It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Time Slip Cases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Great thread! I love time-slip stories. I haven't experienced such a thing myself in the way of actually seeing buildings and people from another time, but I have had some odd experiences with time. For example, I was in a class once and suddenly something just "fell away" and I became aware that there was no such thing as time--that everything happened all at once, in this sort of compressed yet expanded state. Time is an illusion. The slip came and went very quickly, but it's had a powerful impact on me to this day. I don't know what to make of it, but it was a haunting moment.

I'm not that interested in traveling to the future, but there are certain time periods I would very much like to travel back to. The 1800's in London is high on my list.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Thanks again,
I will look into it.
You must have me confused with someone. I work in education. I've never had air force training, one of the reasons might be my terrible fear of flying....

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

amicktd
Maybe this could explain the reason that you see strange things in older photos/movies. I remember seeing a few threads. For example I remember reading this thread that showed a man and woman with cell phones in a pretty old film.

Here is the link:
Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

Here is the video:

These stories are always very interesting...thanks op for the thread. Unsure if my links will work, I've never attempted to embed links before.

Wow amicktd, It was the clip from the Charlie Chaplin film, the Circus, that got me into ATS, in the first place, I was obsessed with it. I think that was 3 years ago now. I still don't believe that a real answer has been given to that particular clip.......

Ps.....To re-post the video again so that it works, go to the video on youtube and in the location bar copy the figures that come after the = sign and add it to the youtube box when you add your post. Hope this helps.....

Cheers........

edit on 18-10-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I love these stories. It really expands thinking and tells us that we really have a lot to learn
about reality and the universe. I wonder how many people have gotten caught in time slips
and have made a good life for themselves in the past ... knowing the future can be a great
advantage.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I also have a time slip or maybe a shift in timeline. I bought this second-hand car around 7 years ago and it has a separate key for the trunk. So my car keys go in two as one is to start the engine and doors and the other is to open the trunk. The key for opening the trunk can be distinguished because there is a black rubber tube covering that key. That key for the trunk cannot open the door nor can it start the engine while the key for the engine cannot open the trunk. I don't know why the previous owner has a separate key for the trunk but I'm used to that already.

Then last December 2012 (probably 3rd week of December), the key for the trunk cannot anymore open the trunk! I've been using that key for years already so I am positive that the key with rubber cover is for the trunk. Then I tried the key for the engine to open the trunk and the trunk did open. The key with rubber cover can now open the doors but can't start the engine and can't open the trunk. But the key for the engine can also open the doors, start the engine and now open the trunk. I'm not using the key with rubber cover anymore as the other key can open everything now but I just left it with the other key just for souvenir.

I guess what I experienced is a shift of my timeline. Everything else is the same for me except for that one key that I don't need to use anymore. I wonder if my future changed because I shifted timeline.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Askal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Yea sorry it was docholidaze who said he was in the air force.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Fine thread and good presentation of the material. This is a fascinating subject and I have a lot of cases and material here in my library that goes along these lines. The question is what causes this phenomenon? Even if one were to debunk some of these tales as mental breakdowns or other things along those lines , there are some examples that have no explanation.
History is littered with cases and examples like this and it's always nice to peel back the veil a little and speculate on what really happens in time slip cases. Good thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Thanks davethebear, appreciate the assistance. Here I will attempt to link that video to this thread so others can see it if they haven't yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just discovered this thread and I know it will be an awesome read as I don't know much about time slips.

I guess I had a time slip a couple years back. I don't know what else you would call it.

When leaving a doctors office I got a call from my son. He was having some car issue and I told him I was on my way home. He told me not to bother, but I wanted to let him use my car so he wouldn't be late for school, if he coundn't get it running. I was planning to head to the YMCA in the next town over to take some puzzles, books and coloring books for the daycare there where I was working at the time. I figured that could wait.

I headed home and after going through 2 stoplights (about 1/3 mile) I found myself in the next town over about 15 miles away from where I started on a different street that intersected a Highway about a mile from the YMCA. So I dropped off the stuff for the kids and went home.

I keep thinking: "How in the world did that happen?"

After less than 5 minutes of going down a street I found myself on another street in the next city over that did not link to street I was on. In fact, I thought I was still on the street in my city until I got to the Highway in the next city This wasn't county road traveling where I could have got lost in thought. This was city traffic.

BTW My son had been able to get his car started and didn't need mine anyway.

Thanks for making this post because I never considered this as a time slip before. I was clueless about what happened. Unable to make any sense of it, I looked at it as a positive thing, I was able to save time and gas, but this seemed like something from the TV show "Twilight Zone." It still does.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
These are great stories, thank you for sharing. After reading them it seems like there are "slips" where people accidentally walk into something, and others that are more a result of desire/focus as if they were purposefully created to fulfill a need.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What if time and space is basically an illusion, that it's just the way the mind puts everything together. Albert Einstein believed that when we die...time reboots itself. If that is true, would that mean we are being punished under some sort of spell/trance or are we all God that chose to live like this because only God exists? There is something to brood about.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Like I said in my other thread, I think you are right about that in my case. My time slips happened out of needing to arrive to another place very urgently.

reply to post by Evanzsayz

Now that's some food for thought right there. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My Story :

Early one weekday, when I was living at home still, I experienced some ‘time abominable’ with my mother. I was in high-school at the time, and we woke up late.. it was about 5 mins until when my school started. We were rushing to get around, I saw the clock in my room, and as we were running out of the house, I saw the clock on the kitchen stove. We started to drive down the road, around a quarter-mile down from our house, we had a strange experience where we both kind of just woke-up in the car. (best way I can describe it) It was a strange experience, but we oddly didn't talk about it much and just kept on driving. Arriving into the town of my school we found that we were surprisingly an hour early?! Stunned & puzzled, we drove back home. We went back home only to find that both of our wristwatches have stopped working.

My Experiences:

I have many experiences on this property.. one of the strangest was when I was about 18 it was a complete overcast sky, nothing but gray. I was outside digging, when I heard a low rumble sound. I looked up above this big oak tree and saw a small hole in the overcast (about the size of a basketball) slowly moving towards me. As it was, it was slowly opening up wider and wider, until it was directly over me, about the size of a small swimming pool (12 ft). The sun shined on me and made me cry uncontrollably, even thinking of it now makes me tear up. It shined on me for about a minute or so, then slowly moved away and the hole kept shrinking until it was gone & the rumble sound disappeared.

My Area:

My area is very strange. There has been odd things happings in my days of being on this planet. We have had strange UFO sightings (some report on the UFO center by other people with a mile marker location that is in the same line) Here’s footage my brother film outside the house, in the same vacany - UFO Video, Bigfoot sightings, I have witnessed & heard personally. There has been many, many accidents on the highway and recently a vehicle suicide. All within the same area, but further down a line (Ley line?).

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here is another thread that could be a case of Time slipswww.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Photo From 1940s showing Time Traveler?

You can follow this link to view the picture...pragueunplugged.blogspot.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">1940's Time traveller

When I seen this thread, I immediately thought of this thread and the thread that I linked earlier.

I might be way off, but figured I'd put in my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well neither of my links worked I guess I suck lol. If you search Photo from 1940s showing Time Traveler, you will see what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Great thread and what is interesting is that we all seem to know a story but this has never been brought together. The famous one from my area is the marston moor where soldiers have been spotted looking for their dead ( this was one of the bloodiest battles in Britain).

I wonder if there is a connection with all of these cases.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Crazy stuff, the thing is time is basically a dimension, and it seems to have physical properties as it can change with gravity etc. God is outside of time which he created it, that is how he knows exactly what will happen in the future. He see's then entire thing all at once. The spiritual dimension I don't think has time, people who have died and gone to Heaven and come back often say they didn't sense a passing of time.

Side note:
Someone said on a radio talk show, not sure who it was, could been on coast to coast, that it could be possible to travel forward in time, but not backward.

edit on 18-10-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Hello Rainbowresidue,

This is one topic I find absolutely fascinating and baffling at the same time.

The story of the the policeman in Bold Street in 1996 seeing an earlier vision of Liverpool is well known in the North West of England as it even featured on a news programme. I may have even been close by on that day as I worked in Liverpool City Centre in that summer of 96 not far from Waterstones. It was a great time to be in Liverpool.

There are more tales from that area of here : www.parascience.org.uk...

There are also other timeslip stories which are embellished upon and even fabricated by a Liverpool author Tom Slemen (entertaining though he is) who appears on local radio frequently. So I don't take all these stories at face value. But here's the man in his own dulcet scouse tones telling the story of the 1996 timeslip.

I did hear they tracked down the young girl dressed in 1996 clothes but can't find any information at the moment. Maybe I'll pop back a bit later if I find anything.

The question also has to be asked is do the people on the other side of these timeslips see anything?

If so is this how ghost stories begin?

edit on 18/10/13 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

mirageman

The question also has to be asked is do the people on the other side of these timeslips see anything?

If so is this how ghost stories begin?

Hello Mirageman, and thanks for stopping by.
So, you must know a lot of stories about Liverpool's Bold Str. then. Lucky duck!

You know, your question is one I have asked myself many times. Do they see us too?
In some cases they seem to interact with the people going through the time slip, and in other cases they see through them as if they weren't there.

I read a story once where a couple were driving on a to them very familiar road in Australia once, and suddenly they found themselves in the past, and non of the people on that road saw them, except a child. The others didn't seem to notice them at all!

So, how come in some time slip cases we can interact with those people from another era, and in other cases we are basically invisible?
I truly don't know the answer to that.

I have read just as many cases with people interacting with time-slip victims , as when they don't.

Time/space is a tricky thing to understand.
edit on 18/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Fantastic OP, love these kinds of stories. I've always been fascinated by this. For me Peter's letter always comes to mind:

"But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day." (2 Peter 3:8)

Always wondered what it would be like to be outside of time...

But again, time-slippin' stories are awesome! Thanks for this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join