It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stenographer snaps, rants on House Floor (a religious deconstruction/assessment of the story)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

adjensen

WarminIndy
If an atheist got up and shouted about the Constitution, would he be considered mentally unbalanced also?

Well, if he claimed that the ghost of Charles Darwin prompted him to do it, I'd kinda wonder.

I had to read that three times...I thought at first you said Charles Dickens. Those ghosts of Christmas are just around the corner.

But then I saw you said Darwin, then I laughed.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Glad that you weren't offended.

For an orthodox Roman Catholic, I can be a little flippant at times, lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
For those who were going on the "What did that guy say to her" angle. Unless she says what he said, we'll never know.

Bill Young

C. W. Bill Young, Longtime Florida Congressman, Dies at 82

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

adjensen

WarminIndy

Glad that you weren't offended.

For an orthodox Roman Catholic, I can be a little flippant at times, lol.

It's all good. I was not offended in the least. But I think you have read my posts about my religious viewpoints, and I'm not so much Orthodox in Christianity. I am a Christian though.

I think that people have been so accustomed to making fun of the "Crazy Pentecostals" so much that they don't really listen to what the theology of Pentecostalism really is. To understand, and I come from a long line of "crazy Pentecostals" you really have to know that Pentecostalism is multi-branched.

I, for one, consider Pentecostalism to be an experience that is across all denomination lines, but others think it is merely a denomination within itself. From my point of view, Charismatic Catholics are Pentecostal by definition of the experience, and not the name tacked on. But how do you view Pentecostals outside of what you have been presented by television or the crazy lady down the street that gives out cookies and speaks in tongues while thumping you on the head with the Bible?

I've seen it all and I've heard it all, so nothing surprises me anymore. But you have to understand, Pentecostals have as much faith in their beliefs as any other denomination, they just like to show it more than the average Christian. But I would never steer anyone wrong, if I see a Pentecostal person acting stupid and using Pentecostalism as a venue for their stupidity, then I would say so. Todd Bentley is the worst example of Pentecostalism and someone should arrest him for assault and battery.

But this woman who did this, I would not say she was nuts, just that she probably had very deep convictions and we can't fault anyone for having convictions they act out on. If we said everyone was nuts for speaking religious convictions, then MLK would have never preached against the government as he did. And no one accuses Ghandi of being mentally unstable when he had religious convictions against the British government. So we can't vaunt it for one person and say another person is mentally unstable or even wrong if they follow another teaching.

Do you suppose then Malcolm X would be called crazy today because he was Muslim and yet deeply convicted against the wrongs about America, and said the chickens have come home to roost? I think it's cherry-picking to make the "Crazy Pentecostal" woman the token of mental illness and yet validate others who have done the same thing. Let's call Joan of Arc crazy too, but she was Catholic and yet she did amazing things that no other woman her age ever had done before or since.

BTW, if I were Catholic, the Maid of Lorraine would be my patron saint.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What do you make of this, ATS?
One of the stories about this woman was about how she came to work (at some point in the past) while suffering from morning sickness. She could have been suffering from postpartum depression, as for why she would act out on her feelings (pulling off the microphone stunt).

I don't think that government should be ecclesiastical.
Ultimate authority should not be considered as coming from some sort of divine appointment as vicar of Christ.
The Constitution says "We the People . . ." is the ultimate source of government authority.
If that is "Masonic", then so be it, but it does not detract from the rightness of it.
Christianity, as in what is spelled out in the New Testament, does not support an ecclesiastical government, but apparently it has been twisted by some people's thinking to make it out as if it does.

One of the slogans of the Patriots was "We have no king but Jesus".
That means that we decide ourselves as individuals how to live based on our personal relationship with Jesus, and do not accept a human appointed (supposedly) by God in His place to serve as His representative to rule over us as a Pope.
The government is not, and should never be considered as the equivalent of God, but should be considered as the consensus of the people being governed. "Consensus" meaning the agreement between the people, and not so-called consent as in not complaining when certain people in the government make oppressive rules over us.
edit on 20-10-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

wildtimes
Here is a post from someone in the Political Madness forum saying that a Congressman came up and spoke to her right before she got up to go to the podium
www.abovetopsecret.com...

JBA2848
So who was it that put her up to it?

He was talking to her.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

She walks away and he plays with his cellphone.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Was she talking to Rep. Bill Young of Florida? Seems he is quitting.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 10/17/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

The man in the video is younger than Bill Young, plus Young died on Oct 18.

He more closely resembles John B. Larson, (D) Conn.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

He did???? Okay, thanks for the info!
Wow.

So what is this other guy's leaning in religious thought?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.....

Larson has voted consistently to both legalize same-sex marriage, and to expand options for legal abortion. Larson voted to repeal the military’s “don’t ask don’t tell” policy, and voted in favor of the Sexual Orientation Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA).[7] The Human Rights Campaign gave Larson a rating of 94%. Larson also voted not to end federal funding to Planned Parenthood. Thus, Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice American both gave Larson a rating of 100%.[8]

from his wiki page.

So, maybe he told her: You see? The nation is better off with secular government. And that made her snap.

Interesting as it unfolds.

edit on 10/20/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
www.disclose.tv...

This was in the other thread, from Jobeycool.

Interesting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join