It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stenographer snaps, rants on House Floor (a religious deconstruction/assessment of the story)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Reading the article, it sounds like this reaction was very unusual for the woman. Makes me wonder. While her actions were complete inappropriate, I think there may be more to the story. This is a very odd "coming out" for someone who seems to keep their religious affiliations quiet and personal.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by IrishCream

"End of Times"? End of World is more like it. If anything is going to end, it will be the world as we know it. But I think that's a pretty big leap from a zealous stenographer throwing a fit in a House meeting.

I agree, I just chose to use "the Right's" terminology (The End of Times) in that particular thread because it was/is getting pretty zealous over there lol! And I am not saying this JUST because of this woman's outburst, it is so many things that are happening which fall into the category of "signs" within the various belief systems. This is one thing, one event, one person who actually made an impact... we're talking about her here, CNN has talked about her, my local NBC station talked about her this morning, even my local radio station posted it on their facebook and opened it up for comments. She made an impact, people are talking, matters nil what they are actually saying, what matters is they're talking.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Exactly! And I can't help but be really suspicious that Bill Young spoke to her immediately before she got up to rant.

I am in agreement that she needs hospital evaluation; good on the Capitol Police for seeing to it. She must have been pretty UNCALM to have that happen. No??

Did you read the wiki links about Young??

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Like I said, she would be a perfect target for some form of mental manipulation. Mr. Young seems extremely bigoted and prejudiced and VERY Evangelical. He would be the right kind of suspect for implementing such a manipulation. It was an extremely suspicious interaction to have before such an outburst... just sayin'!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Then when Pat Robertson ran for President things looked really ominous. I was gratified when that crashed and burned but they did succeed in having many restrictive laws passed at the time. Not much has happened since and the evangelicals have faded away in to the scenery from what I can tell.

I wish that were the case, Aketheanimals, but I fear it is not.

They are mustering more and more political clout. Michelle Bachmann, Newt Gingrich (who has ALWAYS made my skin crawl), the gov of Kansas (my state
) Sam Brownback, are just a few of the clouty NAR/7MD members who are actively working (although they try to stay out of the limelight) to institute a theocracy.

Dominion Theology or Dominionism is the idea that Christians should work toward either a nation governed by Christians or one governed by a conservative Christian understanding of biblical law. It is a form of theocracy and is related to theonomy, though it does not necessarily advocate Mosaic law as the basis of government. Prominent adherents of Dominion Theology are otherwise theologically diverse, including the Calvinist Christian Reconstructionism and the charismatic/Pentecostal Kingdom Now theology and New Apostolic Reformation.

Some elements within the mainstream Christian right have been influenced by Dominion Theology authors. Indeed, some writers have applied the term "Dominionism" more broadly to the mainstream Christian right, implicitly arguing that that movement is founded upon a theology that requires Christians to govern over non-Christians. Mainstream conservatives do not call themselves "Dominionists," and the usage has sparked considerable controversy.

In his 1992 study of Dominion Theology and its influence on the Christian Right, Bruce Barron writes,

In the context of American evangelical efforts to penetrate and transform public life, the distinguishing mark of a dominionist is a commitment to defining and carrying out an approach to building society that is self-consciously defined as exclusively Christian, and dependent specifically on the work of Christians, rather than based on a broader consensus.[29]

According to Diamond, the defining concept of dominionism is "that Christians alone are Biblically mandated to occupy all secular institutions until Christ returns". In 1989, Diamond declared that this concept "has become the central unifying ideology for the Christian Right"[24] (p. 138, emphasis in original) in the United States. In 1995, she called it "prevalent on the Christian Right".[30]

Journalist Chip Berlet added in 1998 that, although they represent different theological and political ideas, dominionists assert a Christian duty to take "control of a sinful secular society."[31]

In 2005, Clarkson enumerated the following characteristics shared by all forms of dominionism:[32]

*Dominionists celebrate Christian nationalism, in that they believe that the United States once was, and should once again be, a Christian nation. In this way, they deny the Enlightenment roots of American democracy.

*Dominionists promote religious supremacy, insofar as they generally do not respect the equality of other religions, or even other versions of Christianity.

*Dominionists endorse theocratic visions, insofar as they believe that the Ten Commandments, or "biblical law," should be the foundation of American law, and that the U.S. Constitution should be seen as a vehicle for implementing Biblical principles.[32]

Akin to the theory of Sharia Law, but Bible-Style.

I think it's scary. And threatening, especially within today's context.

edit on 10/17/13 by wildtimes because: emphasis

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yep. That guy was unaffected by her outburst and remained calm and unattached as she left his company, calmly walked to podium and started her rant. He never even flinched. I think he was deliberately recording her outburst on cell phone.

Clearly, this was a planned and premeditated speech.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

windword

Yep. That guy was unaffected by her outburst and remained calm and unattached as she left his company, calmly walked to podium and started her rant. He never even flinched. I think he was deliberately recording her outburst on cell phone.

Clearly, this was a planned and premeditated speech.

EXACTLY! As I said, I was raised in the Evangelical Church and I have seen people led by the Holy Spirit to proselytize and TRUST me when I say, that person is deep in pray (usually speaking in tongues) and is NOT having a calm, civilized conversation with someone seconds before the message is relayed!

Planned, premeditated (by someone, but not her) and orchestrated event... PERIOD!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Christian Supremacy. The illusion of progress is a sweet and inspiring vision, but when that hologram comes crashing down and reveals what's really going on, it's a sobering experience. We haven't come all that far, have we?

I still think religion is us coming to grips with the first notions of metacognition, as we slowly drag ourselves from the mud of animalism, but it looks like we're still having difficulties recognizing exactly what it is we're working with.
edit on 17-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Someone posted some info re her husband and her "close family relative"'s statements about her. They are saying she is NOT unstable, NOT in need of an evaluation, etc. etc.

There are also some tweets...apparently she "was inspired last night by the Holy Spirit to speak up at the House."

I wonder if Bill Young has a direct-line to the Holy Spirit? Did she call him when she felt this "urge" to speak?
Curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There are also some tweets...apparently she "was inspired last night by the Holy Spirit to speak up at the House."

Do government officials generally disregard the constitution so easily? Or even the rules of decorum regarding House protocol?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's an article with a comprehensive story about it, from International Business Times:
Who Is Dianne Reidy? House Stenographer Yelled ‘This Is Not One Nation Under God’ During Shutdown Vote [VIDEO, AUDIO]

Ros-Lehtinen told Fox News that Reidy "came up to the podium area beneath where I was standing and asked me if the microphones were on. I said that I didn't know. I assumed that perhaps I was chatting too much to the helpful parliamentarians around me. Then she suddenly faced the front and said words like 'Thus spoke the Lord.' And, 'This is not the Lord's work.'

"I hammered to get control and hush her up. She said something about the devil. It was sudden, confusing and heartbreaking. She is normally a gentle soul."

CNN reported that Officer Shennell S. Antrobus of Capitol Police took Reidy to a local hospital for evaluation.

So far, it is unclear what prompted Reidy’s meltdown on the House floor. Despite her outburst, though, the vote was completed and the House passed the bill, which was signed by the president shortly after midnight. Still, questions remain as to why Reidy, a woman whom “many officers knew…personally,” CNN reported, would have acted this way.

The link includes audio/video of the event.

Bizarre.

edit on 10/17/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Planned, premeditated (by someone, but not her) and orchestrated event... PERIOD!

Yeah, she looked as though she had been activated by some hypnotic suggestion. Her outburst was like a collective temper tantrum from the far right wing nutters. It had to be said, and now it's over. LOL (breaths a sigh of relief)
edit on 17-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

wildtimes
Someone posted some info re her husband and her "close family relative"'s statements about her. They are saying she is NOT unstable, NOT in need of an evaluation, etc. etc.

Yes BUT ... no one really knows what is going on inside a person. She could have hidden physical or emotional issues that suddenly came to light. She works in a stressful place and she could have suddenly snapped. She may not have emotional issues that they know of, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have them. Ya' know??

20% of Americans will have a mental health issue at some point in their lives. This woman just totally acted out of character for herself and she tossed away her income/job. All in an instant. All loudly (and she's a quiet person).

She needs evaluation. For her own good. Just in case ...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh, I totally agree with you, FF!!

People's 'instability' is OFTEN very well hidden from family and friends. This was her breaking point, I'm guessing.

Yes, she needs an evaluation. If she had stopped when approached, with the gavel banging, that's one thing...but for them to 'interview and transport her to the hospital for evaluation' speaks volumes. She wasn't just PMSing...

very suspicious.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I'm not sure. I'm thinking that if anyone should be questioned, it's the reverend or pastor who spoke to her shortly beforehand. Wildtimes isn't alone in suspecting he had more than a passing influence on her outburst. Someone should check to see if he is a frequent observer of these House meetings, or if he's an infrequent visitor and one of his sporadic indulgences were timed conveniently to be right next to her before she made her speech. Also, check his history to see if he's had any political connections or is connected to anyone who has made religious speeches regarding political matters recently.

Just a couple of things to check on, to see who is more responsible: the stenographer, or the reverend in the shadows.
edit on 17-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Or maybe, she was bribed?? Or even blackmailed??

"Look, we know this will cost you your job, but we will compensate you for the rest of your life if you will just do this."
Or, "If you don't step up and do this, we will expose ........(whatever thing she wants kept quiet). Do it now."

LOL!! I mean - EE GADS (a term that is derived from Old English "Ye Gods!") !!!! THAT would be a scandal extraordinaire, if it comes out.

I think it's more likely than "MKULTRA" conditioning. But I don't really buy into that MKULTRA stuff anyway. On the other hand, people who are easily manipulated by preachers would be prime real estate for proxy evangelizing and subservice take-overs of government.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
that if anyone should be questioned, it's the reverend or pastor who spoke to her shortly beforehand.

I"m sure that an interrogation of him will happen. It would be part of the evaluation process for her.(assuming they do a good job ... and the fact that she let-go loudly where she did, I'd think they'd be checking everything.)

He should be talked to. It would help determine her frame of mind (and any influences).

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm not sure. I'm thinking that if anyone should be questioned, it's the reverend or pastor who spoke to her shortly beforehand. Wildtimes isn't alone in suspecting he had more than a passing influence on her outburst. Someone should check to see if he is a frequent observer of these House meetings, or if he's an infrequent visitor and one of his sporadic indulgences were timed conveniently to be right next to her before she made her speech. Also, check his history to see if he's had any political connections or is connected to anyone who has made religious speeches regarding political matters recently.

No, he's not a reverend or pastor. Earlier I linked to Bill Young's wiki page: He's the longest-term Representative (Rep-FLA) on record, and has a clear background in Evangelical issues. Check out those links.

Not a 'visitor' - a respected and now retiring Congressman.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

wildtimes
"Look, we know this will cost you your job, but we will compensate you for the rest of your life if you will just do this."

That would be awfully expensive for just an extreme brief rant that no one is taking seriously.

I can see mental/physical health issues ...
I can see someone 'snap' from the stress ...
I can see someone in a midlife crisis deciding to hug on a cult and be loud about it.
I can see a person hating their job and deciding to go out with a bang (fulfill a fantasy).

I can't see being paid to do it.
I can't see blackmail .. but maybe.

You never know ....

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That would be awfully expensive for just an extreme brief rant that no one is taking seriously.

Well, if they are taking themselves that seriously, it wouldn't surprise me. Those folks are MADE OF MONEY....it's no big deal to them to fork over big bucks to "patsies".

Like you said, you never know.

It is, at the very least, entertaining, and an interesting glimpse at the diviseness going on in our country right now. This has already gone 'viral', and whatever the case, it makes the USA look even more foolish than it already did. (The government and its lackeys, at least).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join