in
openmindedness.If you want to research a claim by requesting additional information
then that's only fair but people should have some patience before they judge or
at least wait until every bit of information is availible.

Even from your quote I can gather that normal/mundane explanations reside higher
on the list then accepting the authenticity of a certain picture.Meaning that you
proceed first on the basis of denial and then try to establish if it's the real thing.The
latter is presumably mighty hard since no doubt, a list of criteria needs to be met.
Right?

Regards,
TerraX

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
and if you are able to, make every attempt possible to kill or capture one...

I would be willing to pay you a very large bounty.

Do you think it's possible that the herbs are attracting them?

Hopefully you are smoking some quality bud...

cheers

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Honestly, these pics don't look like much of anything. Infact the first thing I thought when I saw them was that they were trailers with little windows and lights on inside. Nothing here screams 'ufo'

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
THIS means that the cloaking devise they use only works on our line of site, NOT on our cameras or camera phones!

And why in the world would this be? These cameras don't have magic powers. Or rather, this one did, because he said he shot it in 'night mode'. Thats why everythign is greenish and the strong lights are very bright.

WHOA! this is SERIOUSLY AMAZING!

Its an extremely low quality camera phone picture of some stuff. Its hardly 'amazing'. He heard a sound. Alien propulsion device, or electrical power generator?

I'd like to know if there were other sightings in the air at that time and in that area. England is generally at the same lattitude as newfoundland (roughly anyways). I imagine that this time of year, at around 7 at night, in an unlit park, it can be pretty dark. Its not as if he could see regular stuff, and then this stuff turned up on the camera. Also, a camera phone lets you instantly see what you took a picture of, its how they work, you snap a shot, it pops up on the screen, how long of a delay is the pic taker saying was there? He should've seen immediately what he was taking photos of, not not find out until later, no?

Take other kinds of cameras to and see if you get a better shot on something else.......

A film camera will not work under these conditions. However, he could get infra red 35mm film, which will, well, develop IR pics, which may or may not be useful.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE VIDEO

A video should be working the same way no?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
to me this looks fake but who know if this is a real pic who knows only you know

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sorry to seem harsh, I do think some of the comments were premature, but I think we Adults sometimes forget how easily young people are intimidated and I could see it evolving into that and concerned he may not contribute anymore to this thread by getting an inferiority complex.
It could be lots of things, i.e. a house thing, a lamp thing, THE REAL THING!
Maybe its not a UFO? But hoax may be a bit harsh with this one anyway
And your right thats what drives all our interest. It will come out, Im just saying can we give the authors of these post a little bit more space?
Its not everyone, I dont want to anger anyone, but some of us could stand to work with and and have a little more patcience(spelling) with the authors of new material, especially in this nature.

I Know we have been hoaxed to death thats what makes us instantly on the defensive but as a believer you are forced to take the first slap BUT
In the end the truth will come out ! I beleive this one has potential

THE TRUTH IS UP THERE

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It has been said before but thanks for the daytime pics. It gives us some kind of context in which to now review the first images. It's much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have heard that some cameras catch this stuff better than others, Does anyone know which Models?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
How good is the weed where you live? Next time invite me! I wish I could witness something like that while i'm baked.

The pics are very interesting and I would like to see the video you speak of.
Where is all the debunkers now that there is no parking lot for cars to be parked?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
To begin, I am not surprised that people would jump on byrd for being sceptical, but Gazrok? Gazrok the alien hunter? Gazrok the UFO beleiver? its laughable to pretend that gazrok is close minded and reactionary on the issue.

Moving on, I just wanted to post a few thoughts about this

1. Its obvious that this is an empty field, from the daytime photos. There is nothing in it that can account for these objects. Even the house is too far in the background to be one of them, assuming the daylight shot is taken from under the same tree
  2. What about that house? Anyone live there who heard the humming sound? What if they saw strange lights that night, or several nights before in the sky, would be worth finding out what house it is anyway
  3. I am unclear as to what the OP saw when he heard the noise. Nothing becuase it was pitch black, or did he see the poorly light but obviously empty field?
  4. There are multiple light sources in the night photo, not all associated with the obects, why aren't they in the daylight shot?
  5. IF the objects are 'cloaked', then why are they showing up on a camera phone? It registers and records visible light, not penetrates cloaking devices. If the objects are projecting a weird radiation that makes them cloaked, perhaps it could register on the phone, but not as 'clear' objects. These phones aredesigned to pick up visible light, they shouldn't be picking up stuff off their intended spectrum, let alone alien transmissions of unknown types of radiation.
  6. there are several major light sources behind the objects in the night shot, what is this all about, why weren't they visible
  7. why are the objects all so different, some with windows others without, and all with different shapes? Object B looks like Object A without windows (windows on spaceship?) but C and D are completely different from eachother and A and B. I can almost picture it actually as a train, with different car types running on a track. Obviously tho there are no tracks in the field daylight photo.

I do -not- think that the OP is commiting fraud. I don't think that at all. I think that there are really only two likely probabilities here. One is that the photos are of genuinely strange objects, the other that they are mistaken mundane objects. Either way, I see no reason, on the face of it, to think that the OP is lying about the events that happened. It really doesn't look like there is anything that could be these things, which certainly look like they are pretty close to the Op and his friend (on his left right, cuz you gotta pass it to the left right?). But, again, I am very unclear as to what was visible. If he say an empty feild at night, and the pics show these objects, then something very interesting is going on.

Now, unfortunately, its not 'proof' of very much of anything. Because pics like these can be faked. Again, nothign anyone has been able to see has indicated that they are, especially in that header analysis, but even that doesn't conclusively demonstrate that they weren't edited no? Just that they were made into jpgs directly from a source right? Couldn't that source be an editing program, or couldn't they be edited, uploaded to the phone and then downloaded and converted into jpgs? Or some similiar sequence? Anyway, like I was saying, grainy photos from a pot smoking 16 year old who stays up until nearly 2 in the morning reading conspiracy websites on a schoolnight aren't going to be 'proof' in the traditional sense. But, again, given that he is telling the truth, then there is really something interesting going on here.

Also, I am looking at the shots again, and, this is not the same angle. The daylight shot and the nightme shots, the far backgrounds are different, the daylight shows a thick line of trees, the tree line in the nighttime photo appears to be much more sparse and variable. Maybe this means he was under a different tree or something tho.

After all that, I would like to let the OP know that there is a forum designed especially for directly uploading camera phone pics. I think one sends the pic to a particular number or something. They might like to try it. To be clear, I have no problem with the pics being in this forum. But they did say they had a little bit of troubles hosting the pics initially.

Finally, I would like to see some other nighttime pics from under the same tree at the same time.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Where is all the debunkers now that there is no parking lot for cars to be parked?

Ok maybe not cars but bets are on that its the lights from the houses.

I havent seen any posts trying to debunk these images, most people are merely trying to explain what these images could show, if woody wants and explanation then some members are giving him suggestions on what the lights could be.

Looking at the night and day time images i think its fairly safe to assume that for now the lights are from the houses/aircraft etc.

Highly doubt flying saucers have landed here, if something strange happened that night around that area im sure some other people would have reported something.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Even from your quote I can gather that normal/mundane explanations reside higher
on the list then accepting the authenticity of a certain picture.Meaning that you
proceed first on the basis of denial and then try to establish if it's the real thing.The
latter is presumably mighty hard since no doubt, a list of criteria needs to be met.
Right?

The only "criteria" for me is which makes more sense, and fits the circumstances. Take for example, the Coast Guard pic a few pages back. I'm still willing to leave that one FIRMLY in the "unexplained" category. There are many things it "could" be, but none seem to "fit" perfectly. On the other pics, such as the weather station, I've seen weather balloons, and given that it's RIGHT AT a weather station, this is certainly far more plausible, so for me it's in the "likely explaination" category. Same with the pic with the lens flare...seen that many times, so again, in "likely explaination" category. So far, this case with the field is in "likely explaination" category for me, that's all. I do not doubt the poster's sincerity, but I think it's a misinterpretation. Perhaps another shot of the area, from the same vantage point, at night will clear it up, perhaps not.

I should clarify that I AM a believer. There is more than enough credible witness testimony, unexplained photos and videos (including gun camera footage from military planes), and credible documentation to support that we are not alone, and that we are being visited, not to mention my one and only mass sighting as a child. But, this field is SO rife with deliberate fraud and observer error, that many look for the mundane first, before leaping to the fantastic. Only when the mundane explainations can be easily dismissed, can we then consider it fully "unexplained".

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
to that dude who said he finks im lyin about wat happened, i aint. believe me or not, dont matter to me.
I know that some of the lights in the pic are from houses, i thought that would be a bit obvious seein tho thers houses in the day pics...
and to that comment about not noticing wat was in the pics at first, i did but could not see anything. I then noticed wen i was at home. did i mention that a mate down the road rung me about half an hour after i got home saying he could see 3 "stars" that were in his words "wobbling"? sorry if i didnt i cant be arsed to look through the posts
I will post anything else i get, and if someone can help me put some videos on here ill show u the lights in the sky we saw
oh yer, my names woodsy...not woody

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey Woody
No one is saying they dont believe you.

I see hundreds of "stars" every night that seem to "wobble".

If you could kindly take night vision pic from your mobile again,(you could actually do it tonight as its dark in England right now) post them on ATS and then we can be more clear on whats supposed to be there and whats not.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xu
I visit ATS for about 2 years, didn't feel the need to register until today so I could post my findings about the issue.

As far as I can tell these are genuine;

First to re-visualize the photos and name the elements in it, I made two composite images;.............

.............is the first fascinating thing that occurred? What can you do. Such unexplained things are as you can guess from its name are the things which has no definition therefore they can be anything and therefore nothing. Everybody will forget, there will be something new. Even if thousand people witnessed such an event. nothing. They will still be a thousand people in some other place on earth who witnessed something, in the eyes of the rest 6 billion people. Unbelievable things always happen. people got killed without reason. whole world witnesses it. So what. Things will be forgotten. so on so forth.

Have you ever heard of a hex editor?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
but do all stars dissapear after a while? dont fink so...
well the #s here so ya'll can decide wat u believe. all i know is that they freak me out. dont know if im gonna be going there at night anymore, but if i do ill be sure to take my mobile...

i dont think i cleared up the question about WHY i took the pics. well last week i was in some abandoned offices above a burger king, after taking some pics i noticed some lights that wernt there before, ill post 2 here that got my attention...

We made a torch so we could see where we were going, i took this photo of my mate deciding to call it "louis in a cave", this is at the back of burger king where there are no lights as the offices there have been empty for a while...the light on the far right wasnt there before...

this is in the office we use to smoke in, the light next to his face wasnt there before, there is also another pic taken jus before of the same light in a different possition but is curved.

This is why i took the pics

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

We made a torch so we could see where we were going, i took this photo of my mate deciding to call it "louis in a cave", this is at the back of burger king where there are no lights as the offices there have been empty for a while...the light on the far right wasnt there before...

The light on the far right could easily be a lens flare or reflection of some kind.

And about that little light next to the lads face that looks like some kind of lightning, well that looks like a reflection from either the persons mobile/camera who took the image.

Or whatever is in the hand of the person who is seen in the photo.

It maybe possible that a mini-ufo felt hungry one day, found signs of burger king on our planet and because it takes so long for them to travel from their planet they arrived and burger king is there no more

Poor fellas.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

To begin, I am not surprised that people would jump on byrd for being sceptical, but Gazrok? Gazrok the alien hunter? Gazrok the UFO beleiver? its laughable to pretend that gazrok is close minded and reactionary on the issue.

EDIT: Doh! I entirely misread this, sorry, hehe...but the below should still help

Just merely pointing out the possible and plausible. There is still the issue of the reported sightings to factor in as well. Unfortunately, the admitted use of a narcotic does little to bolster the sighting portion of this case.

I'm not close-minded on this case, but right now, the evidence is leaning more towards the house lights, for me at least. As for the brightness of the lights, when you amplify the light like that, that's what you see. I get it all the time when I use the Kodak photo software that came with my digital camera, and I try to lighten up a night image...same effect.

I don't think the poster is trying to hoax anything deliberately, so if I haven't made that clear, I'll do so again...
The best thing to do would be to get another night pic of the exact same vantage point, same camera, etc.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the daylight photos for reference as well as some ground shots. Hard to tell anything from the ground shots, but there was not any major burns or anything done to the grass. Clearly there is something in the evening photo though we don't know what. I recommend you continue using that place as your smoke haven and keep a good camera on you. Maybe you will get lucky again. Thanks for the post.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join