It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Gas Companies Hiking Up their costs.... AGAIN.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ok, so I think this is a Social Issue as it will affect many people up and down the Country!

The costs of Heating our homes is on the rise... yet again.

Just in time for the winter Months!

I'm sick to the back teeth of being ripped off by energy Companies, how about you?

They always come with the same excuse that consumption is more, so people need to pay more or the need to improve the system!!

If there are more people paying the costs for energy Supply, surely the costs should stay stagnant for longer periods or indeed go down in costs as more cash is coming in from the increasing population!

Latest increase from British Gas is 9.2%

Link: money.uk.msn.com...

It's not just British Gas either... others will follow suit!

People are already on hard times, yet most Costs keep on rising! I really don't get it. why keep rising the costs of living, when it is clear that people are struggling? It's as if they are really trying their hardest to kill people off or have people destitute living in the streets!!

FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE STANDING CHARGE ALSO WENT UP JUST RECENTLY.
edit on 17-10-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I am in Australia and I am sick to death of it as well. Gas and electricity keep rising and rising outpacing inflation every time you blow your nose. The rich get richer and we get poorer. Don't ask about gasoline / petrol. Pure ripoff by both the companies and the Government.

So much for your Governments promises about North Sea oil and gas!

Just typical.

There will be a day of wreckoning and yes I spelt that as I should have.

P

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm hoping this will be a good thing, It needs to get worse in order to get better.

We need to take our country back, and this should motivate people into action.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

ken10
I'm hoping this will be a good thing, It needs to get worse in order to get better.

We need to take our country back, and this should motivate people into action.

Are you sure?

I would like to see a mass demo either in one or two of the Major Cities or a March and Demo outside one or two of the big Energy Companies but I doubt either will happen.

Have you wondered why these Companies never give out an exact address for themselves?? Its always a PO Box Number! You know why this is?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I would like to see a mass demo either in one or two of the Major Cities or a March and Demo outside one or two of the big Energy Companies but I doubt either will happen.

I'd prefer to vote for a party that promises to re-nationalise the utility companies who's only concerns are profit....no matter what hardships it causes to the public.

And I feel it needs to get bad for this "party" to rise and gain popularity to succeed.....because atm this country is going to the dogs.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
And isn't it amazing how the prices always go up when 'energy costs rise', yet when the cost of a barrel of oil falls, not a hint of any prices coming back down for the consumer.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Going back to 'wood' or 'coal' fires would be great idea! The reason we have Energy Companies is because they wanted us to go with 'Gas'.

We can plant our own trees and bush, instead of cutting the forests down for their wood!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The government constantly go on about how wrong it is yet do nothing to stop it. People just don't seem to be able to accept that these are all criminal organizations working together. ALL of our governments have been infiltrated by criminal elements and are operating in a very fascistic way.
They hide who they are and you can never find out who is at the top. Do they operate from other countries for protection ? We MUST find out who they are and be sure to make them aware that if/when the SHTF we will be coming for them !!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I really don't get it. why keep rising the costs of living, when it is clear that people are struggling? It's as if they are really trying their hardest to kill people off or have people destitute living in the streets!!

The people at the top of these companies do not care about yours or my struggles. They care about profits. And as long as they are left to keep rising energy prices they will keep doing it.

The same reason insurance premiums go up every year, petrol prices go up and dont come down again.

its greed and corruption left to its own accord because they are given the power to be that way and nobody does anything about it.

Until everyone collectively does something the rich will keep getting richer and the poor will keep getting poorer.
edit on 17-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

I have to agree with you on what you say.

The people need to rise up and I think that time is coming....

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Although another rise in prices is a real pain, ranting and raving about these companies does not avoid the obvious trends in the rise of wholesale gas due to supply / demand economics.

There are many parts which make up the price of gas, not least tax and the "renewable energy subsidy" which is basically a tax on consumers to fund these ineffectual wind farms. Consumers could take a decent cut in their energy bills if either, or both, of these unwelcome additions were removed.

What is needed is a complete rethink of the UK energy policy. We should have a proper debate about shale and nuclear, rather than pandering the brigade that seems to think wind-farms and solar fields are the answer - at vast cost!!!

Regards

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Where is the Wind power? We certainly have a lot of Wind in these parts!

Are these Energy Companies taking all they can from us now because they know that soon there Monopoly on Energy is coming to an end?

On another note. This is nothing but Legal Extortion and its been going on for Decades!
edit on 17-10-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Are these Energy Companies taking all they can from us now because they know that soon there Monopoly on Energy is coming to an end?

There is not a monopoly in energy as there are many companies involved. Any nationalisation - to form a State monopoly - is not going to happen, and if it did there is no evidence that energy would be cheaper. It is politics for politicians to blame the companies rather than their failure to develop a meaningful energy strategy.

Regards

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We should boycott them all - everyone in country should not pay. lets go back to burning logs and candle light tbh. Do this for a few months and lets see how it effects the energy giants profits then.

I think more and more people will hold out on paying bills and it will get to the point were people just wont care anymore.

I still have fireplaces in my house, they are not being used, but if i have to go to the woods to collect old logs i will.

Boycott the energy companies untill they feel the pain.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Have you wondered why these Companies never give out an exact address for themselves?? Its always a PO Box Number! You know why this is?

British Gas
Head Office
Lakeside
30 The Causeway
Staines
Middlesex
TW18 3BY

edit on 17/10/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Any UK registered company has to provide a UK based postal address, not a PO Box. If they don't publish it on their website or snailmailings, you can get their official address from companies house, for free.

Don't blame British Gas, they still have a few executives without access to a personal Lear Jet, so they need to make MOAR profit.

On a personal note, this will increase the number of people in "Fuel Poverty", a so called measure where your heating costs are more than 25% of your income.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

woogleuk

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

British Gas
Head Office
Lakeside
30 The Causeway
Staines
Middlesex
TW18 3BY

edit on 17/10/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I thought British Gas is now Centrica ?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
In 2008 my gas/electric bills were £720 per annum

In 2012 they were £1632 per annum that is more than double in 4 years

We are told to change suppliers - but that is only a temporary solution as they pull

you in and then after a set time they are put up and you are back to square one.

I don't live in an average size house with two floors where they say the average yearly

bill is supposed to be £1365 per annum - I live in a two bedroom bungalow.

I am constantly getting unsolicited calls from companies telling me I am entitled to

'FREE' insulation because of the 'green tax' which is put on every bill. (I have

been insulated) but I haven't felt the difference and although it was free when

it was done I would have been better off paying for it as it is costing me more

on my bills than it would have cost me actually paying for it!!

As a pensioner who gets a 'winter fuel payment benefit' I'd like to point out something

that everyone appears to have forgotten ... That payment came about after the first

budget of the 'new labour' government when Gordon Brown increased the 'old age

pension' by the derisory sum of 50p per week (£26 per annum) (Oh how I miss the

laughing icon) He took so much flack for that that he introduced the 'winter fuel

payments' in his (mini budget) So his generosity amounted to a general increase of

less than £4. 50 on the weekly pension for that year.

That was over 15 years ago so what is the value of that £200 in today's money??

when my bill's have more than doubled over 4 years?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

A person may be in 'fuel poverty' but I don't think there is anything or anyone that

can or will be able to do anything about it!?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I just heard a BBC news reader say 'It's going up by just one hundred and blah de blah'

BBC: Minimising the issue in the wording and sounding concerned for the people.

With their money I guess it won't be a problem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join