It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Time Slip Cases

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
As far as possible theories, I myself haven't noticed time slips but what I call parallel realities. My thoughts are that maybe I died coming home, fell asleep and did not realize it, not intentionally. Hit something and died but instead of my consciousness waking up in heaven, I simply had one of those out of body experiences without realizing it and woke up in my own body with the memories almost the same but remembering the memories of the shifted consciousness. This would explain how your memories get fuzzy. You may remember more than one reality. If in one reality, you never really noticed but in the new reality, you definitely remember something, then that is what you will remember.

The alternative idea is that when you consciousness shifts, the body you shifted into has a memory rewrite and the old memories are replaced by your new memories from the other reality. I was thinking if parallel universes and realities are real and out of body experiences are real or OBE, then my idea of dying by some random chance and then waking up in your body in a slightly different reality doesn't seem quite so far fetched. It's also possible I already died a couple of times. That makes me wonder if I could switch while asleep and not even realize it.

As far as possible theories about more bizarre time slips, maybe some government entity has been experimenting with and altering and destroying what I call time lines for their own benefit. When one time line suddenly gets altered, maybe the disruption is causing ripples in time and space causing similar realities to cross over temporarily.

I have an idea that most of the dark matter of the universe might actually be parallel realities. If a disturbance caused a ripple in time and space, maybe the realities interact in more ways than just experiencing gravity that we do not understand why it's there. (dark matter).
I haven't experienced any major time shift but I do find the stories very interesting to read about.

I did experience or see major changes in people at one time but then I never saw them again so I never got to ask questions.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The time slips I experience are only seconds into the future, mostly. This is not a joke because it actually saved me in real life once by allowing me to see what might happen seconds later. I was driving in that instance a bit fast actually, up in twisty mountain roads that i'm unfamiliar with.

They can be frequent and sometimes persist for several seconds. When they persist for several seconds, I then see a double image of everything if it's moving. One image is the present, and one is a few or fraction of a second into the future.

The last episode I had was a month ago and quite frequent a couple of months before. I was going to conduct experiments on myself when it seemed to have ceased recently or perhaps I'm just so unlucky, I'm failing to notice them when they do occur.

I'm itching to make a more detailed study if I chance upon them again and manage to get "self-test results". If I'm really lucky, I might even get a video of me guessing random numbers with 100% precision and post the results here...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I believe you. I've had time slips myself. I came to the conclusion that once we know more about how time and space works, we will know why these phenomena ( time slips, visions about the future- which I also get a lot) exist, and how.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I did read about a case involving a missile being launched by the US military, it disappeared mid flight, and reappeared in the same spot a few days later. A break in time perhaps?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Time travel is possible. But like stated before, you can't go back into the future. Why is that you ask? Because the instant you left the universe, it disappeared out of this existence. Ringworld's author and a few other sci-fi authors are kind of almost there in understanding how time and space actually work, but nowhere near the truth.

These time slips? Someone is attempting to alter a set time and date in your lifetime in order for you to end up doing something other than what you were supposed to be doing and the universe detected this and fixed it.

The fact that more and more people are experiencing this means that the end game is in effect and the powers that be are frantically running around trying to stop it from happening.

But one thing that the universe always holds true to is this, if someone attempts to change Destiny, then Destiny will change them. The more that you # with the universe, the more it will # with you until either your entire existence and soul is erased or you go crazy.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Time is like a river it flows faster where it is squeezed narrow between cliffs and slower in broad bays at the mouth of the river where it empties into the vast ocean. I think that X-files episode was Tempus Fugit it had references to "Nist" in Colorado. Wonder if the fastest time reference is still a fountain of cesium atoms? Whatever good enough for above net.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I did read somewhere where humans may actually see a couple of seconds into the future without realizing it. I know a couple of times I saw something that wasn't the way things were. Then two seconds later or a few seconds later, it was. I just have to be careful not to go through red lights just because I see green for a second.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter
Yes,I have that happen to me sometimes.

One example: I was walking down the road, and suddenly in my minds eye saw an older man , riding his bike towards me.
Then a couple of seconds later,the same man on the bike really came, and rode past me.

Time slip or premonition?
I don't know.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Awesome thread! I have had a lot of similar experiences. I will post some later when my memory comes back, I am in the middle of some really harsh trauma right now so my mind is blank, but reading these threads all day had kept me nicely distracted.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Love this thread , not something i would normally be interested in , I read the whole thing!
I don't think i've ever had a time-slip. Some deja-vu though.
I was thinking about why this could happen , I have limited knowledge of dimensions and time and space but one thing jumped out in my mind, the universe is constantly expanding , couldn't this cause parts of the "fabric" to contort ?
just a thought , wish I knew more ! Feel free to explain why it would or wouldn't have an effect.

Thanks for the thread

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27
These time slips? Someone is attempting to alter a set time and date in your lifetime in order for you to end up doing something other than what you were supposed to be doing and the universe detected this and fixed it.

The fact that more and more people are experiencing this means that the end game is in effect and the powers that be are frantically running around trying to stop it from happening.

Fascinating thought. I've wondered about that in regard to 'reality shifts'. Things move, change what they are and so on because someone was screwing with time, but instead of the universe imploding it resolves the paradox with you missing the milk from your cart.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: abacus10

I am currently investigating the time slip phenomenon and find all the accounts given on these forums to be very interesting. Regarding the experience of your old boss in Regent Street, I wonder if you can possibly remember the date or at least year, of the incident. Also I wonder if Glyn thought of examining his tyre treads for debris? If you still have any contact details for Glyn I would very much like to get in touch and ask him for a first hand account.

I have identified an energy source that seems to be implicated in, at least, the local cases I have been studying, but explaining time slips themselves seems to require virtual reality concepts. I don't think physics has much to say about these things.

Carl

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Enjoyed reading through this thread, whether it's real or not, or simply fiction. It got me wondering:

If this is a thing, wouldn't we see time tourists from the future?

Edit: it's a bit suspicious to me with the supposed time travel photos that all 'time travelers' appear to be from about our age, holding smartphones of this time and some wearing our current fashion (sort of). It'd be great if there's something like that but then with clothes and devices we don't recognise at all.

Anyway, great thread

edit on 26-11-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

This is something I am fascinated by although I've never experienced a time slip/shift only the odd feeling of de ja vu. Would love to hear some more examples from our ATS members.
edit on 29112014 by Scallywwagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Listening right now to this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When I was 15, 1987, my mother an I heard a car crash! We went to the cross road. Nothing. Two weeks later, the accident happened...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

In response to all those asking about why we don't see time travelers, I refer you to the Modern Fantasy genre, or the Masquerade trope. In short, of course we don't see them, because if they were here they wouldn't reveal themselves. To do so might screw up the timestream or cause a panic!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I remember a lot of stories like these, not all of them very recent. There was one from the 16th or 17th century where someone in a castle reported seeing a person or persons seemingly from a different time period judging by their appearance. The person disappeared afterwards. I can't find a source for it, I think it was in a book I read many years ago. I'm not sure about the exact nature of time and space (is anyone?) but wouldn't the movement of the earth mean that you'd slip into space?

Most of the time slip stories I've heard involve the people of the past noticing the "traveler". I'd like to see a report from the 19th century of someone appearing in a strange vehicle before vanishing again.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ModerateManiac

Depends on what causes the phenomenon in the first place.
Some people think that these slips, tears, ghosts, etc are "imprinted" on the fabric of the place.
Rock or stone, especially when damp or at least near water, seems to be better at "recording" these things?

But who knows for sure.

G

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
On Discovery science there is this series with Morgan Freeman, and there were several "rouge" scientists proposing about the nature of time. Interesting! Time being created by heat and space/time atoms. Must find it on YT.
I think there is no time, just entropy driving a unique string of events.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join