It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical weapon sites held by Syrian Rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Things seem to have gone quiet on the Syrian front what with the U.S Government Shut Down and I'm sure this was used as an opportunity to release information that appears to have gone under the radar.

Monday 14th October, the New York Times:-

LONDON — Pressure intensified on Syrian rebels on Monday to permit access to chemical weapons sites in areas under their control, as officials said the rapidly shifting lines in the civil war made it difficult for inspectors to reach some locations and called for all parties to ease the process of dismantling Syria’s toxic arms.

www.nytimes.com...

Wasn't the official line, only a few weeks ago, Syrian rebels didn't have access to chemical weapons? And as a consequence it must have been Assad's regime who carried out the Chemical Weapon attack?

The U.S and other allies were prepared to carry out strategic missile attacks, because they had clear evidence it was Assad's regime. Missile atacks that were intended to disrupt the regime and their military potential, but in reality would have caused more death of innocent civilians.

I came across the N.Y Times report here:-

mycatbirdseat.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

It says access to weapons sites in areas they control not chemical weapons sites they control,now I would expect if they control an area they could take over the site but maybe they don't want to or can't for whatever reason, either way the call is too stop sniper fire etc from rebels and Assads regime on the inspectors.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

kuhl
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

It says access to weapons sites in areas they control not chemical weapons sites they control,now I would expect if they control an area they could take over the site but maybe they don't want to or can't for whatever reason, either way the call is too stop sniper fire etc from rebels and Assads regime on the inspectors.

Did you read the whole report or just the headline? It actually states 'chemical weapon sites' in the first paragraph of the report.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well OP, isn't it just downright amazing what the MSM figures we don't need to hear about or know about during events. For instance, it wasn't really mentioned that production facilities, at least, have been under compete rebel control at times and likely are at points around Syria today. Opinions vary, of course...but a few pics can be helpful... The sources are in the images on the bottom line..

Syria lines of control - August 2013

Syria Area Military Action - Early October 2013

Map of some major chemical weapons locations

If one does a little overlapping and comparing (Not to mention maps going back to show how these locations have changed hands in some cases), I do wonder why there wasn't more open talk about how access to production grade material wasn't necessarily a major problem for the rebels.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I do wonder why there wasn't more open talk about how access to production grade material wasn't necessarily a major problem for the rebels.

That just isn't convenient, but they'll find a way to have their war one way or another. They appear far too eager to let something as trivial as the truth to stand in the way.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wonder if any of those chemical weapons have "Made in Iraq" stamped on them?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I had to take a major Syria break, wore myself out on that one, so just to catch up...

Are they going after all the weapons of the rebels? the REBELS? Wasn't the plan to go after -Chemical- weapons of the Regime? I mean regardless if its weapons or chemical weapons why are they disarming Rebels first?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Nah most of that stuff has a made in the USA or Russia sticker on it.

top topics

join