It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Journey into Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My Journey into Freemasonry

I have been a member of ATS for years now. When I first joined ATS it was simply because I stumbled across a link in Google while searching for information about unidentified flying objects.

This page opened my eyes to a great many things that the majority of the population would scoff at. One of the things I have read about repeatedly was secret organizations, such as Freemasons.

A great many people think the Freemasons are a group of men that meet for clandestine purposes. However, others on ATS would make comments that contradicted these accusations against Freemasonry – and with such passion that it sparked my interest in Freemasonry.

Now, years later, I decided to join the fraternal order.

I first petitioned my hometown lodge and received an application. A few months later I received a phone call from one of the lodge members who asked me to come in for an interview.

I went in on a Monday after I got off work. When I knocked on the front door of the lodge I was told by a voice within to come inside. When I entered the room adjacent to the main lodge there were four men sitting around an elongated table.

I was asked to sit. Each man who sat around the table shook my hand and introduced their selves. They were each very kind and surprisingly open about what Freemasonry stands for.

They immediately began telling me that I have probably heard many false things about Freemasonry, from both friends and family. I laughed and told them they were correct.

They asked me then why, despite all that I had been told, had I requested to join. I replied bluntly and told them that I felt a drawing from my heart to join – as if the fraternal order called out to my heart and I would not be satisfied unless I joined.

They asked me several questions about myself; each question pertained to my character as a man.

After the interview I shook each of their hands and thanked them for their time and consideration. I left the lodge and returned home, honestly feeling like I didn’t answer their questions to satisfaction.

A month passed and I received a phone call from one of the lodge members, who asked me if I would like to come in and join their fraternity. I excitedly said I would very happy to join. I was given a date and time to return to the lodge, and told that my initiation would happen that night.

I arrived at the lodge on the given date and time. The lodge was full of men, some who I knew and other who I didn’t. They had prepared a meal and we all ate supper together, preceded by a prayer and proceeded by fellowship and conversation.

After dinner we went around front to the main lodge where I was prepared for my initiation. I was afterwards conducted into the lodge and spent a time being inducted into the ancient fraternal order.

The ritual was very beautifully done. At no time did I feel afraid, nor intimidated. It was the exact opposite. I felt like every man within the lodge was there for me. I was given more respect as a man than I had ever received outside of the lodge, and was made the youngest Mason of the lodge.

Everyone told me that they were very excited to have me join and looked forward to learning more about me.
Now I am a Mason, made such in a lodge of Freemasons. I have no regrets of joining, except that I did not do it sooner.

I have felt at home in my lodge from day one, and would encourage any upright man who is thinking of joining to do so.

There are no satanic practices. There are no ploughs against mankind. There are no promotions of vices. There is no humiliation or servitude to other masons.

There is brotherly friendship and love. There is respect. There is help when it is needed. There are friends when you need them.

This is a fantastic orginization and I am proud to be a member.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It reads as if You've found YourSelf some new friends and have followed Your heart. Gandhi once said "What You do might be insignificant, but it is important that You do"

The "other" (non-positive) would be... "You just joined the other night, "they" don't go over world domination until the retreat in the Catskills"

Where did We meet? How do You want to leave?

| for One am "happy" because You are happy. | hope it is everything You envisioned.

namaste

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

Thank you for your kind words.

I apreciate it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Any hatred toward freemasonry as a whole is misplaced hatred.

33 degrees, its all im saying.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Welcome to the fraternity brother. Your regret is the same one I had and the same lots of others had. But no worries. You have the rest of your life to continue to learn and teach. If you want advice, I'd say to be as active as your schedule allows for. (never, ever put freemasonry before your family)

I started through the chairs soon after I was raised and am currently the master of my lodge. That part is an amazing journey in itself and give you the opportunity to meet brothers from all over which just re-affirms the quality of men you meet in the fraternity.

Good luck on your journey and if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, just let me know.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

You are correct, there is no consumption of babies or world domination discussions until well into the third month. After that, it's game on! Muhahahahaha!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thanks so much

Yes, my mentor has already told me that I should always put my family first and that charity begins at home.

They are very family oriented and I was suprised by that as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Welcome to our family.

From what you have said in your post, I will gladly call you Brother.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Welcome Brother! And thank you for that honest description of your experience. Very similar to mine except my Dad was there when I was raised. It has been a great experience and I look forward to Lodge night.

Wait. You didn't have to ride the goat?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Good luck in your endevours. I hope it is all you wanted it to be.

Have fun!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am glad you have had a positive experience. Although I am not a mason, I have reached out a couple months ago. My neighbor is a mason and one of the nicest guys I know. My grandfather was also mason. I was starting to think they were just not interested but seeing how you stated it took a few months perhaps the same awaits me.

I try to always reserve judgement until I have enough facts to place judgement. As it stands, aside from some spooky stuff written online I have yet to see my neighbor try to eat my daughter. In fact, I left my door open for him while I am working because his sewer pipe exploded. I am just returning the favor, like when he ran eletricity to my house when my power was out.

I did join AMORC but being that it's really just an online thing I have become inactive. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for all the kind posts.

I am very happy to be a part of the brotherhood.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am glad you have enjoyed your journey so far and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Welcome brother. I started travelling in 2008.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Congratulations Brother, I was recently raised a MM this past May. It's been an enlightening journey that's for sure. It sure sounds like you joined for all the right reasons.

Good luck on your Masonic journey.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Congrats! I have been traveling since 2006 myself.

reply to post by MBMASON

Congrats to you as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I myself have been considering reaching out to my local lodge, However I read on the website they only accept men of upstanding character. I have not always been what would be considered a "good member of society" Therefore I have made the assumption. They would not even consider me.

Would I be judged on my history, or If showing that I have indeed changed, could that be forgiven ?

Thank you for your post it has got me thinking about it again

Namaste
~sacri~

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sacri
Would I be judged on my history, or If showing that I have indeed changed, could that be forgiven ?

If you cannot pass a criminal background check then I would not apply.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

Sacri

Does that mean that one must have no criminal history whatsoever?

What about minor infractions? Or minor infractions committed a long time in the past? (Ah, the indiscretions of youth...)

On a final note - are the rules hard & fast or do different lodges view/handle things like this differently or on a case by case basis?

Just curious...

Thx.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Riffrafter

AugustusMasonicus

Sacri

Does that mean that one must have no criminal history whatsoever?

What about minor infractions? Or minor infractions committed a long time in the past? (Ah, the indiscretions of youth...)

On a final note - are the rules hard & fast or do different lodges view/handle things like this differently or on a case by case basis?

Just curious...

Thx.

I'd also like clarification on this. In may next year My charges will be wiped, and history will be clean. Maybe I should just wait until after then. I find it highly arbitrary that I would be deemed unsuitable based of one silly mistake that landed me in trouble some years ago.

Namaste
~sacri~

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join