It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are blacks not allowed to become true freemasons?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The GUT
Nothing wrong with palying dress-up and practicing occult/esoteric rituals if that's your thang...just admit that's a part of it, that's all. I can respect that.

Sure. Occasionally I put on a tuxedo, go down to my lodge and help put on a degree for some new members.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The GUT
Nothing wrong with palying dress-up and practicing occult/esoteric rituals if that's your thang...just admit that's a part of it, that's all. I can respect that.

It's a huge part of Freemasonry.

I won't "admit" it, though - that makes it sound like I'm doing something wrong.
On the contrary, I will say it openly and I'm proud of it!

edit on 19/10/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The GUT

network dude
It depends on what you like. If you are heavy into "facts", it may not be your thing.

"Facts" are cool. Unlike blind obeisance and knee-jerk apologetics. Nothing wrong with palying dress-up and practicing occult/esoteric rituals if that's your thang...just admit that's a part of it, that's all. I can respect that.

We don't have to dress up for practice, just the real thing.
And it is such a cool feeling to put on a good degree and have the initiate feel and learn exactly as they were meant to. Seeing that one man figuring out that a whole room full of men took time out of their lives to make that one night special just for him. It's humbling to say the least.

And I love you too.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

ETA, The most powerful man (maybe) in the world is black.

I assume you are referring to Obama?? Obama is a puppet, like all presidents. He holds no power whatsoever, everything he does, he is told to do. The most powerful men in the world are undoubtedly white and have been working in banking for hundreds of years.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I think it's the oil industry.
They tell the banks what to do.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Was a member at a local lodge for a bit before getting bored and I can't say I ever came across this. Our lodge's pledge was all about working together in the hope everyone will be equal one day with a bit of religion thrown in. Though even the Masters didn't take an of it seriously, it was more a drinking club than anything else.

I didn't pay much attention to it/take it seriously but the whole point was to ignore all divides whether social, racial, religious, political and try and make the world a nicer place to live in through friendship and charity; so would be very surprised if racism existed within it.
edit on 19-10-2013 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So my grandfather was a high level mason in NJ. he has since passed and received a full masons funeral. He was never particularly fond of "blacks" and I was always insulted by the term he used to describe them. He was always "friendly" with them but that was the extent of it.

Although I have 0% proof, knowing him I can promise you they weren't accepted in his lodge. That isn't to say that isn't a static issue.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

network dude
We don't have to dress up for practice, just the real thing.
And it is such a cool feeling to put on a good degree and have the initiate feel and learn exactly as they were meant to. Seeing that one man figuring out that a whole room full of men took time out of their lives to make that one night special just for him. It's humbling to say the least.

And I love you too.

And

Saurus

It's a huge part of Freemasonry.

I won't "admit" it, though - that makes it sound like I'm doing something wrong.
On the contrary, I will say it openly and I'm proud of it!

And my respect, Sirs. I just get a lil' playful mischief in me when I feel some issues are sidestepped. And I usually end up--like now--impressed by a few folk.

Okay, enough of the warm & fuzzy: Get your aprons on, grab your magic wands, set up the sacrifice table, and send in tha' strippers! JOKE!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by duesprimusvictorimmortali

My Grandmaster is African American. I am White.

"You and your friends" are idiots--and would guess that the Freemason here involved has a username and password to some e-masonry website guaranteeing his membership into the brotherhood. Rest assured that this is the environment where you will meet those types of "masons".

The mere notion that a lodge would possess inherent racial boundaries, barriers or requirements is contradictory to the tenets which we hold so dear.

Less of the misinformation from your "mason buddies".

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

duesprimusvictorimmortali
Me and friends had a long conversation with a high ranking black mason. he told what was needed to become a black mason he said "you must be a christen and your wife has to agree with you becoming a mason". and then he told us that white masons were allowed in black lodges but blacks were not allowed in white lodges. he told us blacks could become free and accepted masons but not true freemasons.i know there are plenty on masons on this site are any willing to answer this question?

edit on 17-10-2013 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

www.onemedicine.tuskegee.edu...

These are not Prince Hall Masons. And they are in Alabama no less. 33 degree Scottish Rite..
so?....

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
PLEASE JOIN US ON OUT OF THE BOX WHERE THIS THREAD WILL BE DISCUSSED WITH A SPECIAL GUEST.

Join the OOTB crew TONIGHT as they discuss the weird and wonderful world of ATS....

Hosts: NoRegretsEver, Wrabbit2000, Above Board, ImaMarty, Druid42

OUT OF THE BOX

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Joki42,

I agree with you. Here in Southern California the same is true. All are welcome who profess a belief in a Supreme Being and are not felons. If they are married we prefer that their wife would be agreeable, otherwise it just doesn't work out.

The Old Guard is passing and some of the old ideas are going with them. Masonry will also change a little with their passing, but core tenets are going to remain.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

In over 200 years White men will never let black men feel equal, (Not even if the black man makes or has more money then them) in the 1800 Delaney whom was a black man was a freemason in Missouri, he was the husband of Lucy Delaney whom Bates fought in court and won her freedom .

But let get real here, I have taught my children and grandchildren of being racial. But the big money people do not and will not let the blacks actually stand up and be counted no matter what.

Lets start with Kanye West, a very black man, very rich, lets see him go into Birmingham Alabama downtown and sit in the diner and see what happens!

And another Point of Mason's....In Ohio and Michigan this is true fact! I know some that cheat on the wife's more then once, ( Is that a good person) I also know a couple that are KKK members (????) there you go. So FREE masons the FREE needs taken out. Because unless you let that good Black Neighbor set next to you at a meeting or at your dinner table. you are NOT A GOOD PERSON ALWAYS just when you feel its right!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rmote2375
unless you let that good Black Neighbor set next to you at a meeting or at your dinner table. you are NOT A GOOD PERSON ALWAYS just when you feel its right!

Say hello to my friends from high school who have sat at my dinner table and the one on the right is in my lodge:

I am the cracker ass cracker in the middle if you were confused....

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rmote2375
You're generalizing a lot and I think there was an ecological fallacy in there somewhere in the last paragraph.

What do you mean you taught your children and grandchildren to be racial?

Kanye West? Really, that's your go to example of a successful black man? Plus, having money doesn't equate to character.

Well, I know Masons who don't cheat on their wives and are not members of the KKK.

So if I don't sit next to a black person I'm racist? But if we're talking about my neighbor they wouldn't be black, they'd be Hispanic or Eastern European. As for Lodge, I don't base who I sit next to based on their skin color but then I usually don't have a choice where I sit.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali
Me and friends had a long conversation with a high ranking black mason. he told what was needed to become a black mason he said "you must be a christen and your wife has to agree with you becoming a mason". and then he told us that white masons were allowed in black lodges but blacks were not allowed in white lodges. he told us blacks could become free and accepted masons but not true freemasons.i know there are plenty on masons on this site are any willing to answer this question?

I do not know, but Masons overseas in the military is/was 100% black and very private. You just need to be religious as far as I know, not atheist. In the states I know high level masons and they are all color and religions.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am the cracker ass cracker in the middle if you were confused....

Damn cracker, white people do not have black friends...it is a know fact...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rmote2375
In over 200 years White men will never let black men feel equal, (Not even if the black man makes or has more money then them) in the 1800 Delaney whom was a black man was a freemason in Missouri, he was the husband of Lucy Delaney whom Bates fought in court and won her freedom .

You state this and give a 200+ year example to prove your point? I have quite a few black friends that we refer to each other as brothers with different mothers...lol

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Damn cracker, white people do not have black friends...it is a know fact...

Whoa! Cracker?! I find that offensive! We prefer Saltine-Americans.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali
and then he told us that white masons were allowed in black lodges but blacks were not allowed in white lodges. he told us blacks could become free and accepted masons but not true freemasons.

It depends on the state and lodge.

Sad to say, my home state deals with this extremely poorly. You can be full Cherokee or Creek and have no issue. But there is an ongoing internal battle with other people of color. You can petition, but you will be blackballed. In some lodges, it almost gets down to fisticuffs.

People are stupid sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join