It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landed flying saucers from earlier today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
No I don't because I am not debunking. I am saying that if he has this great new and undeniable proof, take it to a higher source. Take it the worlds attention. Let us see the evidence and examine it.

All he said was that he had these pictures. Everyone else is somehow claiming they are undeniable proof or not. They're pictures of weird shapes at night, the poster has claimed nothing more. Could be he's screwing with the crazies at ATS, could be he's simply curious.

[edit on 11-16-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Please keep us informed Woodsyboy. A few of us actually listen and ask questions because we have enquiring minds. I'd love to see more. Keep up the good work...stoned or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've been following this thread and what a fine display of
scepticism at its best.Instead of doing research for
yourselves, you asked to be spoon-fed while sitting down
on a lazy chair, next you spit it out because it's not your
taste and ask for something else.
What are you sceptics doing here? Are you researching
this topic, Aliens and UFOs, or are you trying to ease
your mind by denial?

TerraX

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm quite impressed by the photos, and also by the great work on the photos by xu.

I'm still curious about a few things though...:
1. Who exactly, except you and the few friend(s?) you mention, know about those alleged landings? (media, parents, other friends,...)
2. How frequented is that park at night? Is it a common "rendez-vous" for smokers?
3. Is there another easily reached location from which you could observe those from another angle of view?
4. Has there been any history of UFOs in the vicinity? (I could find nothing...)

Thank you for keeping us informed, great find if real!!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
All he said was that he had these pictures. Everyone else is somehow claiming they are undeniable proof or not. They're pictures of weird shapes at night, the poster has claimed nothing more. Could be he's screwing with the crazies at ATS, could be he's simply curious.[edit on 11-16-2004 by Esoterica]

You are absolutely correct. This is one of the reasons some people don't like to start threads. Even if you are just posting information, not stating one way or the other if you agree or disagree, believe or don't believe, it is assumed that you support/agree/believe what you are posting. Sometimes we just want to know what other people think because we haven't decided yet for ourselves and are in need of input.

Woodseyboy...I can't say for sure what these objects are but I can tell you what my reactions to the pictures have been. My first thought was "It looks like someone took a picture of a magazine page". But then I know nothing about cameras and digital images. I guess, from what others have said here, the quality is the result of night mode and the fact that the cam is from a cell phone. Then when I saw the objects outlined by Xu I thought objects A and B seem farther away than C and therefore may be much larger than they appear. They look like RV's to me. This would exlpain the lights in the side of A and why A and B have the same shapes. Object C appers to me to be quite a bit closer to the camera, therefore probably much smaller than A and B. Perhaps a picnic table with a cloth over it or some other object I am not familiar with. Object D appears to me to be a composite. The top part looks to me to be the top of a far away tree and the botom appears to be something closer to the camera although I am not sure what. I think the night mode and poor quality of the image contribute to our inability to tell what the distance of the objects to the camera is. Honestly, I could be way off and these could be legitimate photos of UFOs, which is not to say that if they aren't photos of a UFO you are enacting a hoax. I just wanted to give you an objective view of what the photo seems to portray to me. Not sure if this will help or not. I would very much like to see daylight photos of this area myself.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Okay, they are cool photos when the story is added, but there's really nothing there see. So, the well put together story whether real,made up, or imagined is what makes the photos.

In the end though there's nothing there, but a good story & some photos that can't prove anything.

Personally I have a hard time believing it and they could just as well be some kind of parked military convoy as they could be flying saucers. If nothing else it's good entertainment and I see no reason to attack this guys story at this point.

BTW - the best part is you didn't see it with your naked eyes, only the ccd device captured the data to allow you to see it later. I think everyone can relate to that a bit as we've all taken photo where we see things later that we didn't see at the time - most of the time they just ruin the photos, but in your case they made em.

If you are hoaxing us I hope you tell us at some point.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Please get a real camera and take some more pictures. Also take some daylight photos of the ground where the saucers appeared to be. Check for burns or indentations from a weight source. Can't tell anything at this point.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Someone comes on ATS making unbelievable claims, they provide some evidence (or a very believable story), and their fiction-like claims start to gain a sense of truth to it.

People began to post and then we have what is known as the 'Great Divide':

One person runs on the playing field and throws the 'BS' flag claiming they've found a flaw in the story/photo. They become the leader of a group of ATSers that disbelieve the post. Everyone that sides with the 'BS' claim begins to pick apart and analyze every aspect of the claim.
- What were you doing at this time? Last post you were a few minutes off, why?
- Why did you come on ATS to post this? You just signed up yesterday?
- Why don�t you post more evidence? Why don�t you use a better camera?
- Why does this appear here and not there?
- Why were you at the place? Why you? Why? Why?

These people, believe it or not, become the majority. They are labelled as skeptics by the other group. Let's call them the 'believers'

The believers will side by the author in the face of adversity. They want to believe so they find reasons to believe. They began to develop an emotional attachment to the initial author. They defend him from the 'BS' claimers. The author begins to take on the role of the underdog, and the believers know this. Therefore they become underdogs in the process. The believers become the minority.

This phenomenon happens all the time. Look at the case of John Tosti, John Titor, Whispers (RATS), The guy that claimed there was an office ghost next to him, The school kid with the 20 minute ufo sighting, Emilys Orbs, The guy that claimed there was a ghost staring at him...etc. It occurs in all these post.

What is there to do? We debunk the hell out of the author or believe him/her too much and we scare them away. Happens all the time. And it will probably end up happening in this thread.

I need a drink.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What are you sceptics doing here? Are you researching
this topic, Aliens and UFOs, or are you trying to ease
your mind by denial?

We are trying to look for the mundane explaination before leaping to the fantastic.

What's more believable? that the pics are of the silhouettes of cars in a parking lot of the park or of flying saucers setting down in a public park?. Until we see some daytime pics of the same area, one can't conclude anything one way or the other....but logic is certainly leaning towards the former.

Different pic...

Did anyone else notice this was taken through a pain of glass, the lights could be from behind the camera.

Could very well be, there are a variety of objects it (the "floating" object) could be...a bug on the window, dirt on the window, a part of a power line (with the line itself obscured by contrast), etc. or as I suggested, reflections or glare off the cars below. Still, it's a strange enough effect for me to consider it as "unexplained", as opposed to the other photos.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
first things first, i dont giv 2 #s about wat this SUPER MODERATOR says or wat anyone says who implying im sad enuff to pull all ur legs by makin these pics. And to the people who didnt quite understand me wen i said there was NOTHING on the field when the pics were taken, its funny how all of a sudden iv put a picnic table there or a bunch of RV's....there wernt any other peeps around that we knew of, and im pretty sure that me n my mate are the only shmokers that go to drake..i chose this site because i hav been very interested in the stuff on here, and decided to post my pics here...does the fact that my first post was pics of something wierd that came up on my pics meen that im a hoaxer? make up ur own decisions...these are the pics taken under the same tree in the day, my mate took some pics of some things he said looked wierd on the ground in the field, im aware that some patches are lighter but i dont know if this is abnormal...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the day pic...

Now it appears more like the lights were from the houses at the edges of the field... Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You might actually have something in the day too, I know you probably have school or work but if you get to the area snap pics of the sky in the day out of the trees also you may be suprised !!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think the pics you snapped were a great comparison. It's starting to look less like automobiles, but who knows? What's with the funky tracks too? Most strange...

[edit on 17-11-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The boy just registered less than 2 days ago, you dont give him time to get more data, humiliate him, and piss him off!

Cant say I blame him!!

Would be hard for me to believe he will post on this thread again!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Now it appears more like the lights were from the houses at the edges of the field... Just a thought...

Thats exactly what i think it is now we have good clear reference pic.

The night vision images picks up on the lights very well.

One more request, how about taking images (with night vision on) again at night time in the exact same place

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm assuming he's looking for explainations...

The boy just registered less than 2 days ago, you dont give him time to get more data, humiliate him, and piss him off!

I haven't looked through all pages of this, but I am certainly not ridiculing the poster at all... I am merely stating my opinion. I'm assuming the comments were directed elsewhere, but had to say it.

Indeed, I thanked the poster for his follow up on this, with the daytime pics.

As another followup request, if you could get a pic near sunset and then after, it might help too..

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know in the USA I can go to TerraServer and zoom on arial photographs and see very good detail. Wonder if London has something like this?

Sorry I did not read entire thread dont know if this was mentioned yet

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would have to honetsly say that there was something there, and they were not cars. IF it is so close to a AFB could it be .....

1. Could it be a type of VTOL or UAV stealth miltary craft that was bieng tested or had trouble and had to land, and these 2 stoneys happened to be there in the middle of the night when they were on a training exercise? Nothing mentioned to the media because it was top secret. It is a fairly larged sized park. Those are also not your mothers Buicks, and those were not tire tracks in the pictures.

2. They were alien UFO's, and maybe these stoneys stumbled on a abduction in the making, them landing so close toteh houses. Maybe it was for observation.

I'll tell you what it wasn't, and that is photoshopped. I have seen plenty of pictures, and these ones with the daylight pics are pretty convincing.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Of course, its good that he posted his images for us and even follow ups which proves he isnt trying to pull anything, which i have not doubted from the beggining.

But if anyone is trying to believe these images are actually some sort of ufo then i would wait awhile as nothing is decided 100% as of yet.

My initial thought is that these are just house lights, but i always wondered if we ever had "flying saucers" land on earth where would they choose.

Keep up the good work Woody

Looking foward to some more updates.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"Earth is the wildlife preserve for the whole Universe"--

I like that. It ~rings~ for me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join