It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Rice to Be Named Secretary of State UPDATE: Bush Taps Rice To Replace Powell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Dr Doom, also known as Major Ed Dames, is a bit more accurate than Sean imo.

Although he has been wrong sometimes also, but mostly both of them have almost the same predictions.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think Dr. Doom is always wrong

We never see eye to eye. I personally prefer Sean David Morton and others since they generally have a better track record. Sean will be on Coast to Coast tonight (another sleepless night)

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

We never see eye to eye. I personally prefer Sean David Morton and others since they generally have a better track record. Sean will be on Coast to Coast tonight (another sleepless night)

Hey, since I have to get at 4 in the morning (mountain time), can you maybe give a recap after the show? I am really impressed that he hit these predictions on the nail.

I don't think he'll be right on the draft prediction though.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark

Hey, since I have to get at 4 in the morning (mountain time), can you maybe give a recap after the show? I am really impressed that he hit these predictions on the nail.

I don't think he'll be right on the draft prediction though.
Sure, but all you have to do is tomorrow go to:[url=http://www.coasttocoastam.com/]Coast to Coast[/url They usually have a recap of the show and will tell the predictions

Hope I dont fall asleep.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sorry, Dclark, i meant to post the link.www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I thought it was bad now, but with Rice as Secretary of State and Wolfowitz as National Security Advisor, this place is really going to the dogs. What rotten choices Bush has made so far. No doubt a sign of things to come.

Like we really need an executive branch run by a bunch of war mongering, blood-thirsty, irrational and delusional fanatics. This will be a cabinet with a short fuse and no conception of, or patience for, diplomacy. What an inferior, classless and arrogant group of people to represent this nation. It's makes me want to throw up.

I'll be glad when we get a President with at least average intelligence again. This is not only dangerous, it's unthinkable. America's really heading down the sewer and lacks the greatness it once had.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Netbound- You summed it up beautifully. It is a shame.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
dgtempe says:

"Ms Rice, the evil wanna be, piano playing diabolical, war mongering woman of the 2000"s. I'm not impressed. She's totally posessed by the devil. Those late night sacrificial rituals seem to be working.....

I disagree. I consider Dr. Rice to be brilliant, albeit somewhat Machiavellian. I would not be surprised if, when Dick Cheney retires for "medical reasons" in 2005, she would be chosen as VP, run against whomever the Democrats nominate, and become President in 2008.

Dgtempe, I fear you underestimate that woman's sagacity; you misread the will of the American people.

The real world does not end at Dobson or Alma School Road; America is on the eastern boundary.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Ms Rice, the evil wanna be, piano playing diabolical, war mongering woman of the 2000"s. I'm not impressed. She's totally posessed by the devil.
Those late night sacrificial rituals seem to be working.....

I don't want to seem hard-pressed and put you on the spot dgtempe, but who would be your choice, given that everyone in Bush's administration are "satanic" and "evil?"

I'm attempting to put forth an effort to have sensible discussions without resorting to pre-election, slanderous mudslinging!

From your quote, you're the mirror-image of that things you called Ms. Rice!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People Ms. Rice has always been to close to Mr. Bush she has been a friend of the family for to long and she has never marry and have not children I don't want to sound dirty but I think she has a thing for Mr. Bush.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
dgtempe says:

The real world does not end at Dobson or Alma School Road; America is on the eastern boundary.

It doesnt??
You coulda fooled me!

I know the woman is intelligent, she's also a party to Bush's agenda, therefore i have no respect for her. She's an evil warmonger, and being smart does not make her a good person.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That's what you say........

But let's not get off topic here...back to Condolezza Rice... you are calling her a warmonger for what most democrats were saying up to the war in Iraq about wmd and using more force against Iraq.... Democrats were mostly talking about doing something...Republicans actually did something about it.....It has caused the deaths of many Iraqi civilians but not as many as those deaths under the hand of Saddam and the UN peaceful sanctions....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
dgtempe says:

"she's also a party to Bush's agenda, therefore i have no respect for her. She's an evil warmonger, and being smart does not make her a good person"

I am sorry you feel that way. Understand that I did not vote for Bush in either 2000 or 2004 and am not a Republican. There are a lot of things about Bush's agenda with which I disagree, including his caving on steel tariffs, raison d'etre for Iraq, and his approval of that truly hideous and neo-fascist "Patriot Act."

But I am not so naïve and narrow-minded as to believe that anyone whose views differ from mine is "evil." It is exactly that kind of moral blindness that gave rise to the Christian Crusaders of the 11th century, the auto-da-fe of the 15th, and the Islamofascists of the 21st. Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In a press conference just held President Bush has officially announced the nomination of Condoleezza Rice.

WASHINGTON - President Bush promoted his most trusted foreign policy adviser to Secretary of State on Tuesday, tapping Condoleezza Rice to replace warrior-turned-diplomat Colin Powell as part of a sweeping second-term Cabinet overhaul.

"The secretary of state is America's face to the world and in Dr. Rice the world will see the strength, grace and decency of our country," Bush said of his national security adviser.

He thanked Powell, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and national security adviser, for working "tirelessly and selflessly" on behalf of the country.
Rice

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Condi vision of a prosperous democratic world, so is she warmonger?, I thing so, that quote is from a thread supplied by FredT from the 2000 Bush Foreign Policy , interesting how the views of this women supporting Mr. Bush and war were there even before Bush was president.

She believe that in the interest of humanity, US should exercise whatever is necessary and that include war, so the world can prosper and she feels that is the job of the US to do that.

Yeah, Condi is going to be a good access to Mr. Bush selling his war views to the world.

FretT your find is a keeper, I have been able to go back to it from time to time.

dgtempe you are right, she is a warmonger.

TextPower matters, both the exercise of power by the United States and the ability of others to exercise it. Yet many in the United States are (and have always been) uncomfortable with the notions of power politics, great powers, and power balances. In an extreme form, this discomfort leads to a reflexive appeal instead to notions of international law and norms and the belief that the support of many states—or even better, of institutions like the United Nations—is essential to the legitimate exercise of power. The national interest is replaced with humanitarian interests or the interests of the international community. The belief that the United States is exercising power legitimately only when it is doing so on behalf of someone or something else was deeply rooted in Wilsonian thought, and there are strong echoes of it in the Clinton administration. To be sure, there is nothing wrong with doing something that benefits all humanity, but that is, in a sense, a second-order effect. America's pursuit of the national interest will create conditions that promote freedom, markets, and peace. Its pursuit of national interests after World War II led to a more prosperous and democratic world. This can happen again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Bush Taps Rice? Surely not.

(just messing with ya Fred)

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

To be sure, there is nothing wrong with doing something that benefits all humanity, but that is, in a sense, a second-order effect. America's pursuit of the national interest will create conditions that promote freedom, markets, and peace. Its pursuit of national interests after World War II led to a more prosperous and democratic world. This can happen again.

Trickle down democracy??
Trickle down economics wasn't the greatest success. Can't see it working for global peace either. Maybe if you think in terms of the Greek mode of democracy - male, free & propertied. Iraq-style "democracy" might make the peeps with the money & armies & power more prosperous. I'm still not seeing how it's helping the Iraqis. Or me, for that matter.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Saerlaith

I find the quote very interesting taking in considerations that this are the words of one of our highest people in our government and those views were even before 9/11 and Iraq.

If you read it now you may thing that is was written yesterday so It looks to me that war was in the making already even in 2000.

I wonder what else was in the making also back them.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Rice in my opinion has done nothing to further America's image with teh rest of the world. her forte was Russia and her role as national security advisor fraught derision in the Bush cabal. She is surly, comes across as cold and will only widen the chasm of discontent. Let's hope she doesn't misstep when out on the road and elude to George being her husband, as she did not too long ago.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
dgtempe says:

"she's also a party to Bush's agenda, therefore i have no respect for her. She's an evil warmonger, and being smart does not make her a good person"

But I am not so naïve and narrow-minded as to believe that anyone whose views differ from mine is "evil." It is exactly that kind of moral blindness that gave rise to the Christian Crusaders of the 11th century, the auto-da-fe of the 15th, and the Islamofascists of the 21st. Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Off_The_Street]
Good for you. You have spoken and its the gospel.
Narrowminded? I dont think so, Engineer, You see, you may be an engineer but i am also a professional(nobody would know it, i dont broadcast it) and not a dumb broad at all.
I have my good reasons in which to base my thoughts in this matter.
This woman is and has been the driving force behind all Bush's endeavours into this chaotic war. She's downright evil and could care less if anyone lives or dies. She has her own agenda and its a diabolical one.

<< 1    3 >>

join