It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Time Slip Cases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Time slips and time travel have fascinated me for years. I have read documented stories published in newspapers, or personal stories posted on blogs... I have read all famous cases. Today I'd like to show you 5 time slip cases that I found very interesting and not yet made into threads here at ATS.
I have experienced time slips myself, which I did a thread about a while ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

"...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."

-Albert Einstein

Following are 5 bizarre time slip stories. Please click on the links to read the full story. And feel free to share your own experiences and favorite time slip stories.

#1 Battle of Nechtansmere Time Slip
Source: blogs.forteana.org...

2 January 1950, and a cocktail party held 10 miles away in the little town of Brechin. This party was attended by Miss E.F. Smith, a lady then aged about 55 who was resident in the village of Letham, under Dunnichen Hill. According to her own account, Miss Smith left the party late, having consumed an unspecified quantity of those delicious cocktails. Driving conditions were extremely poor. It was pitch dark, and 'a fall of snow had been followed by rain.' Two miles outside Brechin, Miss Smith skidded her car into a ditch. There was, she insisted,

no question of [her] skid having been due to her fainting, or other lapse of consciousness, nor [had she been] injured in any way, or concussed. She had to abandon her car, however, and continue her journey on foot – a distance of about eight miles.

The paranormal experience began when Miss Smith was about half a mile from the first houses of Letham village and it continued until she reached them. The time was getting on for 2 am. Peering ahead, she saw a groups of lights moving in the distance which, as she walked on, gradually resolved themselves into a shadowy group of figures carrying flaming torches.

Miss Smith, 'they were obviously looking for their own dead... the one I was watching, the nearest one, would bend down and turn a body over, and, if he didn't like the look of it, he just turned it back on its face and went on to the next one... There were several of them.... I supposed they were going to bury them.'Miss Smith had long come to the conclusion that she had somehow witnessed groups of Pictish warriors of the late seventh century, ca. 685 AD.

#2 Another Liverpool's Bold Street Incident

Source: uforeview.tripod.com...

On a sunny Saturday afternoon in July of 1996, Frank and his wife, Carol was visiting Liverpool's Bold Street area for some shopping. At Central Station, the pair split up; Carol went to Dillons Bookshop and Frank went to HMV to look for a CD he wanted. As he walked up the incline near the Lyceum Post Office/Café building that lead onto Bold Street, Frank suddenly noticed he had entered a strange "oasis of quietness."

Suddenly, a small box van that looked like something out of the 1950s sped across his path, honking its horn as it narrowly missed him. Frank noticed the name on the van's side: "Caplan's." When he looked down, the confused policeman saw that he was unexpectedly standing in the road. The off-duty policeman crossed the road and saw that Dillons Book Store now had "Cripps" over its entrances. More confused, he looked in to see not books, but women's handbags and shoes.

Looking around, Frank realized people were dressed in clothes that appeared to be from the 1940s. Suddenly, he spotted a young girl in her early 20's dressed in a lime-colored sleeveless top. The handbag she was carrying had a popular brand name on it, which reassured the policeman that maybe he was still partly in 1996. It was a paradox, but he was relieved, and he followed the girl into Cripps.

As the pair went inside, Frank watched in amazement as the interior of the building completely changed in a flash to that of Dillons Bookshop of 1996. The girl turned to leave and Frank lightly grasped the girl's arm to attract attention and said, "Did you see that?"

She replied, "Yeah! I thought it was a clothes shop. I was going to look around, but it's a bookshop."

#3 Oklahoma White Building Time Slip

Source: mysteriousuniverse.org...

A white Ford pickup pulled up to cattle pasture near Ponca City, Oklahoma, in early Fall 1971, and stopped at a gate. Karl, Mark, and Gordon worked for cattle feed distributor and were sent to this remote area to pick up a feeder. What they found there has kept them silent for 41 years.
“We opened the gate, which was barbed wire with no lock, and entered,” Karl said. “We went on the property, which was covered with grass up to and over the hood of the truck.”
They drove through the tall grass to the tank that sat close to a red barn and got out of the truck.
“We realized the tank was almost half full and too heavy to load,” Karl said. “We decided to leave and drove around the red barn and we saw a large, two story white house, with no lights in front of us.”
The trio drove back to the cattle feed company and the boss said he’d drain the tank and they could pick it up tomorrow.

“We went to the location to retrieve the tank the next night,” Karl said. “This time we decided to go through the old white big house on the hill and brought our shotguns.”
They drove onto the property over the path they’d made through the grass the day before and loaded the tank. Then they pulled around the barn toward the house. What they saw burned into their memories.
“It was no longer there,” Karl said. “We walked up the hill where it stood and there were no signs of demolition, no foundation, nothing at all. What we all seemed to witness the night before was no longer there. We have talked to each other over the years but none of us can begin to explain this vision.”

#4 Upper St. Mary Road Time Slip

Source:www.assap.ac.uk...

In August 1941 two young sisters, aged twenty and eighteen, got off a bus at St. Mary Road in order to walk along the very familiar road to Upper St. Mary where a dance was being held in the village.It was 6.20pm when they set off along a road which they had cycled along many times. It was then they made the fateful decision that would haunt them for the rest of their lives. They would leave the road at this point, circle round the farm inside the hedge, and rejoin the road beyond the farm and the noisy, threatening dogs. They estimated the time as being about 6.40pm as they walked past a hayrick in the first grass field, entered the second, green field, and headed back to the hedge...
-Story is very long, please visit source link.

#5 Kosmos Cinema Time Slip

Source: timeslipaccounts.blogspot.com...

On the morning of 18th June1968, and elderly lady, Mrs Charlotte Warburton, went shopping with her husband in the town. They decided to go their separate ways for a while and to meet up later. That morning, unable for find a particular brand of coffee from her usual grocer she went into a supermarket in Calverley Road. As she entered the shop she saw a small café through an entrance in the left-hand wall. She had never before realised that there was a café there. It was rather old-fashioned with wood panelled walls. There were no windows and the room was lit by a number of electric bulbs with frosted shades

There was at the time, she thought, nothing especially odd about the scene. 'Two woman in rather long dresses were sitting at one table and about half a dozen men, all in dark lounge suits, were sitting at the other tables further back in the room,' she said. 'All the people seemed to be drinking coffee and chatting ... a normal sight for a country town at eleven o'clock in the morning.'

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Groovy weirdness! I can't wait to dig into all these stories, from the quotes they look really interesting. Right up my ally just in time for Halloween

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Didn't you post this before??
Just kidding!!!
I LOVE timeslip stories/theories and personal experiences.

What's your own best guess at what's happening with them??

G

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

ValentineWiggin
Right up my ally just in time for Halloween

I was thinking the same thing. Hope you like the stories. #1 is my favorite one.

reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Haha, you made me chuckle. I have had time slips happen to me in the past, and I have no clue as to how they can happen, all I know is they happen. I'm not a scientist, but I think our universe is a lot more complex than we think, and that there are a lot more things in science that we need to discover.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Nice thread, but I am sure you posted this tomorrow......

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
super cool. thanks for posting, I could read these all day!

S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I posted in another thread earlier about a dream I had of which the theory of time travel was explained to me, One of the rules was that you could only go back and not forward. What I find interesting is that every time slip account I see is were the present temporarily becomes the past. I have not looked into time slips as much as you have, do you know of any were people tine slipped into the future?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is one of my favourite Time Slip stories, really freaked me out when I first read it, but very interesting....

Two English couples described how while traveling through France en route to a holiday in Spain they stayed the night at a strangely antiquated hotel. Bedding in somewhat basic rooms they were a little unnerved to discover no glass in any of the building's windows, only wooden shutters that closed from the outside.

It wasn't just the building though, all the people they met (everyone from police officers to locals) seemed strangely old fashioned too. Dressing almost as if they had just stepped out of the 19th century. In fact, everything even the knives and forks everybody ate with seemed outdated. Not being able to speak much French, the English couples couldn't ask about it.

Putting all the strange anachronisms down to simply being in rural France and impressed by the mere 18 francs their stay had cost them, the four decided to look for the same hotel again on their return journey. However, this time, despite searching for several hours, they were unable to find it again. What more, when they returned home they were puzzled when all the photos they had taken there turned out blank. As if the hotel and its inhabitants had somehow simply vanished, disappearing even from their film negatives.

If the Simpsons and the Gisbys really did, as it seems, travel back in time about a hundred years or so though: why did their hosts accept 1970s style currency? Assuming the foursome didn't just invent their story (though why would they?) it would seem to suggest there could be a lot more to this type of experience than one might first imagine.

Any serious student of the paranormal, of course, could come up with a whole range of incredible suggestions. Perhaps we're dealing with god-like Tricksters playing games with mortal men for their own childish amusement?

Here is the link to the story...
binnallofamerica.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I did a quick search and found these two accounts about time slips into the future.

Flight into the future:Air Marshal Sir Victor Goddard

paranormal.about.com...

Aeronauts from the future:
www.forteantimes.com...

Your dream sounds interesting. I'll go check it out.

reply to post by davethebear

Oh, yes, I've read that story. Another weird incidence of time slips. Thanks for sharing.

edit on 17/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added a comment

edit on 17/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

There is a bunch of them on paranormal/about.com in this year there is a story either in September's true stories or maybe August's. I'll link here...
Okay it's July's True Tales for 2013
Elevator Ride To The Future
Strange Sightings of Futuristic Men

These are some examples and some of these are my favorites...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Im not completely sold on the "futuristic looking people and tech stories" One because our government and corporations(one in the same I know) keeps tech from the people until releasing it benefits them.

When people do experience something new it has a futuristic feeling to it. Like when you move to a new place or something. I didnt even know It was something other people felt the same till I saw Tenacious D the pick of destiny and
JB goes to KGs apt and upon arriving he says something to affect of "whoa it looks futuristic"

but thinking about it it seems that no one is traveling forward or backward in these timeslip cases but are becoming intertwined as one.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Could be secret tech without a doubt. Just supplying some accounts it's up to you to either regard or dismiss them...I find them fascinating though and one woman here on ATS shared her story of what may have been time travelers in a thread here can't remember the thread but her screen-name was something with Egyptian in it. If I can find it I'll link her account here.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

ldyserenity

Just supplying some accounts it's up to you to either regard or dismiss them...

I completely agree. I only post the juicy stories, I'm not telling anyone how to think or what to believe.
I'm only sharing my own personal opinion when I say, that I do believe in time travel and time slips (had a couple of time slips of my own) whether that may be into the past or the future.

Please do post the link you talked about if you can find it. You got me very interested.

edit on 17/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It sucks cause my memory is well not so good and I can't remember the title or author of the thread nor the author of the post but it was definitely either 2011-2012 when the thread was up and it had like 50 some pages but it's impossible for me to find because I have none of the information to find it...ugh.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

davethebear

If the Simpsons and the Gisbys really did, as it seems, travel back in time about a hundred years or so though: why did their hosts accept 1970s style currency? l

...Because it is amazing how lax people can be.

...Near where I used to work there was a flower shop. The owner stepped out for lunch and left the store in the hands of a new 16-year old intern who had just left school. When she returned, she discovered that a man had come into her shop and bought flowers to the value of 20 pounds. To pay for it, he had given the intern a badly photocopied, one-sided, black and white photocopy of a 20 pound note. Incredibly, although the intern had quesioned this, he had assured her that it was a "real note" and she had accepted it.

...In Florida, a Quebec guy had run out of cash on his holidya, so he went into an American bank in Miami and gave them about $50 in Canadian Tire money (store discount vouchers). The teller called out the manager. Even thought they have "This is not legal tender" stamped boldly on each note, the MANAGER, yes THE BRANCH MANAGER, accepted these when the guy from Quebec insisted that this was Canadian currency and gave him US dollar bills in exchange at the normal exchange rate.

...In Russia, after the fal of communism, the Russian currency became so valueless so fast that people were KNOWINGLY taking 100% phoney $10,000 bills on the basis that they had better value than the real local currency

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i saw a time slip of 4 hrs as a kid and it has always been on my mind since it is good to know i am not alone .

nothing like the stories in the post nothing that exciting i an afraid .

but time is never the same again .

interesting subject though

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Quality thread!

Time slips are by far my favourite topic and I've never read 4 of these 5 stories... so I can't wait to get stuck in!

Cheers Rainbowresidue

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I love time slips stories. Thank you so much for the thread!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Excellent thread! I love the stories.

My wife and I experienced a time slip one time. The details are a bit foggy because I haven't thought about it in a couple of years. We were traveling back to North Carolina from Missouri in July 2011. Along the way we approached some military base. I just checked the map but can't remember the exact one because there are so many along the route we took. I'm pretty sure it was I64 though. So, what happened was my wife was driving and she mentioned that we had about a half a tank of fuel and she wanted to stop and rest so be on the lookout for a gas station. Since it was around lunch time we both also made a note of the time using my phone and the jeep clock. I don't remember the exact time but it had to be around noon. I started looking more closely at the signs and thats when I saw the sign for whatever military base we were approaching and said that there should be a gas station somewhere around here. It was then that my wife turned to me and said did you feel that. I did and we both agreed that it was kind of like a head rush and we felt kind of drunk. My wife was pregnant at the time and we were driving so there were definitely no drugs or alcohol involved. It only seemed like a few seconds had passed since she mentioned the tank was half full but it was now on empty. I looked down at my phone which was now locked, but it was open and on the maps screen. So, I opened it up to the map screen and noticed that the base was way behind us and the time was something like an hour past what I told her only a few moments ago. Just then we were approaching a gas station so we stopped, filled up, ate a snack, talked about it for a little while and then went on down the road chalking it up to road weariness.

We have talked about it a few times since and we both feel that something very weird did in fact happen, but we keep it to ourselves since we don't have a good explanation for it. My half joking theory is that when we passed that military base we got caught up in some sort of time bubble caused by an electromagnetic experiment. I'd sure like to know what really happened.
edit on 17-10-2013 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This happened to my ex-boss, Glyn Jackson in London, England.

He remained silent about it for years as it had deeply disturbed him and changed his life.

Glyn's story is Highly believable as Glyn is person who lacks imagination on such a scale that he could not put together a grade one story for English to save his life.

Glyn was driving in central London up from Piccadilly Circus up Regent Street in heavy traffic. Regent Street, incidentally, although a major shopping centre, was built, originally, over 200 years ago during the reign of King George III.

Suddenly, Glyn's car hit a really, really bumpy part of the road and, for a moment, he thought that he had a flat tyre, and he braked sharply. But it was not a flat, simply the road surface had completely gone and been replaced with one of rough pebbles and dirt. At that instant, he noticed that the entire sky had changed and all the clouds were different. Also, he realised at this moment that all the stores had changed and had been replaced by small unknown ones and that all the people were dressed in 18th century costume. Furthermore, all the dense London traffic had disappeared and been replaced by just a few horse riders, coaches and carts.

In blind panic, Glyn slammed his car into reverse and hit the gas. His car hurtled backwards and a number of the 18th Century people began glancing around, clearly trying to make out what was happening as if they had never seen a car before the wheels of his car was sending pebbles and stones everywhere.

A few seconds later, suddenly, the street changed again, and Glyn narrowly missed driving backwards into the front of a car that had suddenyl materialised behind him, and he realised that once again, he was back in today's Lodon and its dense traffic jams.
edit on 17-10-2013 by abacus10 because: mistypes

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join