It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to my other half for the umpteenth time...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
First off, well played. Secondly you should rename this thread to on going man cave discussions or something similar. Keep it running like the chap with his cuppa thread.

I'll return with my contribution shortly something just crashed in the kitchen and I hear swearing

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by Rodinus

I think once you really love the person it doesn't matter.

Too true... even through all the messy parts

Kindest respects back to you too

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Oh my...

Who cleans the kitchen and puts stuff in the cupboards in your humble abode Blasted?

Looking forward to your contributions with much eagerness.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus I will do my best to FedEx popsicles and ice water to you during your sojourn, because you're definitely going to hell for that one!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

To my darling other half...

I was answering someone in the coffee thread earlier on and forgot to mention this as the word armpits came up :

Please could you stop using my razor for your legs and armpits as i snagged my face a couple of times this morning for the umpteenth time this week!

Not only that but then you complain and mutter when i ask you to buy those damned expensive quadruple bladed razor blades when you are out shopping and moan even more when there is blood all over my towel because you refuse to buy them!

Warmest hugs

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

littled16
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus I will do my best to FedEx popsicles and ice water to you during your sojourn, because you're definitely going to hell for that one!

Dearest Littled...

I am already there

Warmest hugs and respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Gotta love married life!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

That is wicked Dark... i had the muppets as a ringtone "ma na ma na" but guess what my new ring tone is going to be before Mrs R gets it before me and then says that she found it first?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Dearest Rodinus, if (God forbid!) anything ever happened to Mrs. R, those would be the very things that you'd miss the most about her! Enough sentimentalism, may I rant in return?

Mr. G, would you kindly...

- Not create that thing in the sink when you shave which is (I hope) a mixture of shaving cream and your dark hairs, but looks more like a creature from the lost world?
- Try to avoid rolling over during the night, placing your nose directly in my ear and snoring like a Sasquatch?
- Realize that there are irrevocable consequences to feeding the dog buttered broccoli?
- Return your X-Box controller back to its designated spot rather than in my favorite chair before I accidentally become way more familiar with it than I'd like?

Thank you, Rodinus, for letting me piggyback on your rant!

Peace,

Grace
edit on 10/17.2013 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Dearest Grace,

You are very welcome to come Piggyback... this thread is for everybody...

I thank you sincerely for your contribution and rather hilarious words... i see Mrs R in a lot of what you have written there!

Come on ladies and gentlemen... let it rip....... maybe we all have something to learn here?

Kindest respects

edit on 17-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
She won't listen man. She will not listen. All married men on earth are on a stage, going through this very same play.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ah...hahahaha...hello everyone! (I needed a laugh today, thanks Rodinus!)

I have very long hair, and an entire cupboard of hair care products.
My Tupperware cupboard always explodes when you open it, because I'm too damn busy thinking about conspiracies to bother stacking it properly.
Mr. Jacy and I each have our own 'place' for our own razors.
I will clean the yukky sink after he shaves, because I'm glad he's not shaving over some other woman's sink, lol.
He puts up with my hair because he loves it. (The hair, not the strands that he says he finds everywhere...even in his underwear....huh?)
I think we have reached a place of compromise?
He tunes me out when he's watching a movie....I tune him out when I'm on ATS.
Geez....I can't think of anything to complain about. Too bad it took me 3 marriages to find a person I could co-exist with, lol.
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Oh she will Fyl...

If only you could see what i am going to do with her stinky smelly egg laying kitten if she doesn't

Even seen a blue kitten before?... *roots around in the bathroom cupboard for Mrs Rs blue hair dye*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Hey Jacy...

Good to see you here, thanks for popping along

OH NO... another lady with the dreaded Tupperward cupboard... as well as our cat litter tray this is a second gateway to hell...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Rodinus
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Come on ladies and gentlemen... let it rip....... maybe we all have something to learn here?

Kindest respects

Cool. Ok, here goes...

Dear Mr. New_Here:

Kindly refrain from turning the TV up to 80 decibels for 'background noise' while you surf the net. Also, please turn it off when you leave the room, as the couch doesn't get much out of it.

I know that you think Reddit trumps ATS, and I'm sorry for your delusion there, but please don't think the following request is some passive-aggressive sentiment: Please kindly limit your interruptions of my serious denial-of-ignorance, to show me yet another "I can haz..." kitty picture. (Really, once you've seen one, you've seen them all, right?) Kindly limit these interruptions to... say, 3 in a ten minute span?

Please refrain from sharing your cheese and crackers with our two beloved canines in that "One for me- one for you" format. I fear they will salivate to death, plus Emma is getting quite fat. (She looks like a tater tot on legs.) I swear they will love you no less, if you just give them one bite at the end. (You do know that 'sad eyes' thing they do while you are eating is a carefully crafted performance worthy of an Oscar not a cracker, right?)

On the other hand... God Bless You for being the early riser of us, who always, always has a pot of coffee ready when I get up, and does his own laundry, and takes care of all the bill-paying (even if you are OCD about it and keep 3-ring binders on everything from bank statements to veterinary visits!)

I do so miss you when you're out of town. Sometimes I blare the TV in your honor. Betcha didn't know that, huh?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Urrrghhh the dreaded "I can haz cat" pics...

I agree with you totally on that one my dear!

You might like this then : hatecats.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A message to my other half for the umpteenth time...
THANK YOU

I know I don't say it enough..but THANK YOU.
Thank you for putting up with the wild craziness that encompasses my life. Thank you for understanding how my fears and social stigmas hinder my life. Thank you for taking care of me when I sometimes cannot take care of myself.
Thank you for understanding why I need at least three kitty companions in my life.
Thank you for never complaining on the days when I just need to be in bed, and cannot clean the house, nor feel like putting on makeup.
Thank you for still making me feel like the most beautiful woman you have ever seen, even though the mirror tells me otherwise.Thank you for putting up with and even laughing at my personality quirks. It's all good. Thank you for trying so hard to make all my dreams come true.Most of all, Thank you for making me laugh. You are the only one who truly found a sense a humor within my solid brick walls.
So although this post goes against the others in the thread...this is truly, honestly, the only things I can say to my other half. I have no idea why he puts up with me, but I thank my lucky stars that he does.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Sighhhhhhhh......
How do I start???
This made me really sad!!!
I guess because I've seen so many BIG problems around me in the last few weeks!
I was sad before I read it & this seems so easy to live with & fix!
Sure it's probably meant all in fun....but it is in the rant section!

Being one of the 'oldsters' on ATS, & having been married 35 years,
(to the same guy), I guess I can give my 5 cents worth.

First, I want to hear 5 wonderful things
that Mrs R does for you, that she wouldn't have to.
Second, 5 things that you love about her.
Third, 5 things that you do, that fry her gizzard!!!

Okay, now here's the 5 cents!!!
Hasn't everyone by now heard the sayings:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again
& expecting different results!
You can't change people/situations, you can only change how you react to them!

Haven't you ever watched one of those health shows
where they put dye in the toilet bowl water, then flush it?
Then they measure how far the droplets spray out! Up to 6 feet away!!!
What are you doing leaving your toothbrush exposed!
Is France one of the countries with those 'woosh' toilets??? Probably 10 feet then!!!
Yuck!!! Put it away, get a case...something!!!!

You take turns with the dishwasher? Sigh...how nice!

Just a guess...but I'm betting Mrs R is too short
to comfortably reach up to the cupboard to put the Tupperware away neatly!
Why not nest them in a basket in a bottom cabinet???
That way you pull out the basket, take one out or put one away easily!

Don't blame the cat...it's not buying it's own food!
If you really think that's the problem, YOU get a different kind to try!
Why is it laying eggs in your office? Is that where the litter box is?
If it's not, maybe you should try it there for awhile.
At least then it would cover things up!

The cup of leftover chocolate...hmmm?
You know it's going to be there, if you love her, grab it & move it to the sink.

The bathmat thing...not quite sure. Why do you keep walking into a known danger?
The only thing I can come up with is two mats. While one is drying, use the spare one?

Of course, solutions to conflicts,
requires looking at things from a different perspective!
Have you talked to her about these things?
Would she be receptive to working on them?

I like the shows where the husband & wife have to change places for a day!
That would be eye opening!!!
My hubby....NOPE, I'm not even going to go there. Not even in fun.
Cause I'm sure he could make a list too.
Not a very big one though..I'm a saint!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

AccessDenied...

May i be one of the very first on this thread to sincerely bow down and take my hat off to you...

Chapeau

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Hiya WOQ,

I am sorry that you have been feeling sad recently and that you will feel better very quickly?

This thread of course is in the rant section but i think if you take time to look you will notice that i make my rants as light as possible and only use humour in order not to be completely flamed out by certain people and try to bring a smile to some peoples faces at the same time... or what i think is humour, although of course i understand that not everyone can be pleased...

The 5 things that my other half does for me that she wouldn't have to do?

1 : She brings a smile to each of my waking moments

2 : She brought Rod Jr into this world to add more smiles to both of our each and every waking moments

3 : She chose me and nobody else to spend the rest of her life and each and every waking moment with

4 : She is always there for me even when i am having one of my dumbass bad temper days...

5 : She has never had to make a promise... she doesn't need to

Now for 5 of the many things that i love about her :

No... i cannot find 5 things that i love about her as this is uncountable... just lets say that i love her for just being the person that she is...

5 things that i do to fry her gizzard?

I am asking her now as she never tells me :

1 : I stress out too quickly

2 : I am always on time or too early... this really gets her going!

3 : I sometimes yell and then realise that i have yelled too loud

4 : I smoke (but only outside i would like to point out!)

5 : I am apparently too homely and don't go out as much as she wishes... (Birth sign is Cancer) Guess that we will have to move away from the country side as too busy working on this blummin old cottage for the past 14 years and everything that goes with it...

Have i justified myself enough to please you?

My tooth brush exposed is the way that many other people also have their tooth brush... in a glass next to the bathroom sink... the comment was HUMOUR in my original post

Have to quote you here :

"Is France one of the countries with those 'woosh' toilets??? Probably 10 feet then!!!"... you should know darned well that us people living in France are completely uncivilized compared to the rest of the world... what is a toilet... we poop behind bushes... we are savages! (HUMOUR!)

We don't take turns with the dishwasher... Its whoever gets to it first, which is usually me as my other half leaves for work very early on a morning so i am the last to switch it on... The comment was ALSO HUMOUR in my original post

You are right in assuming that Mrs R is too short to put the Tupperware away neatly... But seeing as i am a considerate other half, when i built the kitchen i brought the cupboard height down to easy reach for her... And yes, she still chucks the Tupperware into that darned cupboard as if it was 2 metres high!

We do not have room for a basket in the bottom cupboard as this has the heavy material such as pressure cooker etc... and i wouldn't want that falling on her head if we had to put it in the top cupboard would i!

As for the cat... have no worries... I am a veterinary surgeon with many years experience and the kitten is going through that stage in life where it needs to eat constantly throughout the day as it is burning up a lot of energy... so normal that he poops all the time... The Kitty Kat canned meat comment was HUMOUR!

Litter box is in a safe place away from foodstuffs, bathroom etc (just in case you wanted to give me another hygiene lesson)...

I wormed the cat a week or two ago and one of the side effects of the treatment is that for a couple of days afterwards he may have disrupted bowel functions... so he has pooped in a few places by accident as didn't get to his tray in time... That comment to was HUMOUR

The cup of leftover chocolate... Totally agreed... but then again wanted to create HUMOUR... sometimes... although very rarely, my other half will empty it though!

The bathmat : well, thats an ongoing issue... sometimes she puts it down or sometimes she doesn't... you know when you walk into the bathroom all blurry eyed scratching your nuts (if you are a bloke that is), your first instinct isn't to check if your other half has put the bath mat back down...

Pointless having another bath mat too as Rod Jr would only kick it out of the way when he walks blurry eyed and scratching his nuts into the bathroom for his morning shower...

I hope i have justified myself enough to you WOQ?

This thread may be in the rant section and i am certainly not as ignorant or thick as you might think i am, but as i said earlier on, this has been done in a humorous way in order that other people can relate and have some fun at the same time.

End of justification.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. What makes you think that i am not also once of the "oldsters" here on ATS?

My other half has just suggested that you take my thread a little lighter... she certainly had a good laugh when reading through it.

edit on 17-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join