It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL Things Survival: 10/17/2013: Revisiting BUSHCRAFTING on a Budget and More More More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Thursday, 10/17/2013 at 8:00PM EST

Via The ATS Radio Site (high and low bandwidth players, and stream links for most commercial players available)

Via Shoutcast (high and low bandwidth players available)

Via Tune In (both the site and the Iphone and Android Apps - search for ATS Radio

Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Michael

This week we are discussing

Budget Bushcrafting

And

MORE Best Deals

Tune in Folks

PLUS.. Gardening With Laura, OFF the GRID with Doug, and Tools With Greg!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
These are all knives UNDER $100.00

Budget BUSHCRAFTING is easy and fun, just takes a little leg work

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I see you discovered the Mora to be a quality blade for not much bling.
Nice collection if those are yours.
For their cost and light weight you can afford to carry several and lose one or 2.
I like the old wooden handle ones so I can carve them and make them a bit more personal.
Make nice inexpensive Christmas gifts.

I would hope after recent events people are taking survival skills and prepping a bit more serious these days.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yep all mine

The grey and red one costs 11.99..... SERIOUSLY!!!! Under 12 dollars at Smoky Mountain Knife Works

While a little small for my choice as a "One and Done" survival knife, you are 100% correct..

So light and inexpensive you can carry 3 or 4 in a pack and if you lose one, so what?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Whats the grey one in the top pic that looks like a Chris Reeve copy?

And plus one to the Mora love. They're great. And nice to see I'm not the only one who gets the wooden handle ones and upcycles them.

Is this radio thing available to download? I've never listened to it before.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

The grey knife in the top picture is the Schrade Extreme Survival

See Here

The show will be available to download and stream in the near future.. Stay tuned

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Mmm. I LOVE the bush. Thanks for all the jolly good gippo old chap. Bloody marvelous. Eh what. Keep up all the jolly good work,

Well. Cheerio, pip pip and all that rot.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The Schrade Extreme Survival is a nice knife for the price they also have 2 other versions. I would buy one for $60.

Good job semp
edit on 17-10-2013 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Below are some resources that deal with preparing and fighting Bush Fires. I will be sharing these resources with the listener.

Western Australia fire prep
What you need to defend your home
NSW guide

The info from WA and NSW is the same , the reader may find it useful to go over the details and find the useful details.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Hi Mr.Semperfortis..i am new in ATS live, i am wondering and waiting..Tq to bring this sir..have a NICE DAY

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As discussed

BUCKMASTERS

Pre-Patent on the left

new topics

top topics

join