It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Clerk Fired for Pulling Gun on Robber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

A New Hampshire gas station clerk who thwarted an attempted robbery by pulling out a handgun was fired because company policy prohibits staff from carrying firearms.

U.S. NH Gas Clerk Fired for Pulling Gun on Robber

Ok, this news made me think....

Someone Breaks Up YOUR Rules But, by doing this, they manage to Help YOU or your company, What Would You Do ?

edit on 17-10-2013 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i wouldnt want to work for anyone that was against the basic human right to defend ones-self. It seems like a blessing to me

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Agreed.

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Ok, what went right this time could have gone wrong and cause damage, but I still agree with you.
edit on 17-10-2013 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Much like this old thread here from last year...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
AutoZone Worker Saves Boss From Armed Robber, Gets Fired

Workplaces have rules.
Break them, you get fired.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow they really held it against this person not only for protecting their self but the lives of any other person in that store and saved the company from having to replace stolen money and product possibly lives that u can't replace and this person is now unemployed this is a very sad story i hope this person sues them and gets enouph money to take a good vacation and not have to work for a while way to go for taking care of bisness

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

alfa1

......Workplaces have rules.
Break them, you get fired.

Ok, now imagine your son/daughter is in danger. Should you employer break the rules to save him/her or let them die ? ...Would you fire your employer if they did break the rules to save your son/daughter or for doing nothing not breaking your rules ?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

AQ6666
Ok, now imagine your son/daughter is in danger. Should you employer break the rules to save him/her or let them die ?

Part of the problem here is that the title of this thread is a sensationalist lie.
He wasnt fired for "pulling gun on robber", he was fired for, and they are quite specific on this, the reason of "...prohibit weapons in the workplace."

So your analogy doesnt work. He would have been fired for the same offense even if no robber had ever turned up, and he had never been in danger of his life at any time, ever. Its just that in this case, head office found out, whereeas otherwise they simply wouldnt have known.

For all we know, he'd probably been breaking the "no weapons in the workplace" for all the years he'd been there.

So to reword your question more accurately:
Ok, now imagine your son/daughter might one day possibly be in danger. Should you employer break the rules every day?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I can agree with what you say but the title is not mine. Its from the news source.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes they should brake the rules everyday you never know when something like this is gonna happen and working in a store of many kinds you should expect the worse its kind of hard to believe its a no weapons place period these days

top topics

join