It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Hit With H7N9 Bird Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's now confirmed that a poultry farm in Australia's New South Wales has been hit with high-path H7N9. Everyone's panicking about bird flu but as one authority said, "I think what people aren't quite aware of is that in our wild water fowl in Australia, H7 and H5 and other H types are regularly identified in those ducks. ..."Maybe up to 70 per cent of those ducks have had exposure to AI (avian influenza) at some time and probably at any one time maybe one per cent of those ducks are shedding H7 or H5 or something like that."

Fact is, biology works by sharing. Viruses and other bugs are supposed to spread round the globe - it's an adaptive thing. So if we want to stop new diseases from appearing, we need to stop mucking up the environment and forcing microbes to mutate and adapt to the changes. From another issue:

...there is only one way to stop it: Clean up the [environment].

"We can't treat ourselves out of this ...problem," ...

Australia hit by high-path bird flu outbreak
Thursday October 17 2013

Australia has reported an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian flu (HPAI) on a free range egg farm in New South Wales, prompting a ban on poultry sales to one of the country's largest export markets.

The Australian authorities this week informed the World Organisation of Animal Health that the H7 avian flu strain had been detected on a layer farm in the state - potentially affecting around 400 000 birds at property.

Supposedly,

There is no evidence of a human health risk from H7 avian influenza in regards to food products...

But Hong Kong already banned poultry imports from New South Wales.

HK bans Australian chicken and eggs

Hong Kong has banned imports of Australian chicken and eggs from the state of New South Wales.

The Centre for Food Safety imposed the ban based on information from the World Organization for Animal Health of an outbreak of highly pathogenic H7 avian influenza at a poultry farm in New South Wales, Australia.

It's all about trade - expanding it, protecting it, securing markets - and those almighty profits. Think about it - if it were about protecting people, the solutions are obvious just not profitable. So let the games begin.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I find it very difficult to believe anything about these "new"
flus and diseases, that gets in the MSM.
Hype seems to be the purpose of the reports, and selling news
seems to be the main objective.
The MSM ets 50% of its facts wrong,NOT by oversight, but by deliberate disinformation slanted at selling the news to us.....
At my age the whole #mess looks like a giant ponzi scheme made up of all kinds of smaller pozi schemes.....
Its a crock of offal

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I agree the - the MSM is unreliable. That's why I go straight to the original reports and studies for verification, usually via PubMed or the WHO. CIDRAP's good too, for infectious stuff. But don't forget the business rags like Forbes, Bloomberg and The Economist as well as those serving the poultry and cattle industry - they provide info for investors and ensure that it's accurate and current.

As far as "these "new" diseases" go - there is absolutely NO doubt that new diseases are appearing with unfortunate regularity. It is a fact of biological life on our modified planet that lifeforms mutate to adapt, starting with microbes.

edit on 17/10/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

join