It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fracking Protests in Canada: Police cars burned + 40 arrested

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is going down in my home province of New Brunswick:

Heavily-armed RCMP officers moved against a Mi’kmaq-led blockade in New Brunswick on Thursday, Oct. 17, leading to a violent clash with anti-fracking protesters said to be "willing to die" to hold their position. The RCMP has confirmed that more than 40 people were arrested on firearms offences and charges of uttering threats, intimidation, mischief and ignoring a court injunction.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Have to applaud these men/women for standing their ground and country (literally)
Knowing they WOULD get a massive payout to have these shale gas sites on their land, that doesn't seem to phase them. They were clean water and well, who can blame them!!

The first picture resonates with me.

edit on 17-10-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm glad they aren't still riding horses.

People are starting to show that they are pi$$ed.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well thats not going to do much good for the greater good

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The Micmac aren't known for horse riding. These people live in the woods of the Eastern Maritime Provinces. Their name supposedly means "people of the Red Earth". It may be that they never signed a treaty to give away their land. I hope they can keep these greedy frackers off their land. Being close to the ocean as they are their groundwater is very important and could be easily ruined.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Good on them for standing their ground! Too close to my border and the frackers are trying to get their digs in here too. NO FRACKING WAY!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

*sigh*. Canadians. So short sighted and susceptible to liberal media.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I drove down there earlier today since I'm not too far away.

They had 100 RCMP officers out there showing force, what a crock of crap.

The fracking issue is a REAL one with REAL repercussions for the people who live in those areas.

More needs to be done. This is just the beginning of what this will turn into.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Asshat extraordinaire!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wish I could remember where I read the reason each Aboriginal culture on earth is put down, is because their knowledge and wisdom is feared. Its fearful to those who think money will solve everything.

We should all be listening especially close to the People who recognize and respect Nature and Mother Earth.
Knowing thats a general statement,its the ones born and hopefully raised traditionally to whom I refer.
Applause to anyone not afraid to stand up for the earth and it's resources.

I'm sure we've all come across the Cree prophecy:
When all the trees have been cut down,
When all the animals have been hunted,
When all the waters are polluted,
When all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover
You can't eat money.

And why is there always a token shot of a burning or burnt police car? Always a media mugshot in the larger, or significant protests--

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is awesome, SnF, but how can you tell it's a police car? Just curious

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
PROTESTERS VS PROTECTORS. Know the diff.

edit on 18-10-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

i just read that it was maerican us military delta force soilders who came in asked by irving oil.... this situatiuon is #ed and a lot if being unraveled!!! hope to find out the truth , no fracking!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
hello all, i'm new to this site here but I've been reading it for quite a while. Now the protest.....I live 40 minutes away from where that took place and I find it strange that, the chief of that reserve had a meeting with the premier and everything seemed fine until the road blockade.I hope you all realize that most native nations always preach to protect the land and the environment until there's money on the table for them. Once they get what they want, the project goes ahead anyway...... so much for environment. just saying!!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This Will Occur Very Soon Here In My hometown of Eagle Village First Nation Soon If We Cant Do Anything.
Someone Please respond to this post.
I cant start my own thread
and i need this to be heard.

Matamec has achieved a major milestone today in its 16-year history as the feasibility study shows that the Kipawa project is technically and economically feasible," said Andre Gauthier, President and CEO of Matamec. "The Company has strategically developed a solid business plan which includes a moderate CAPEX and a manageable scale of annual tonnage while ensuring the required environmental standards are met. With the completion of the feasibility study results, we will continue to work with the citizens of the Temiscamingue area to present the economic benefits this project will create for the region. Matamec is committed to building a sustainable organization with a particular focus on green energy applications."

They Say They are focusing on Green Energy, What they dont include is the Mine Is Within Three hundred Feet of Lake Kipawa, One Of the Largest lakes in Quebec, Canada. When The Spokesperson For Matamec Came to our Reservation With The News of their Project, One of the Village Elders Asked him " What about the Fish, Or the Land wildlife in the area, He Responded Coldly with "Who Cares about a Stupid fish".
Matamec has shown complete disregard for the Natives of the area, & wwith the aid of several Wealthy Money grabbers from the outside areas help They managed to Convince One of the neighbour Reservations Chief Mr. Harry St. Dennis To sign over his rights to the Land in which the Mine is being constructed at this very monent for a Lump sum of cash And a guarentee That His Family was insured Wealth for Generations,
But what about Us, The Remaining three Tribes in the Area? We get left with Water That will No longer be drinkable in Less than Five Years, And Our Forests Destroyed By More Oil Expansion.

Project Location
The Kipawa deposit is located on the Zeus Property (see map below), 50 km east of the town of Temiscaming and 140 km south of Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec. All claims are in good standing. Resources are not subject to any third party royalties.

What They Neglected To Include Was Eagle Village First Nation, A reserve 8km North of Temiscamang, And 34 km From The Mine Site, They Have Been Supressing me on Facebook By Having my Groups Removed, And Had The Locals Of temiscamang That were for it start leaving the reservation out of the loop, For the past months ive been gathering my information right from their website here
www.marketwired.com... 949.htm

Fat cat Money Grabbers at it again.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

LostInSpaces
This Will Occur Very Soon Here In My hometown of Eagle Village First Nation Soon If We Cant Do Anything.
Someone Please respond to this post.
I cant start my own thread
and i need this to be heard.

Matamec has achieved a major milestone today in its 16-year history as the feasibility study shows that the Kipawa project is technically and economically feasible," said Andre Gauthier, President and CEO of Matamec. "The Company has strategically developed a solid business plan which includes a moderate CAPEX and a manageable scale of annual tonnage while ensuring the required environmental standards are met. With the completion of the feasibility study results, we will continue to work with the citizens of the Temiscamingue area to present the economic benefits this project will create for the region. Matamec is committed to building a sustainable organization with a particular focus on green energy applications."

They Say They are focusing on Green Energy, What they dont include is the Mine Is Within Three hundred Feet of Lake Kipawa, One Of the Largest lakes in Quebec, Canada. When The Spokesperson For Matamec Came to our Reservation With The News of their Project, One of the Village Elders Asked him " What about the Fish, Or the Land wildlife in the area, He Responded Coldly with "Who Cares about a Stupid fish".
Matamec has shown complete disregard for the Natives of the area, & wwith the aid of several Wealthy Money grabbers from the outside areas help They managed to Convince One of the neighbour Reservations Chief Mr. Harry St. Dennis To sign over his rights to the Land in which the Mine is being constructed at this very monent for a Lump sum of cash And a guarentee That His Family was insured Wealth for Generations,
But what about Us, The Remaining three Tribes in the Area? We get left with Water That will No longer be drinkable in Less than Five Years, And Our Forests Destroyed By More Oil Expansion.

Project Location
The Kipawa deposit is located on the Zeus Property (see map below), 50 km east of the town of Temiscaming and 140 km south of Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec. All claims are in good standing. Resources are not subject to any third party royalties.

What They Neglected To Include Was Eagle Village First Nation, A reserve 8km North of Temiscamang, And 34 km From The Mine Site, They Have Been Supressing me on Facebook By Having my Groups Removed, And Had The Locals Of temiscamang That were for it start leaving the reservation out of the loop, For the past months ive been gathering my information right from their website here
www.marketwired.com... 949.htm

Fat cat Money Grabbers at it again.

I originally come from that area (Rouyn-Noranda) and my bro lives there in Temiscamingue.I hope you guys don't fall for that trap of money like the other chief did. We (humans) destroyed this planet enough already. The environment and this earth is the only place we have to live..... why not take care of it. just saying!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
We've Held Several Peaceful protests in Many locations in the Area in the past few months, but we arent getting any media support, So we cant get our message through to the people.
To make matters worst, the mine is being built as I sit here Unable to make a change, Just yesterday they had the washer for the mine across the Ottawa river in Temiscamang, Waiting for nightfall to transport it So we Would stay in the dark.
I Could Really Use some help on ideas,
I was thinking of gathering as many people I can to the mine site and have a peaceful protest there,
But so far that option hasnt Worked out too well.
But We can Still Hope, Heres a Website Some Residents Of the Reservation Threw together.
savekipawalake.blogspot.ca...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I forgot to Include In my original post.

Matamec Explorations, Inc.: Rare Earth Company is being funded by None Other than Toyota Tsusho Corp.
(See link) www.matamec.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Seriously? Such a blind arrogant comment, nothing more than verbal diarrhea

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Here in Colorado we had several small communities vote to ban fracking...
however the state Gov has gone on record as saying he will take to court and have any bans overturned...

lot of money in oil and gas and any limits on production makes the big dogs very, very nervous

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

*sigh*. Canadians. So short sighted and susceptible to liberal media.

What exactly is it that makes yanks so outrageously prone to incidents of staggering hypocrisy?

And people ask why I hate the US so much.

top topics

join