It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to my other half for the umpteenth time...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
To my darling other half... Mrs R who sometimes like to lurk on here in order to improve her English and make sure that i am behaving myself.

Sweetheart, a couple of suggestions if i may?

When on a morning you make your mug of hot chocolate, instead of filling it up to the very top and leaving 2 cm in the bottom on the worktop above the dishwasher as you do every day, could you please only fill it up 3/4 full so that you drink everything... or at least empty the dregs before placing on the worktop, as my trousers do not appreciate being completely splattered with concentrated hot chocolate 10 minutes before going to work when i am filling the dishwasher for the umpteenth time in a rush?

When you get out of the shower in the morning, would it be also possible for you to place the bathmat back on the floor after drying all night as this morning i slipped yet again on the wet bathroom tiles and nearly snapped my neck on the corner of the bath for the umpteenth time?

Could you also refrain from brushing your hair over my tooth brush too for the umpteenth time... as this morning i nearly choked to death whilst brushing my teeth due to one of your rogue hairs falling on it and me not seeing it?

Could you also try and stack all those different Tupperware boxes and lids in a more tidier fashion when you choose to put them in the top cupboard (when it is your turn to empty the dishwasher) as for the umpteenth time when i opened the cupboard door this morning an avalanch of Tupperware boxes and lids came crashing down on my head...

For the umpteenth time, could you also stop buying canned meat for the kitten as today he has yet again laid an egg in my office forcing me to light up a whole bunch of joss sticks and open all the windows with the heating on?

Please do not be surprised to find the kitten hanging from a rope under the cherry tree at the bottom of the garden when you come home from work this evening... and NO i am not cooking the evening meal tonight.

Have a great day sweetheart... mine started off really well!

Warmest hugs

Rodinus

edit on 17-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Word missing

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

sounds like maybe you should just start to see your "other half" as a part of you and instead of trying to change it, embrace it and become part of it instead of separating yourself from it.

On the other hand my last two dualitys that i have been involved in ended, so dont take my advice

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Wake up to yourself mate.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I can only say.... BRILLIANT!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Trouble in paradise mate ?

I'll have you all know Mrs R is a lovely lady, and a damn
fine woman putting up with Rod and his unsavoury
habits.

I won't have a word said against her

Cody

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I am superglued to my other half mate
... we are as one...

Thinking about supergluing the bloody kitten to its litter tray too actually

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Zehll
Wake up to yourself mate.

Thanks for your kind advice Zehll...

I wake up to myself every morning with my darling second half snoring into my face before she has brushed her teeth!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

No words said against her mate... just suggestions...

The perpetual egg laying stinky kitten always comes in handy as a hostage

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It sounds like our ole ladies are related - seriously.

Women, you can't live with them and you can't live without them, more or less.

I'd like to ask my other half to stop taking to me from the other side of the house and expect a response other than yelling back, "What? I can't hear you" at which point I have to stop what I'm doing and walk 50 - 60 feet to hear that she was complaining about a hang nail or some other matter of "importance".

Also, it would be nice if she didn't expect everyone else in the house to cater to her when she wants you to get something for her that is only 5 or so feet away, esp. when you are heading to the bathroom.

Also, she doesn't need to wake me from a nap or early bed time just to tell me what happened on her shopping trip or visit from her friend's place after she gets home. And she can stop barging into the bathroom when I'm going # 2 and then complain about the smell (I know what my brand smells like, I don't need a reminder).

I just have to remember all the help she does provide and accept the other crap, but it would be nice to get some acceptance for my faults and some credit for what I do for her.
edit on 17-10-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

ETA: I really have to admit that she actually does give me credit for my efforts on a daily basis, except that she only tells her friends and family about it and not me. I think she is more less bragging to them and not really telling me about it. It seems to me that she wouldn't want me to think I'm doing something right for a change.
edit on 17-10-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last lines

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
It sounds like our ole ladies are related - seriously.

Women, you can't live with them and you can't live without them, more or less.

I'd like to ask my other half to stop taking to me from the other side of the house and expect a response other than yelling back, "What? I can't hear you" at which point I have to stop what I'm doing and walk 50 - 60 feet to hear that she was complaining about a hang nail or some other matter of "importance".

Also, it would be nice if she didn't expect everyone else in the house to cater to her when she wants you to get something for her that is only 5 or so feet away, esp. when you are heading to the bathroom.

Also, she doesn't need to wake me from a nap or early bed time just to tell me what happened on her shopping trip or visit from her friend's place after she gets home. And she can stop barging into the bathroom when I'm going # 2 and then complain about the smell (I know what my brand smells like, I don't need a reminder).

I just have to remember all the help she does provide and accept the other crap, but it would be nice to get some acceptance for my faults and some credit for I do for her.

My deepest sympathy goes out to you Mich

I especially can relate when you say "I'd like to ask my other half to stop taking to me from the other side of the house and expect a response other than yelling back, "What? I can't hear you" at which point I have to stop what I'm doing and walk 50 - 60 feet to hear that she was complaining about a hang nail or some other matter of "importance"."

This happens to me too and i end up yelling back from the other end of the house whilst i am doing something like putting a shelf up and have my hands full only to hear the following... "will you stop yelling?"

Whilst i am at it... Dear Mrs R, if you are reading this, could you also PLEASE stop asking me the following question "have you not finished yet?" with a scolding look on your face 5 minutes after i have just opened up an Ikea wardrobe package!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 17-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yeah, Rodinus, the one thing I hate that my missus does, is when she brushes her hair and her long blonde hairs all tend to gather at the bristle end of my toothbrush...

Oh the mornings I have gagged when brushing my teeth and I get hairs stuck in between my teeth, I just stand looking in the mirror, nearly vomiting in the sink...

This is not a real photo of my toothbrush..

I have threatened to shave her head, but it still doesn't make any bloody difference...

Weird species aren't they, he said behind his hand....

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Urrgghhhh...

Blummin heck Dave... you are so not far from the truth with that pic!!!

That awful gagging when you half swallow that long hair and have to pull it out of your throat when it is half hanging out of your mouth

For the head shaving... may i suggest that you offer to wash her hair in a romantic gesture and instead of using shampoo use that VEET hair removing cream that she plasters all over her legs and then leaves hanging around on used tissues on the bathroom worktop?

Actually you have given me an idea to kill two birds with one stone... i am going to turn the kitten upside down and use it as a toothbrush holder

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 17-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I wish I could award that post a thousand stars. I related to everything you said.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

And of course the humdinger of all humdingers...

She is allowed to burp and fart like a man... and even pick her nose... but when you do the same thing you get called a disgusting pig...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Funniest thing I have read today! Your morning sounds like a comedy sketch, sorry but it made me chuckle.

Ah the joys of love and cohabiting

S&F
edit on 17-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

True... i should film each morning and post it here a little like the Blairwitch project... The Rodinuswitch project...

And i haven't started on how the evenings are my dear!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Brilliant!

I am slightly OCD when it comes to keeping the apartment clean so I happily do all the chores because I know my other half would not do them correctly ( or maybe he does them wrong on purpose knowing that I will take over) I also do all the cooking because I cant bear the mess he makes after he makes something, he feels the need to use every utensil/plate/pot/pan in the kitchen when making a meal

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by Rodinus

Brilliant!

I am slightly OCD when it comes to keeping the apartment clean so I happily do all the chores because I know my other half would not do them correctly ( or maybe he does them wrong on purpose knowing that I will take over) I also do all the cooking because I cant bear the mess he makes after he makes something, he feels the need to use every utensil/plate/pot/pan in the kitchen when making a meal

Sounds like any mans dream come true.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by Rodinus

Brilliant!

You are invited to France when you like Lady Tuatha... and you get the free wine to go with it!

It's funny, i am the opposite when it comes to cooking... When Mrs R cooks, the kitchen looks as if a herd of wild elephants on Red Bull have been on a 24 hour rave party, yet when i cook, everything is cleaned and put away as soon as i have finished using it and the kitchen is spotless when i serve the dishes... meaning we can flop out and have some quality time together after eating...

Erm... *scratches head and just realises*... Maybe she does that on purpose then too!?

Mrs R... if you are reading this you have some explanations to do tonight or the kitten gets it big time!

But... saying that... all in all my other half is one of the sweetest gals you could ever meet with thousands of other qualities that i have not mentioned.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 17-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I think opposites attract, me and my man make a great team, I wouldn't change him for the world, what he lacks in domestic housekeeping abilities he makes up for in other ways, he is the kindest most loving man I have ever met and I am lucky to have him

I think once you really love the person it doesn't matter.

Lots of love to you and Mrs Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join