It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Time Slip Cases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue

Hello Mirageman, and thanks for stopping by.
So, you must know a lot of stories about Liverpool's Bold Str. then. Lucky duck!

There are many stories from the 'pool and the surrounding areas. Most of them are simply folklore.

Although maybe one day I'll do a thread on the "bogeyman" that turned out to be real

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
absolutely amazing i enjoy time travel and theory s of it, i have never come across story's of time loops . i have had many a dream of been in the past i always find them magical i am never myself call me crazy if you like
some are terrifying but i am glad i am not the only nutter in this world. S&F i thoroughly enjoyed this thread . nice to have some thing different for once !

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm from TN and am surrounded by woods. I remember several years ago, I was home alone. It was very cloudy and low to the ground.
I went outside with a video camera. I was outside and I heard this roaring. I saw these blue jets like I've never seen.
They were flying so low, that you could hear the roar of the engines and they kept flying in circles.
It was so loud, like not too high above the houses. I'll never forget the high pitch roar.

I've seen fighter jets fly over my area before but they were always very high, covered a large area and not the design of these and never on a very cloudy day.
Especially when it's so cloudy you couldn't see much. I could see the cloud swirl as the jets went through them.

I have all this on a song 8mm tape. It's mixed with other home video tapes and if I find it, I will upload it some how to share. I never experienced anything like this before that day and never again after. I'm not sure what happened was a time slip. But who knows? It was just very weird.
edit on 18-10-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
fascinating stuff!!!
IMHO multiple universes and timelines are real. Well, as real as real is!
I can't recall experiencing a times slip but I know I've experienced a changed past or I've crossed into different timelines. Not sure which of the two. I just know that I had witnessed something tragic on the streets of NYC some 10 years ago and it was written about in the papers, even in The New Yorker. Years later, something triggered the memory and I went to research the event and found absolutely nothing. I spend hours searching. I even checked police records. All I can figure is that is didn't happen. Not that I have false memories, but that the past changed, or that I have memories from a different timeline.
Yes, time and space are illusions.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just by coincidence, this past Friday morning on my way to work, I passed over a dozen model T's and a couple of large metal cars from very long ago. I did not think this was paranormal. Someone was probably in an old car or model T club and going somewhere. I do not remember seeing so many old cars in great condition going down the road before. I just thought it was a neat coincidence spotting this thread on the same day.

I've had some very unusual experiences with people suddenly changing on me. I'm a believer in the multi-verse concept. I have my own theory that you can pop into a different parallel world or your consciousness can into your parallel body if you randomly die. I believe it could be an out of body experience where you don't remember the transition. The other idea I had is that if you can have an out of body experience, then what is there that makes sure you pop back into your body in the correct reality? I've thought about this because I'd rather not experience too many more sudden changes in several of the people I see. At one time I was getting electric shocks almost all the time at random times. It's gone for the time being. I feel kind of sad about the possibility that there could be a reality for every possible outcome. That could mean I really did come from a parallel reality where I fell asleep driving home at night and died in that world just by bad random luck.

When I remembered suddenly waking up while driving and was much closer to home, I could have switched my consciousness. If others are doing this due to bad luck by random chance, it could explain why their memories are a mess. They could be remembering a different world with tiny differences from the new one they woke up in. Just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Amazing stories ladies and gentlemen!
Keep them coming!
I enjoy reading through them and comparing them to each other.

Thanks again to all who are contributing to this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

This thread is fascinating. I haven't had any experiences myself. OP, you mentioned you have had experiences yourself. Would you mind sharing?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by meebabi

Thanks , and my experiences are in my first post of this thread, just click on the link.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There was a brief stretch of time in the autumn and winter of 1995 where a friend and I had two unbelievably bizarre 'time rift' experiences. (I've posted about this in past threads).

We were driving out in the country late at night and we were listening to the "Indie" radio station. We heard a very cool new song, a really upbeat pop song. The song was "Brimful of Asha". Over a year went by, and I heard it on the radio again. I did some detective work online, and discovered the song hadn't even been written at the time we heard it.
Our only 'logical' explanation was that it had in fact been written and recorded, and there was some sort of pre-release promotion. That's pretty unlikely though. We were just struggling to make sense of it.
There was another instance of a co-worker describing a movie they saw over the weekend. I forgot about it, then saw a newspaper ad for the film almost a year later. It was being shown for the first time on a Friday, two weeks away.

There is no doubt in my mind that these time displacements occur. None.

A time-displaced song?
edit on 19-10-2013 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

ColeYounger
There was a brief stretch of time in the autumn and winter of 1995 where a friend and I had two unbelievably bizarre 'time rift' experiences. (I've posted about this in past threads).

We were driving out in the country late at night and we were listening to the "Indie" radio station. We heard a very cool new song, a really upbeat pop song. The song was "Brimful of Asha". Over a year went by, and I heard it on the radio again. I did some detective work online, and discovered the song hadn't even been written at the time we heard it.
Our only 'logical' explanation was that it had in fact been written and recorded, and there was some sort of pre-release promotion. That's pretty unlikely though. We were just struggling to make sense of it.
There was another instance of a co-worker describing a movie they saw over the weekend. I forgot about it, then saw a newspaper ad for the film almost a year later. It was being shown for the first time on a Friday, two weeks away.

A time-displaced song?

Brimful of Asha was released in 1997 but only reached no 60 in the charts it was then remixed by fatboy slim and re-released in 1998 and went to no1 in the charts

So you could have heard the original version in 1997 then heard the remixed version in 1998 a year later. The original track would have been played on the indie genre stations when first released as you mention but that version didn’t get much air time but the later remixed version was much more popular and got lots of air time.

As you said this was in the autumn and winter time the original version was released in September 1998 the remixed version was released in December 1997

So you see your memory of this song matches the facts surrounding it perfectly except your memory of the dates seems to be off by a couple of years.

The only other explanation is that you were living in 1997 / 98 when you thought you were living in 1995

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

brianporter

ColeYounger

A time-displaced song?

Brimful of Asha was released in 1997 but only reached no 60 in the charts it was then remixed by fatboy slim and re-released in 1998 and went to no1 in the charts

So you could have heard the original version in 1997 then heard the remixed version in 1998 a year later. The original track would have been played on the indie genre stations when first released as you mention but that version didn’t get much air time but the later remixed version was much more popular and got lots of air time.

As you said this was in the autumn and winter time the original version was released in September 1998 the remixed version was released in December 1997

So you see your memory of this song matches the facts surrounding it perfectly except your memory of the dates seems to be off by a couple of years.

The only other explanation is that you were living in 1997 / 98 when you thought you were living in 1995

"Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow, everybody needs a bosom..."
But no timeslips due to Cornershop.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Oh, thanks! Don't know how I missed that.....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hi folks,

Quite honestly, I don't post here often at all. I do however read ATS avidly and enjoy the content.

However, reading this thread has spurred the memory of something that happened to me long ago.

I am now 59 years old and this occurred when I was about 14 and my brother was 11. My brother and I had been outside playing all day with our two cousins, two other boys approximately our same ages. Back then, it was very fashionable to have toy guns, makeshift helmets and to pretend you were WW2 soldiers on the battlefield and that was how we spent most of the afternoon that summer day. We were yelling, barking orders at each other and making the usual gun noises, and screaming as we got "shot" and put out of action.

Back then, our house was not air-conditioned and we generally slept at night with the windows open. My bedroom was on the back of the house at the ground level, adjacent the backyard where we have been playing all day. I had just gone to bed about 10 PM and was reading a comic book, wide-awake, when I heard the distinct sound of my cousin yelling out in the backyard. Thinking this was strange, I went to the window and peered out through the opening. It was pitch dark and I heard Chip yell once again for his brother Dan to cover him while he took the "hill".

It then dawned on me that I was hearing was an exact auditory reenactment of our "battle" earlier in the afternoon. I still remember now (with chills) standing at that open window and listening as the voices of my brother, my cousins and I had a great time playing outside. It only lasted about two or three minutes and then it was over with the return of crickets chirping and cicadas buzzing in the trees.

I have never experienced anything like that again, although, I actually would like to have it happen again. I would listen now more critically and try to understand more fully what was actually going on.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Looking at this phenomena from a scientific point of view "time" is something we can't really define easily.

We all live in a moment we think of as the present. But even the thought you have at this very moment is actually nano-seconds in the past as it travels through your brain. A TV signal takes a little longer to reach the screen where it gets broken into tiny dots for your brain to make sense of the picture and de-code the sounds.

You can look into the sky and (assuming it's a clear day) see a sun whose light and heat have taken 8 minutes to reach the earth. Stare out into the night sky and you are witnessing the light of stars that have taken years to reach your retina. Professional astronomers will take pictures of events that happened billions of years ago in the far distant corners of the universe.

So in effect the "present" ,to each and every one of us, consists of signals from the past universe around us. Whilst the whole universe actually exists in a future we have not yet perceived.

The fact that these timeslips are witnessed by more than one person on occasion suggests that it isn't something just in the mind and something else is manipulating events.

The question is what?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by brianporter

The night we heard the song, we were driving home from an appointment my friend had. He's a
building contractor, and was meeting with a homeowner about doing some work. He still has copies of the estimates he gave them. It was November of 1995. That's why I'm still so mystified by the occurrence.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rad22

Very interesting! Your experience gives support to the theory that events are somehow 'recorded', and
can be heard or seen, and 'relived' at varying times. Unlike the many cases where people step back in time and are now walking the streets of their town as it was in the past, you experienced just the audio.
This really is fascinating.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I think it's probably a conjoining or apex or maybe like in the movie Deja Vu where they actually just have a window to the future. Maybe they were not conjoined so to speak like if they went outside (Or closer to the event they see) it would vanish.
edit on 20-10-2013 by ldyserenity because: left out or

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If God is outside Time, and only our physical world experiences Time, and since Time is now a fourth dimension, is it not true we absolutely don't live in a 3-dimensional world, but a 4-dimensional world!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The most likely explanation is false memory deriving from dream, people often underestimate this phenomena.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

QuietSpeech
These are great stories, thank you for sharing. After reading them it seems like there are "slips" where people accidentally walk into something, and others that are more a result of desire/focus as if they were purposefully created to fulfill a need.

That's exactly what I was thinking, QuietSpeech. In fact, I wonder if it is not much more common than we imagine. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can think of various times where my reality may have bumped up against another one. All of these stories lead to such intriguing questions. For instance, if I cross over into another reality or timeline, what happens to the family that I leave behind here? I miss them already!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join