It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: Turkey's unprecedented act of betrayal against Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Analysis: Turkey's unprecedented act of betrayal against Israel

In April 2012, Iran announced that it had uncovered a spy ring numbering 15 operatives working at the behest of Israel. Iranian authorities fingered the operatives as being responsible for the killings of nuclear scientists in recent years. Tehran had long suspected the Mossad as the mastermind of these operations. In announcing the arrests, Iran touted the apprehension of “Zionist spies” and the revelations regarding “Zionist” intelligence activity in a neighboring country. The announcement, which didn’t garner much attention at the time, takes on added importance Thursday just hours after The Washington Post reported that Turkish intelligence revealed the identities of 10 Iranian spies working for Israel. According to the report, Iranian agents would meet with their Mossad handlers on Turkish soil.

Was it an act of betrayal or payback. Turkey may still be upset over Israel committing piracy and murder on the high seas when Israel attacked the flotilla taking aid to Gaza. The way I see it seeing how Israel was having these activities happen on Turkish soil then Turkey had every right to inform Iran.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well i'm sure that Israel would like to hype it up and label it a betrayal. I mean, they obviously never do owt wrong and should adhere to a different set of rules to everyone else while deserving unwavering support in return

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Israel has also set the precedent that undisclosed nuclear arms is acceptable global policy. Ok, on the surface Iran is playing ball, but in this game deception is also part of the rules. It is well know that Israel is against Iran developing nuclear weapons and has set back progress over the years. In this front I do support Israel as the responsibility of nukes is not to be taken lightly, any cracks must be fixed. On the surface I do give Iran a break and trying to do the right thing, nukes are much more effective when it is publicly known.

As for how Iran does play out I am looking at Korea to set the tone.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Currently , Israel is not a very happy bunny due to Turkish opposition to her foreign policies.

I would think that the Turkish government is on it's way to outlaw usury within a decade and that will make things even worse between this current Israeli government and the current Turkish Government .

However the relations between the Turks & Hebrews are rather complicated . When more prominent enemies of Israel are on the attack , Hebrews knows that the Turks will provide a sanctuary if needed .

As long as the Gaza issue is outstanding , the Turks will not become too friendly to Israel .

This is not a betrayal nor a payback ; it is only real-politik .

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Since when is it a "betrayal" exposing a foreign spy ring?? Ohhhh those Israelis sure know how to skew reality. I think there needs to be some exposing in America too.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

How is it a betrayal? Did the Turkish govt know about the meetings for sure? Could the spies and handlers not just met with their passports on their own accord?

As for Israel and if its a betrayal, I can't look past the schaadenfrued to give a propper answer. I don't care about anything that happens to the Israeli govt.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

kwakakev
Israel has also set the precedent that undisclosed nuclear arms is acceptable global policy. Ok, on the surface Iran is playing ball, but in this game deception is also part of the rules. It is well know that Israel is against Iran developing nuclear weapons and has set back progress over the years. In this front I do support Israel as the responsibility of nukes is not to be taken lightly, any cracks must be fixed. On the surface I do give Iran a break and trying to do the right thing, nukes are much more effective when it is publicly known.

Israels nuke program is illegal until they sign the NPT they have no place saying anything about any other country. Not to mention there is no proof Iran is even trying to build a bomb.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

buster2010

kwakakev

Israels nuke program is illegal until they sign the NPT they have no place saying anything about any other country. Not to mention there is no proof Iran is even trying to build a bomb.

There is no proof that Israel has nukes either yet its fairly obvious everyone knows they do. There's no proof that Iran is building weapons but do you really think a country that is that close is going to pass up an opportunity that would ensure their hegemony in the region of the ME?

Please
edit on 17-10-2013 by Spookybelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Actually no. A treaty is only binding if you sign it. Israel never signed.

new topics

top topics

join