It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Time Slip Cases

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

orionthehunter
At one time I was getting electric shocks almost all the time at random times. It's gone for the time being.

I remember getting "shocks" like energy coursing through me. One time I felt like I had been struck by lightning on a clear day (and without any damage to myself). I could hear the buzz as energy coursed through me. I looked around and saw nothing that could have created a power surge or anything. It was very weird.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I am fascinated by this topic although I can only say all I've experienced is those unimportant deja-vu moments that everyone probably gets. Some really interesting stories on here. So let's keep em coming. This is a great thread.

Here's another tale I found from the Fortean Times:

At about 7pm on the evening of 22 December 2004, Mark and his girlfriend Julia (last names unknown) set out to explore the back roads of the Catskill Mountains, near Margaretville, New York, in his F150 pickup.

As he tells the story: “Me being me, I picked roads at random as we were driving, assuming that I could find my way back (I always can in PA), but after about 30 minutes, I was seriously lost. Then, it started snowing. A lot. … I started to panic just a bit. I drove around almost blind (the snow was falling rapidly) for another hour.

Then Julia looked down at the gas gauge and started to really freak out. We were almost on empty. “A pretty bad situation, blizzard in the mountains when I’m lost and we’re running out of gas. This is how people die (or so I had heard).”

The couple finally – about an hour after they’d set out – saw some lights on the road ahead, and realised it was a gas station; the adjoining shop was signed ‘General Store’. Immensely relieved, Mark pulled up to the pumps. But the pumps looked ancient, like something out of the 1940s, and Mark’s heart sank at the thought that they were just for show. But a man walked up to them and said: “Fancy truck there boy, need a fill up?” While the man pumped gas, Mark asked him for directions back to Margaretville, which he gave “readily”.

Julia, meanwhile, had gone into the store to look around; Mark, now following her in, noticed three cars parked outside, “all looking brand new, but from the 1940s (roughly)”. Inside, he saw Julia talking to a woman behind the counter. There were “post office boxes up on the wall, big cut glass candy jars, etc. I waved hello and took a look around the place. “There was no modern food… most stores, gas station or other, have doritos etc. Not this place. They had Coke and Hershey bars, but the Coke was in glass bottles and the Hershey bars were in an odd wrapper. This was true for just about everything in the store.”

There was another surprise when they went out to pay for the fuel. “Now, normally when I pay for gas in that truck, it’s around 50 dollars. The man said my total was 2.85 dollars. I looked at him thinking I had misunderstood or he was joking. Then I asked how much gas was per gallon. ‘10 cents per. I know it’s a little high, but it’s the War’s fault.’ I handed him the money in silence, got into the car, rolled down the window to thank him and drove off using the direct­ions he gave me.” It all seemed quite straightforward at the time – as Mark said, “I knew who I was and everything, but nothing seemed out of place. It was only once the lights had faded and we were back on the main road that it clicked how strange everything was.”

The couple did, eventually, make it home to Julia’s parents’ house through the weather and the dark, but here was another odd thing. According to the clock in Mark’s pickup, they had been gone four hours, getting back at around 11pm. But the house clock said it was only 9pm when they got back. And that wasn’t all. By his own admission, Mark is “fairly compulsive about filling gas tanks up once a destination is reached”, and on arriving in Margaretville from Pennsylvania, he duly filled up. A full tank (about 19 gallons), he reckoned, would take his F-150 300 miles, say 250 when driving in the mountains. He and Julia had set out that evening with a full tank of gas. But by the time they came across the 1940s gas station and General Store, they were running on empty. As Mark said, “There’s no way in hell I drove 250 miles in an hour… on back mountain roads.”

Source : FT274

Amazing story (if true) and witnessed by two people. Not just a timeslip but `unaccounted for time` as well.

There is a niggling question I would have about this account though. It's all to do with the refuelling at the gas station. Here in the UK only unleaded fuel was available after 2000 and most new vehicles were adapted to unleaded many years before (I think it was compulsory by the mid-1980s).

So how do we explain how a modern Ford F150 pickup was filled with old fashioned leaded `gas` from the 1940s?

edit on 20/10/13 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Well yes amazing if true, the stories have a few interesting bits to them. For instance if you find yourself walking down a 1940 street, and interact with someone. Are there any reports of the people from 1940 having seen a strange person from the future dressed in clothes of a different fashion. The trouble here is probably not, unless a few people saw the same thing they would probably keep quiet about it. Another thing that comes to mind is that if two people are finding themselves in the nineteen forties in the Catskill mountains, then the effect or whatever it is, works on the car, as well as the people, their clothes and bacteria flora they may be carrying plus, anything in there pocket. In fact a field effect.
I read one yesterday about an elderly lady in England with arthritis who misdialled her sisters number , this happened in 1974, when the number was answered it went something like "Major Smith here" She could her an air raid siren , so she said "It sounds like you have a war going on" He Replies 'Of course there is a war going on" And she can hear bombs dropping. She says the war ended in 1945 Then he starts getting suspicious with questions like who are you where did you get this number? its 1943, etc. It all sounds like some sort of holographic recording where something can act as a tuner so that a time line gets crossed. Where you as the receiver get coherent but anomalous signals, as a reality input. It sounds a lot like missing time, UFO. reports etc but not to the effect where the observer is confronted with something as unworldly as a flying craft and aliens. But something more mundane and reportable.
My interest was spiked when many years ago my girlfriend and I were driving in an English country road, around about twilight we saw a pub with coloured lights strung over the front, so we stopped and had a great evening, with the Licensee a lady of eighty or so dancing on a table, she was ex theatrical or some such thing. The next week we decided to look for the same Pub...but we couldn't find it. In fact we spent the whole evening going up and down roads. The funny thing about this is the other day, I was reading Gay Baldwins books about strange stories on the Isle of Wight, and there is the account of a couple doing exactly the same thing in the same area, they couldn't find the pub again. It always struck me as strange, I even thought it might have been a house that just opened as a pub when the mood struck the people who ran it. But after reading someone else had the same experience I did get chills. Synchronicity is a funny thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

mirageman
So how do we explain how a modern Ford F150 pickup was filled with old fashioned leaded `gas` from the 1940s?

Leaded gas should work in a modern car, but maybe the catalysator would have to be replaced afterwards.

Fascinating story.

I only know "highway jumps", around 5-10 mins gone (dont know for shure, i dont stare at the clock while driving) , around 80-100 miles done, no memories about the missing minutes or how i went there. Saved one hour driving. Experienced this three times, always in the same area, but not everytime i drove there...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've noticed most people on this thread talk about experiences, either own experiences or known experiences in time slips.

Any one have any takes on the theory, trigger or method behind such occurrences?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

yeaok
I've noticed most people on this thread talk about experiences, either own experiences or known experiences in time slips.

Any one have any takes on the theory, trigger or method behind such occurrences?

The theory could be simpler than we realise, its all based on the human bodies input of stimulus, the fact we think we have a body might just be input stimulus, to build a working reality. At one stage the daily grind grounds us, in an agreed state that is inferred to be normal reality, that is repetitive, In form but not detail.IE. you drive to work everyday, but not the same way or the same speed. The variation within the structure is required or the predictability would cause mental under stimulation. If this happens the individual might hunt for more input and find it outside the agreed reality. Every stimulus we garnish is all in code, photons hit the retina, which release some electrons which stimulate nerve endings, which are used to build a model of a social reality. So our reality is a "working model "only which can be changed if its not working for the individual. If another person can agree on a change from the grounded input state, then you have Paranormal. But if some input isn't in grounded reality it will be censored and discarded. Or set in socially accepted norms, like religion etc. So If we actually see a flying saucer or a fairy, we might not have seen them but something that is so "far out" its interpreted as them. It might well be that the stimulus is interpreted as them, by social conditioning. To say its an energy source or a light of some sort, that we haven't censored out. but has to be fitted in our reality model or discarded. Either way its all in the interpretation of input which is encoded. The input is electromagnetic waves. Material reality might not be material at all. But its all we've got, and its the reality we have all been made to operate in.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

One theory is this one

The Time Slip Theory works from the premise that time is fluid rather than fixed. Time is not linear as we experience it, but exists within a context of a single point of space. It is a term usually applied when a period of time, maybe minutes or even years, appears to have been lost inexplicably, by one or more people, and is most commonly associated with a paranormal or extraterrestrial occurrence.

Many people have reported such an experience during a journey, when the last reliable reference remembered of time is that of a clock striking or a news report on the radio, only to find that the next time the individual becomes fully aware of time, more time than expected has elapsed in contradiction to what would have been expected. The individual is then unable to account for the lost time.

Although many scientists would argue that time cannot be lost but merely confused, for the people that experience this phenomena, it can be far from easily explained as a lapse of concentration or a period of drowsiness, or even sleep.

Source : sites.google.com...

Now in theory every "moment in time", given enough technology can be observed in the universe. Because everything is relative to the point of the observer. But it is also relative to the distance the observer is from the event observed. So you can take a picture of a star that may well have blinked out years ago but you can't take a picture of something that happened last week outside your door.

There is another problem with time travel here on earth. The earth spins around the sun. The sun rotates around a galactic centre. In fact we can never truly gauge exactly where we are in the universe - only where we are relative to everything else in the universe. So how exactly do people slide back (or forward in time) when the point in space of the planet changes all the time. To do so means that not only do they travel in time but they must also travel vast distances in space as they "slip" then return to the "present".
Life as we know it could well all be a simulation stimulating our mind and things glitch occasionally,a sort of "Matrix" situation, that anonentity so eloquently describes.

Most of the stories I've heard seem to be timeslips that in the history of the universe are hardly a blink of an eye. A couple of hundred years or so at the very most. Are there any stories of people witnessing the dinosaur age or the Stone Age, or a distant future? I'd be interested to hear them.

Then again perhaps some people really do get trapped in the past/future and never return. How many missing persons are there every year?

So yes - I haven't really a clue what the cause could be

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just found this timeslip into a "future" time:

Daisy and her friend Rick were driving to another friend’s house in September of 2004 in Rick's beat up old truck. “Suddenly, the truck's engine died and Rick and I were stranded on a deserted highway in the middle of the night,”

Daisy says. "We were surrounded on both sides of the road by cornfields that stretched into the distance. “Rick began a desperate effort to restart the truck, but nothing seemed to work. We decided to walk to the nearest town about two miles away to find a payphone to call our friend. We walked for what seemed like hours and the town was nowhere in sight.

“However, just when desperation was about to grip us, we saw a light, a gloriously bright light, shining over the steep hill ahead of us. We ran up the hill that blocked us from the light and were flabbergasted by what we saw. Just over the hill, Rick and I saw what could only be described as a futuristic city with lights streaming out of every window of the massive, metallic towers. In the middle of the futuristic city was a huge silver dome.

“I stared at the city, stunned, until Rick elbowed me, which pulled me out of my trance and he pointed to the sky. Hovering above the city were hundreds of hovercraft. One flew toward us with amazing speed. “Rick and I were so scared that we took off running back to the broken down truck. I never looked back, but I felt someone watching me the whole way. When we got back to the truck, it started without difficulty. Rick and I took off as fast as we could in the opposite direction. We never went back or spoke of it again to this day.

Source : paranormal.about.com...

Not sure what to make of it as it's another "anonymous" tale. But highly interesting if true

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The one question I would like to know, are time slips a subjective or objective reality?. if they are Objective then they can be filmed and recorded. Some reports are obviously objective, where something happens and one or more people see and feel an alternative reality. I can see an effect like ball lightening, either wiping the brain completely, thus having reports of missing time . Or partially interfering with the brains perception of reality, depending on the strength of the effect. Leaving the subject to fill in the details of the missing time which is in fact the memory of reality. Which is what subjective reality is. There are some pretty strange security videos out there . Never have we had this level of surveillance! (for good or bad) that seem to suggest these blips in reality are objective. Which mean they have happened as sure as we can assume anything has happened. One interesting one is a security guard doing his round one second he is there and the next he disappears the security camera flickers suggesting electrical activity. Then later he reappears on his hands and knees being sick. Or a soldier out on patrol sees two violet lights, goes to investigate, disappears for fifteen minutes and walks back to camp with a weeks stubble on his chin in a disorientated state. Again an electrical effect but interpreted the same as UFO. encounters?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I missed the time limit to edit...if you google "Manchester poltergeist caught on security cam" We seem to have a real incident in a public building caught in the early hours. One of the cams picks up a fleeting shadow before all hell breaks loose. Notice an electrical effect with all the monitors. Although this isn't a time slip, its definitely a reality blip. Could an employee have returned to the place of work to cause havoc with a subconscious desire to wreck the place. If this can happen on cam, then time slips could occur as well.
The one I referred to earlier about the disappearing security guard has been pulled from U tube, due to copyright violations.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hello all,
This is my first post on here.
Apx 5 years ago I was staying in my mothers flat while she was residing in Spain for a few months. I was there for 2 nights. The second night I walked from the bedroom into the hall way & was immediately aware that the light was different. I should explain that my mothers place was a rather dimly lit place, a time warp itself of sorts, 80's decor (woodchip wallpaper & shades of beige) It was a dusty place with art & antiques on every surface. As I say I noticed the light firstly, bright. As I lifted my head I saw the hall I was in was crisp, with white walls & spot lights running along the ceiling. I was in the same hallway I could see the window that faces me right at the end of the hall & it was nighttime as it was meant to be I did not feel like I was anywhere other than I should of been but was quite taken aback at how fresh & clean the place looked. I reached to touch the wall and it was sheer, gone where the woodchip and not one picture hung from the walls. The floor was a dark wood (it had been a cheap cord carpet in real time). As I walked along the hall towards the window at the end I was in awe at how nice it looked (I had asked my mother to give the place a clean up for years). I reached the window and turned back to see and as quick as I did that I was looking at the same old hallway again. I immediately went back to the bedroom, sat on the old lumpy bed and called my mother at her holiday home. I think she thought I was drunk! I simply presumed that I had some sort of premonition about how I would decorate it in future years.
Shortly after this night my mother became unwell with an anxiety disorder, she returned from spain and we spent 3 years in misery, I live 100 miles from my mother so only saw her at wknds. Eventually I managed to convince her to sell up & move to my area. It was a huge battle to get her to agree as this had been her home for 34 years and had NOT been in the plans, it was to be her home till her death & passed to me. As I say she agreed to sell and live near me so I could get to her quickly.
Anyway moving on a year and I looked on an estate agent website to see if my mums place had been put up for sale again & for how much & sure enough it was on the site for rental. there were some pics of the flat which had gone some extensive renovation and there it was, the clean white walls with spotlights in the ceiling, dark wood floors. I just could not explain what had happened 4 years previous. Now I see that I had been in a time slip/clip and yes it was into the future. Or????

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The disappearing road and other time slip stories.

Here's some more for a much needed bump to this wonderful thread.

They are in the Ravendale Review thought it'd interest everyone here.
edit on 29-10-2013 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by ldyserenity because: missing letter and wrong letter

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thank you ldyserenity.

I've been reading all the stories, and have been meaning to answer but work and real life kept me busy.

So, thanks for bumping the thread, I appreciate it. And thank you for the link.

reply to post by Vviena1606

Well, first off, thanks so much for posting your experience. It was fascinating!
I think you experienced a real time slip into the future back then.
I wonder if this was the only time something likes this happened to you.

Thanks again, and enjoy your evening.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Hello Rainbowresidue, thanks for commenting on my experience. I have had a look at your profile & it seems this subject interests you alot. I also am. From research it looks like alot of testimonies relate to time lapsing whilst people are in a rush or many incidents whilst driving or travelling and such like but what id like to know is what your opinion is as to what happened to me (as you have read)? Have you read or heard of anything similar to my story?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vviena1606

I've heard/read of countless stories where people have said that they had a time slip, but in most of those cases, they got a glimpse into the past, not the future. Future time slips are rarer in my opinion.

I don't really know the cause of that, but it is worth noticing.

My own experience was rather a time skip than a slip. (You can read about my experiences in the other thread-link to it is in my first post of this thread.)

Your experience also reminded me of people who get visions about the future, but this not your case, since you were actually in the house when it changed and it wasn't a vision.

I don't know when our knowledge of science will be advanced enough to understand this phenomena, might take a while, lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
OK, I'm going to share here. It's not a "big" time slip but has been interesting to me since it happened. I was at Charita Beach on the island of Java back in the 70's...summer of '75 to be exact....and I looked out from our cabin to the sea and saw the coral...bare of water...with the waves crashing far out at the end of the reef. I turned to my friends and said "the tide's out! let's go fishing!" My friends looked at me like I was crazy! I looked at the beach again and it was full tide.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The more and more I think about the nature of time, I have to conclude that time travel isn't possible. Unless you actually visit a parallel time line. So when time slippers actually interact with past/future people, this either isn't the case or it's with people from a time line that resembles ours very much.

EDIT: to clarify my view; I think time is a quality of space. A quality that continiously changes. It creates sort of a chain with unqiue beads in a unique chain going forward in what we call the arrow of time (which I think is higly related to entropy).
edit on 21-11-2013 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2013 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I found other interesting time slip cases.

A person shares her time slip case experience at www.theparacast.com...

My memory of this Time Slip occurred during this experience did not start surface again until 1971 when I moved, 3 years later..I kept in silence..The memories of my experience became on and off thru out the years until now.. I was finally able to come to terms with the possible reality of these Time Slip events and began researching the Internet to find corroboration for my experience and the corroboration that initially had the biggest impact for me was found at about.com and allexperts.com ( Of the Paranormal).

I had an unusual Time Slip phenomenon experience when i was a child (7 years old) back in July of 1968 in Fitchburg,MA on a hot sunny day when I decided to take a walk into the woods alone in my neighborhood to explorer like most kids do. The woods were thick and shady I was pulling off branches and leaves away from my face, hair and body. It was a 10 minute walk..When i came out of the woods on the other side..I was shocked and stunned of what i saw which I describe as a futuristic neighborhood..The houses and roads look well-advanced, extremely clean, colorful and beautiful.. The roads was not made out of black tar but silvery/white metallic cement that you can see the sun shines right off of it..The houses looked well-advanced with many huge windows, colorful roof tops and the street lights look different too.. I have never seen this before..I was only there for 6 minutes and there were no people around ONLY ME, the future houses and the road. I can hear a deep humming sound from the distance which to me sounds like ( An alive power box) I am not sure if that what it was. I felt lonely, afraid and a little bit lost.. I decided to go back into the woods to tell my mom..My mom did not listen to me and said, "Stay out of the woods" I had to stay in on that day because i wanted to go back into the woods to see that future place again for its beauty and to explore..I cried and cried feeling anxious and compelled to go back. The next day I snuck out and went back into the woods to find the future place and it wasnt there..It was GONE!..I spent almost 1 hour in the woods looking NOTHING!! The only thing i saw were regular 1960's houses and the road was not smooth and brand new looking It had some cracks in them. I was fully awake before, during and after my experience.

P.S..... Before I had my Time Slip experience..On May 1968, I was playing near by woods and decided to go for a walk into the woods until i saw a big tree fire burning. I ran to a near by neighbor and told him...The neighbor ran towards the woods saw the fire was spreading and yelled into the woods "anyone up there?" No one came out of the woods and the neighbor ran to his home to call the fire department and the fire was put out. I was just wondering if this was all connected some how..WE tell our true story experiences, Its well documented and it is up to the scientists or paranormal experts to figure this all out. Maybe one day we will have a full explanation and answers to all of our phenomenon experiences.

And another one from 1953:

One case was recorded by Mr Archie “Racer” Carmichael who was driving from Birmingham to London in 1953 when he stopped for a drink in a Cotswold village near Borton-on-the-Water. He parked his Austin-Healy 100/4 outside the local pub and entered for a drink. He was shocked when the he found the people inside the bar looked as if they were from an earlier century. His cautious attempts to communicate were ignored and after a few minutes the scene dissolved and Archie found himself being asked if he was alright by a worried looking barman. It seems that he thought he had seen ghosts but was probably experiencing a time slip.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Awesome post! I'm off to bed so I don't have time to go over all the posts in the thread so forgive me if these two have already been shared.

Basically two English women were visiting the Normandy beach in 1951. During their visit, they were amazed by sounds of the battle still raging even though there's been peace for nine years already. The site I'm linking to says it's a residual haunting, but could it be that they too experienced an audible "time slip"?

For the entire story and things they heard: Click me!

There's also a story about an elderly couple in England that witness a small group of vikings that cross a road in the late 70's. This is from a series of "Unexplained Mystery" books I received throughout the 90's, I can't find the story online and the books are in the U.S. whereas I'm in Europe. Anyways, from memory: They were driving home at night in a woodland area and saw a small group of what they claimed to be vikings attempt to cross the road only to be stopped in bewilderment by the headlights of the car. They didn't dare exit the vehicle and the group vanished abruptly.

They were shocked, and from what I recall is that there was an ancient viking stone that depicted a group of vikings in England that encountered a "fiery chariot" (the car with lights?).

I'm really sorry that I can't provide a link to the story, perhaps your Google-Fu is stronger than mine. Please also note that I'm recalling this from at least a fourteen year old memory! However, I believe this to be a good memorization of the story presented in the book. And the story is one I've told many others as I believe it might be a time slip.

Good night and happy new years everyone!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Thanks for sharing your stories. Have a good night, and Happy New Year.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join